Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-03, 19:48   Link #8841
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Do you use lowest graphics settings?

here is solution for skyrim that i found:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...ktop-no-error/

basically the guy went from ultra to medium to low settings.

anyways from what you said, u have unofficial patches on skyrim, which may or may not have corrupted the game/game folder.

for CTD errors for ram problems:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=134

game might be unstable after installing mods/unofficial patches... so i'm thinking the games wasn't originally supposed to be modded or able to support mods, especially the unofficial ones.

for WoT, best bet would be clean install... or if its a mod, get rid of the mods in the folder.

sah nah need more info before i can give proper solution for WoT.

BDR is the only one with a decent gun, despite having crap ass armor, but I still like the KV 1 cuz its bounces and absorbs shots at its tier for most of the tiers in its range.
Old 2013-08-03, 19:52   Link #8842
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LOL no, Skyrim was pretty much built with modding in mind, much like the games in the series that preceded it (Morrowind and Oblivion). Bethesda admitted as much, as there's only just so much their staff can fix on their own, so they gave leave to modders to shore up the shortfalls in the games via mods. Make sure you know what you're talking about before suggesting stuff, Touma.

And yes, a clean re-install for WoT is DEFINITELY going to be done.
Old 2013-08-03, 20:05   Link #8843
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I've played morrowind, and cheated the whole time on it, then got bored. RPGs aren't fun anymore like FF 7, unless its an MMORPG like WoW, DAoC, GW2, etc.

its only suggesting on solutions, or rather guessing which would best fit ur problem.

best bet would get a external HD and back up ur folders just in case something goes wrong, you can look at ur folders what happened. its one of the ways to troubleshoot problems. mah, it doesn't work all the time, but at least its a start... rather than trying to wait for someone to find the solution for the same problem.
Old 2013-08-03, 20:13   Link #8844
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, RPGs like Elder Scrolls are very different than normal, since they are sandbox RPGs unlike the majority of the same genre on the market.
-----------
Right now I'm starting to learn the hang on the King Tiger. So far I got myself for every battle with at least one or two kills, win or not. It feels really sluggish without any equipment but the rammer and with 89% crew (since I have to transfer the Panther's crew to the Tiger). I wen t to 4*han for a while to ask the guys there, and after some "serious" flame they gave the advice that I should go for turret first and put the equipment that increases suspension capacity/health before researching suspension. Everything else is secondary.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:19   Link #8845
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

wondering if i should gift u too, since i just gift Quox.....

let me know if u need any help.

for KT i researched all in one go, but I would check the WoT wiki for a 2nd opinion, since its really relevant at givin tips on tanks.
Old 2013-08-03, 20:33   Link #8846
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I've played morrowind, and cheated the whole time on it, then got bored.
As if we had any more evidence at Touma's short attention span. Bethesda games like Skyrim are open sandbox games, with no "you have to do this" plotline. One can go through the whole game without even bothering with the main quest in these -- I didn't bother with Dagoth Ur in Morrowind for example until I hit the level cap, then I figured what the hey, might as well do the real questline.
Old 2013-08-03, 21:54   Link #8847
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

never really understood what morrowind was about, my lil brother played skyrim on the xbox and finished it, he said it was a waste of time.
Old 2013-08-03, 22:08   Link #8848
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I played TES until Oblivion, mostly because I can't run Skyrim. Oblivion (or TES in general) has A LOT of mods. Some for putting things like weapons or spells to some... questionable content ones (one world: AIOblivion)

And seriously guys, lets get back to WoT topics. Continue your discusion about TES in the social group.

Quote:
wondering if i should gift u too, since i just gift Quox.....
KT what do you mean by that?

Anyway, I'll log for an hour in some minutes. I'm seriously in love with the King Tiger!
Old 2013-08-03, 22:22   Link #8849
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

u seem to have trouble gettin past tier 8???
Old 2013-08-03, 22:25   Link #8850
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The BDR is an overall better credit maker I think, but that tank gives you a whole lot less margins for error.
Perhaps, but like you said I've got more margin for error on my KV-1S. That, and when we do tank companies my clan specs either Cromwell, Hellcat or KV-1S.

I find a certain irony that despite being from America, the first world, Touma's personality/attention span... It's like I never left Telupid. full of know nothing know it alls.

I don't seem to be making as much EXP as my T-34; you get more exp based on how many shpts that you fire and hit, correct? I may need to use my 57mm for grinding Exp, and my 122mm derp for grinding cash.

Quote:
I've played morrowind, and cheated the whole time on it, then got bored. RPGs aren't fun anymore like FF 7, unless its an MMORPG like WoW, DAoC, GW2, etc.
The thing about Skyrim is that, unlike JRPGs, Skyrim is not sbout the hero. Skyrim's core question is not"Who are you?" Or "What are you supposed to do?" Skyrim askes "Where are you?"

Skyrim is all ablout freedom to do what you want. There's nothing like the satisfaction of smithing yourself an awesome bow, then abosuing the a.chemy-enchanting-smithing loop to give you awesome buffs, so much so that you can make a ridiculously OP bow that can one-shot boss dragons (well, when coupled with 3x general sneak attack plus 2x bow sneak attack bonuses stacking).

Or waltzing into a town, and being such a badass thief that I steal the clothes and weapons off the backs of the town guards. XD

JRPGs give you a weapon that may or may not be OP at the end of the game.

Skyrim lets ypu MAKE your OP weapon. And unlike other games, Bethesda makes their games extremely mod-friendly.

Even a fool appears wise, when he keeps his mouth shut. You are, of course, free to disregard that advice, since it comes from a religious text that originated in the East.

Quote:
never really understood what morrowind was about, my lil brother played skyrim on the xbox and finished it, he said it was a waste of time.
Heretic. You're obviously in league with the Thalmor Oppressors! And most of the time you can understand things if you stop, pay attention, and read the in-universe books.

But then you were the guy who advocated spamming gold rounds over aiming for weakspots, so yeah, I can see that lack of patience and all. Why aren't you playing Battlefield then? Run around and shoot someone, no need to think too much.

Also, this was typed out on my iPad. You're just lazy, Touma. Or rather, Momo.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 22:25   Link #8851
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The standard thing to do is to remove all your mods for WoT - then if the game keeps crashing, it's the game or your drivers. I would do a reinstall and then try the mods one by one.

Time consuming, though.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 22:31   Link #8852
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Have no mods on my install, though I note that vertical adjustment for aiming seems a little laggy. Is that just me, or has anyone else been experiencing the same issue? Turret traverse is more or less normal, but the finer adjustments aren't as smooth as I recall. Experienced this with my KV-1 and T-34.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-03, 22:35   Link #8853
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Dunno what could be the trouble, have you disabled some options like the dynamic camera?
Old 2013-08-03, 22:43   Link #8854
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

... Ah, that might be it. I found all the camera shaking when I took hits to be pretty distracting.

What I experience is that I'll align my sight horizontally, then when I do mouse adjustments, lag is the only way to describe it. The impact point reticle and even the certer reticle seem to lag when I'm moving themup or down.

Also, the next thing I need for my KV-1 needs to be a gun laying drive, I think.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-03, 22:57   Link #8855
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Speaking about tanks with little margin for error, the Leo PTA is pretty much this at higher tiers. While you can and do massive damage with its gun and its accuracy, this is incredibly dependent on your team not being stupid. Right now, I had to retrain my for camo and visual control, anything to keep me alive long enough to deal the damage I need to be doing.

And yes, Touma is lazy. Nothing new here, move along.
Old 2013-08-03, 23:09   Link #8856
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

actually goose, that quote came from the holy bible, where it said fool is considered wise when he/she keeps their mouth shut.
Old 2013-08-03, 23:25   Link #8857
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
actually goose, that quote came from the holy bible, where it said fool is considered wise when he/she keeps their mouth shut.
I'm actually surprised you recognised the origins of that, after the steps I took to obfuscate the origin, though everything I said is true; ironically, despite its rep as a "Western" religion, Christianity originated from the mideast. Technically it's an eastern religion. Given Jerusalem is east of the Grenwich meridian.

Also the specific text of what it says will depend on which specific translation you use. My translation used appears.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-03, 23:26   Link #8858
Gravitas Free Zone

Goose: Also, there's no way that maybe your mouse sensitivity in the vertical axis got adjusted somehow?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 00:23   Link #8859
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

true the translation will differ, since the bible was originally in hebrew and greek. but in the end it will all mean the same thing, unless it was translated incorrectly.

anyways let me know if the leo 1 is worth gettin, i'm looking for a another tier X to add to my harem.

also Q, someone else got the E100 in our clan, can you guess who? XD (besides wil)
Old 2013-08-04, 01:27   Link #8860
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Goose: Also, there's no way that maybe your mouse sensitivity in the vertical axis got adjusted somehow?
Hmmm. I don't think so, since the only thing I did was turn off dynamic camera in 8.5. Still, I'll give it another look-see.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks