AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-20, 04:57   Link #1661
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

This is awesome XD

Spoiler for Costume chaaaaaa~nge!!:
Old 2012-02-20, 05:02   Link #1662
kuromitsu

Aaaaawww. So cute~
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 05:05   Link #1663
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I'd like raise a small issue. Altair's demographic problem seems to me like a very understandable problem. I may have missed this but is there any reason why Altair can't try and resolve this diplomatically? (haven't seen the previous series btw)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 05:22   Link #1664
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Honestly, It looks more like Mikono and less like Alicia. I know that she's featured in the OP. But that particular image, doesn't look like Alicia at all.
Sorry but Mikono is also featured in the scan standing beside Amata and Zessica. It's the same scan from Minitokyo.
Full scan:
Spoiler for large scan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
And....Who is NOT rooting for Amata x Zessica by now?! O.o
I'm still 100% on Amata/Mikono.
Old 2012-02-20, 05:36   Link #1665
Enternal

Looking through this thread, I'm a bit surprised that there's a pretty good equal split between Mikono and Zessica fan. Seems like the show does know how to make those a good balance! Now... if there's potential for Mikono x Zessica as well...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 06:06   Link #1666
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaijin View Post
Eye poke? I thought she was performing a 'scissors' attack since the other 2 were doing a 'rock' and 'paper' gesture as well.
Watch that scene; the 'Scissors' attack went for an eye gouge Second one was a gut palm strike I think, while the third... For completion sake, I'll call it a punch to the groin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Spoiler for Breeding Hips:
Thanks, I was only kidding at that time though

But it looks like Jin had deem her and Zesscia not breeding material

Some guys have high standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
This is awesome XD
This makes sense, why else would Amata keep yelling "PUT ME DOWN!!!" whenever that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Looking through this thread, I'm a bit surprised that there's a pretty good equal split between Mikono and Zessica fan. Seems like the show does know how to make those a good balance! Now... if there's potential for Mikono x Zessica as well...
Lets try not to bring up anything to do with pairing Things can get testy...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 06:08   Link #1667
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I'd like raise a small issue. Altair's demographic problem seems to me like a very understandable problem. I may have missed this but is there any reason why Altair can't try and resolve this diplomatically? (haven't seen the previous series btw)
Because that wouldn't make much of a plot, I suppose... Even though it would work, I think.

"Ladies, come to Altair! We've got state-of-the-art technology, time-space travel, and most importantly, all the hot men you could ever want! From preternaturally beautiful supernatural beings to wild redheads and older men in uniform, we can and will satisfy all your needs! A special note to women with special interests: Altair has no women so homo-homo relationships abound! Come visit us and we'll make sure you'll never want to leave!"

Then again, actually getting the ladies there would still be a problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Sorry but Mikono is also featured in the scan standing beside Amata and Zessica. It's the same scan from Minitokyo.
Also, that picture of Alisia is the exact same one that is in the ED.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-20 at 07:05.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 06:27   Link #1668
mayumi

most likely vega side knows that breeding between 2 planets will lead to some sort of bad trigger in the universe which is why its a forbidden union. maybe vega has its own apollo and silvia and altair side should have its own apollo and silvia but unfortunately silvia was never born or is a mystery in the altair side. also, mostly mikage's doing to ensure she was never born or was born but is actually a guy. Cough amata cough.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-02-20 at 07:33.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 06:39   Link #1669
Zuul

I think they cannot politely ask for women when they have 99% of chance of dying during the journey.

I wonder what sort of game Mikage is playing ? It looks like he plans to use Kagura against Altea best interest in the future.

Or maybe is he NTR-torture him because he enjoys NTR. Thanks to Mikage for bringing such delicious fanservice)
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 06:48   Link #1670
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Go Tight is back!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 07:15   Link #1671
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Then again, actually getting the ladies there would still be a problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I think they cannot politely ask for women when they have 99% of chance of dying during the journey.
Diplomacy doesn't have to just mean politely asking. It could also involve working to together to find a possible solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
most likely vega side knows that breeding between 2 planets will lead to some sort of bad trigger in the universe which is why its a forbidden union.
Lol, I didn't think "coz the universe would implode" would be the actual answer.

Harsh
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 07:41   Link #1672
kenshinkid
"Phenomenal" Parody God
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Go Tight is back!
I had chills down my spine when I heard it. Brings back memories!
Old 2012-02-20, 07:48   Link #1673
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Diplomacy doesn't have to just mean politely asking. It could also involve working to together to find a possible solution.
Indeed. People think "negotiation" or "mediation" are soft options. They're not. A lot times you go in tough and defend your interests.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 07:59   Link #1674
Shikijin

I discovered something in wikipedia.

なおova2巻限定愛蔵版に付属するcdドラマ「一万二千年の足跡」では、アクエリオンのコアクリスタルに アポロニアスの翅が「埋葬」されたことが判明する。そのコアクリスタルのビジュアル自体は既にtv版7話、 25話でセリアンと共に出現していた。

In the CD drama attached to the limited edition of OVA2 it was explained that Apollonius buried a feather(s) inside the Core Crystal of Aquarion (which appeared in episode 7 and 25 of the TV series).

It depends on how official the CD drama was (and which universe it was referred to), but it seems "Wings of the Sun" wasn't made with part of Apollonius' soul, so the old Aquarion didn't reincarnate or something.

In wikipedia there was also information about the mecha from an unknown source. Don't know if it is really official, maybe this info comes from the PS2 game.

Vector Sol
Amplifies pilot's spirit and special power.

Vector Mars
Amplifies pilot's intellect, strategical command skills and ability to think.

Vector Luna
Raise the pilot's sensitivity and recovery power.

Solar Aquarion
Increases Element power. When the Solar Wings are deployed Element power is increased even further. High physical defense.

Aquarion Mars
The fastest. High defense against beams and energy weapons.

Aquarion Luna
Able to manipulate the nature of things like winds and waves. When wings are fully opened the floating power increases. High defense against magical attacks.

There is also some other info about Aquarion Evol in the official site.

Aquarion Evol
The most powerful. The Solar Wings can release various kinds of energy waves.

Aquarion Gepard
It has the most defense and the less burden on the pilot.

Aquarion Spada
The fastest one. The barrier shield output is low, so this is compensated by the shield on the left arm. It depends on the pilot, but it is the second most powerful form next to the Aquarion Evol. It requires high Element power.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:07   Link #1675
KBTKaiser

Actually, the drama CD thing says that Aquarion's core crystals actually has Apollonius' Wings embedded within it.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:13   Link #1676
John117xCortana

Whats the name of the song that plays when they were ripping their clothes off ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:21   Link #1677
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Whats the name of the song that plays when they were ripping their clothes off ?
It's Go Tight, the second OP of the original Aquarion and sung by Akino.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:39   Link #1678
Casshern

Does anyone recognize the bgm at the start of ep8? I swear I've heard it before in another anime, most likely from Sailor Moon, but can't remember. It's bugging the hell out of me.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:46   Link #1679
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Spoiler for Penetrator Missiles:
I'm guessing you mean Infiltrator Missiles... and actually they were very effective for what they're supposed to do: destabilize the Elements inside Aquarion. They just couldn't foresee that the act itself could actually powerup the mech as a whole

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:46   Link #1680
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

this maybe the best episode so far! the battle! the love struggle! the fanservice!

and I'm glad "Go Tight" is back! now waiting for "Sousei no Aquarion" maybe on kagura vs amata battle, calling it
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction