AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 14 21.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 29.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 15.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 23.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-17, 06:13   Link #61
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Mugi is freakishly strong for a girl to be able to carry a glass aquarium that big... plus some boxes on top!
She had to be that strong in order to pin down the girls she wants to yuri right?

Kinda waiting for Mio-twintail fanart coming out....

MIO'S BITCHSLAP! LOL! And the more you sweat, the weight you lose.....

Azunyan made a mistake in quoting Rene Descartes : it is not suppose to be in the literal context : but rather, it should be in the context of thinking of ways to make possibilities come true.

Ritsu and the exploding fan! And after Ritsu puts an ice down Mio's back, Mugi look on her face seems to expect Mio to strip to take out the ice in the next moment.....

Mugi's house of mystery!

They should name the last part of this episode "How to trick Azunyan that Yui will start practicing".

P.S I wonder if Apple pays Kyoani for advertising ......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-17, 06:41   Link #62
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S I wonder if Apple pays Kyoani for advertising ......
They should pay the fansubber if they're paying anybody, since Ritsu cleary said persocom which the translator decided to "localize" into iPad.

Last edited by krko; 2010-06-17 at 09:31. Reason: grammer
Old 2010-06-17, 08:33   Link #63
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
They should pay the fansubber if their paying anybody, since Ritsu cleary said persocom which the translator decided to "localize" into iPad.
Mango-chan is great.
Old 2010-06-17, 09:25   Link #64
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
She had to be that strong in order to pin down the girls she wants to yuri right?
Goodness, I want to see her do this to some girl. ANYONE WOULD DO.

Quote:
Azunyan made a mistake in quoting Rene Descartes : it is not suppose to be in the literal context : but rather, it should be in the context of thinking of ways to make possibilities come true.
Except she didn't really quote Rene Descartes, the subbers just did it for the lulz.
Old 2010-06-17, 10:38   Link #65
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I thought that was the first aquarium.

Speaking of persocoms....Could Mugi be a new model? (Chi!)
Old 2010-06-17, 10:48   Link #66
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
Goodness, I want to see her do this to some girl. ANYONE WOULD DO.
As long as she doesn't touch my kitty, its fine. I would certainly love to see her do that Mio.

Oh wait, she has already done so. In a H-doujin.

Quote:
Except she didn't really quote Rene Descartes, the subbers just did it for the lulz.
The quote "I think, therefore I am", or rather, Cogito Ergo Sum came from Descartes's "Discourse Of The Method" (that is one hell of a manuscript, very interesting read). He later wrote in a second book "Meditations" that the line gives people the wrong idea about inference without logical thought or research, which is what Ritsu and Yui are doing.

So yes, it is often misquoted. You can't just simply think that it isn't hot when the weather is boiling, however, you CAN think that the heat is nothing to something compared to lugging a 30-40kg fieldpack and a rifle walking 24 kilometres on foot in a jungle*. The difference is that the second part is a comparison to something practical, while the first part is just theoretical, thus the first is illogical as referent to the second.

* - Yeah. I have done that before. Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I thought that was the first aquarium.

Speaking of persocoms....Could Mugi be a new model? (Chi!)
Yeah, lily pads. Electronic version, and asserts a lesbianating influence over the user rather than a normal "use me, not another brand" aura.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-17, 13:15   Link #67
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
As long as she doesn't touch my kitty, its fine. I would certainly love to see her do that Mio.

Oh wait, she has already done so. In a H-doujin.
Ehhh, that one was still one-sided cause Mio was "faithful".

Quote:
The quote "I think, therefore I am", or rather, Cogito Ergo Sum came from Descartes's "Discourse Of The Method" (that is one hell of a manuscript, very interesting read). He later wrote in a second book "Meditations" that the line gives people the wrong idea about inference without logical thought or research, which is what Ritsu and Yui are doing.

So yes, it is often misquoted. You can't just simply think that it isn't hot when the weather is boiling, however, you CAN think that the heat is nothing to something compared to lugging a 30-40kg fieldpack and a rifle walking 24 kilometres on foot in a jungle*. The difference is that the second part is a comparison to something practical, while the first part is just theoretical, thus the first is illogical as referent to the second.
Ritsu and Yui did that prior to Mugi's statement though, Azusa only agreed that it was indeed all in the head. No quoting Descartes whatsover happened. XD

Guah, I'm probably a bit asspained about some people saying that Azusa is a dumbass for quoting that.
Old 2010-06-17, 13:42   Link #68
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
Ritsu and Yui did that prior to Mugi's statement though, Azusa only agreed that it was indeed all in the head. No quoting Descartes whatsover happened. XD

Guah, I'm probably a bit asspained about some people saying that Azusa is a dumbass for quoting that.
I usually would throw a facepalm when that is misquoted, but for Azunyan......that makes her look cute! Makes me want to cuddle and kiss her and tell her gently that she got it all wrong.

Ok that is making me sound like a pervert.

Old 2010-06-17, 15:02   Link #69
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

CoalGuys has now officially stated that the Descartes quote was a mistranslation.
Old 2010-06-17, 15:53   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
CoalGuys has now officially stated that the Descartes quote was a mistranslation.
Dammit. There goes a cuteness point for Azunyan.

Old 2010-06-17, 16:17   Link #71
Sparvid
*hic*

That part might be my favorite Aki Toyosaki performance ever

Also, first anime appearance of Yui's wish to be able to snap her fingers (I think that that particular scene was the third reference in the manga)

I laughed out loud that the fan blade flying across the room. That came sort of out of nowhere in a slice of life show...
Old 2010-06-17, 16:32   Link #72
wistfulloner

Filler to the max, but at least it was an enjoyable filler.

(Then again, just about every episode in K-on is filler)
Old 2010-06-17, 16:44   Link #73
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I laughed out loud that the fan blade flying across the room. That came sort of out of nowhere in a slice of life show...
+1 for the double entendre.

Old 2010-06-17, 17:36   Link #74
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
Quote:
Also, first anime appearance of Yui's wish to be able to snap her fingers (I think that that particular scene was the third reference in the manga)
Not so! It was mentioned in the first episode of this series, when they're talking about their aspirations for the coming year. Couldn't tell you the exact time, but I'm certain it's in there somewhere.
Old 2010-06-18, 01:46   Link #75
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post

I'm curious to your definition of 'filler' then.
Old 2010-06-18, 05:05   Link #76
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
I just realized something:

See this:

Now look here:

Spoiler for answer:

a different charm for love
We also see Mugi's aquarium in an earlier episode:

they probaly threw that one out
Old 2010-06-18, 08:40   Link #77
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It's probably another kind of safety charm - the type that protects her from being single for the rest of her life.

Old 2010-06-18, 18:29   Link #78
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post

It's impossible not to be since each chapter is like 8 pages long and they are not connected with each other except the one with play which has 2 chapters dedicated to it.
Old 2010-06-19, 10:08   Link #79
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:

That part might be my favorite Aki Toyosaki performance ever

"oh, Ritsu Kami-sama!.."
Old 2010-06-19, 19:40   Link #80
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's a folktale reference isn't it? About that logger whose axe fell into a lake and a spirit made him choose between a gold axe, a silver axe and a regular axe.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread