AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 17:10   Link #6041
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I can not tell them, but if I do, they just find it anyway by using one of those tenant screening companies.

We've already been turned down multiple times, and trying to find a roommate situation doesn't work unless you're by yourself. We really lucked out in the place we're currently living in, but the rent is going to go up to some ridiculous amount and we can't afford 1300 a month just to rent a room; it's not possible.

If you have an eviction at all, these realtors around here won't even speak to you, they won't accept explanations, they just tell you to GTFO.
Old 2012-07-18, 17:16   Link #6042
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Is there any way to get an eviction wiped from your record? Can the landlord who did it remove it?
Old 2012-07-18, 17:18   Link #6043
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Is there any way to get an eviction wiped from your record? Can the landlord who did it remove it?
Sure, if I pay them. But I don't have $2k laying around, and even if I paid them now it'd take a significant period of time before it'd fall off my credit. I've got a little less than two weeks before I'm out on the streets.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:45   Link #6044
Azuma Denton
~AD~

If i buy something (ex: a figure of Batman), then i took a picture of it and sell it as a photobook of my figure collection. Is it infringing a copyright??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:01   Link #6045
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
If i buy something (ex: a figure of Batman), then i took a picture of it and sell it as a photobook of my figure collection. Is it infringing a copyright??
Potentially yes. It would be different if you were trying to re-sell the figure, but here you're trying to sell an image of the toy. Rights to the commercial use of images or the likeness of a toy usually belong to the toymaker. If in doubt, best check with the company for the terms and conditions of usage.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:13   Link #6046
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Potentially yes. It would be different if you were trying to re-sell the figure, but here you're trying to sell an image of the toy. Rights to the commercial use of images or the likeness of a toy usually belong to the toymaker. If in doubt, best check with the company for the terms and conditions of usage.
It depends on the subject of the Photos. If you can reasonably argue that your photos were meant as art than it's probably OK but do be warned that just a couple of years ago Mattel sued a guy who used Barbie dolls as his photo subjects:

How fair use brought us VCRs, copiers—and nude Barbie enchiladas @ Ars Technica
Old 2012-07-20, 06:21   Link #6047
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It depends on the subject of the Photos. If you can reasonably argue that your photos were meant as art than it's probably OK but do be warned that just a couple of years ago Mattel sued a guy who used Barbie dolls as his photo subjects:

How fair use brought us VCRs, copiers—and nude Barbie enchiladas @ Ars Technica
That's a different case. Azuma Denton specifically said he wishes to sell an image of a Batman figure he bought. That is almost likely copyright infringement. Hard to argue for fair use when he is intending to profit from the photo.
Old 2012-07-20, 20:13   Link #6048
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, ic ic... Thanks for the input, TinyRedLeaf.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:20   Link #6049
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Is it common for nurse to give some sweet thing (in my country: sweet iced tea) after blood donation? What about another country?
Japan: Depends on the location.

Korea: An energy drink and a Choco Pie, and depending on location, all-you-can-drink soda fountain (like the kind used in fast food shops) and a bag of chips along with several internet connected computers
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 22:24   Link #6050
Seitsuki
Onee!

I need help.

My 20th birthday is coming up in less than a month, and you know how it is with Asians, apparently it's something important.. anyway.. my parents insist I do something, my previous birthdays were nice quiet affairs, going out to dinner with family etc, but for this I'm supposed to call out friends and.. I don't know. Anti-social type here, thank goodness I at least have some friends, my dad said if I didn't have any he could call out loads of his and.. oh god the thought is enough to make me die, let's not dwell on that. My point is I don't know what it is people do, I mean I know apparently people have big parties with lots of drinking and stuff for 20ths?.. That's not me, no sir, ideally I can just do something quick for a few hours during the day and settle for a quiet dinner again but I don't know. So lost. Never was very good at this social thing. Any help is appreciated. Please.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:28   Link #6051
Sumeragi
Banned

What kind of Asian?

Also, just a general suggestion: Perhaps lunch out with those couple of friends?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 22:55   Link #6052
LeoXiao
思想工作

Create a courtesy name for yourself, obviously. Problem solved.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:34   Link #6053
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I need help.

My 20th birthday is coming up in less than a month, and you know how it is with Asians, apparently it's something important.. anyway.. my parents insist I do something, my previous birthdays were nice quiet affairs, going out to dinner with family etc, but for this I'm supposed to call out friends and.. I don't know. Anti-social type here, thank goodness I at least have some friends, my dad said if I didn't have any he could call out loads of his and.. oh god the thought is enough to make me die, let's not dwell on that. My point is I don't know what it is people do, I mean I know apparently people have big parties with lots of drinking and stuff for 20ths?.. That's not me, no sir, ideally I can just do something quick for a few hours during the day and settle for a quiet dinner again but I don't know. So lost. Never was very good at this social thing. Any help is appreciated. Please.
Hold your birthday party at a nearby orphanage, say that it is for karma reasons while surrounding yourself with lolis.

Happy birthday btw.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 00:17   Link #6054
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
I need help.

A prove of adulthood maybe???

Well like saintessheart said, you can hold your party at orphanage.
Or another alternative, try hold a BBQ party for neighbourhood...
Old 2012-07-21, 00:34   Link #6055
supermegasonic

Quote:
I need help.

karaoke? invite everyone over to play video games? i mean i doubt you'll go partying unless someone can force you..
Old 2012-07-21, 10:14   Link #6056
romcom89

I'm from Germany and i have a question, how would you describe the words 'Spear us' in other words. Thanks for help
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:37   Link #6057
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by romcom89 View Post
I'm from Germany and i have a question, how would you describe the words 'Spear us' in other words. Thanks for help
impale
to push a sharp object through something

skewer
fasten together or pierce with a pin or skewer

pierce
to go into or through something, making a hole in it using a sharp point

Other suggestions:
lance, perforate, prick, puncture, transfix, run through
Old 2012-07-21, 11:44   Link #6058
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by romcom89 View Post
TinyRedLeaf answered your question, but I'm curious... did you mean "spare us" instead of "spear us"?
Old 2012-07-21, 11:52   Link #6059
kenobihiro

Quote:
TinyRedLeaf answered your question, but I'm curious... did you mean "spare us" instead of "spear us"?
Yeah, i'm wondering as well. Either way, spear us is quite funny to hear
kenobihiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 11:53   Link #6060
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
I have a feeling that he actually meant spare us instead of spear us...

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious