AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-11, 22:58   Link #1001
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
how so? dont tell me you expected decapitated AA clones?
AA clones? They are Steel Angels!!

Quote:
something like that would definatly had freaked the viewers (eg "wtf since when did this show became elfen lied!" O.o)
If you seriously think that would freak out the viewers, you really need to watch Kannazuki no Miko.
Old 2007-03-13, 14:19   Link #1002
Aurelia aurita
???

Whew...yet another ominous looking long preview...
Spoiler for Episode 11 preview - Angel Gallery:
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 22:34   Link #1003
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
how so? dont tell me you expected decapitated AA clones? something like that would definatly had freaked the viewers (eg "wtf since when did this show became elfen lied!" O.o)
from my perspetive ep 10 was done fine...keeping in with the mood of the series ~ nothing too extravagant but satisfying visually
The whole thing looks like paper cut dolls fighting each other.. which can be awesome frankly, but not this time

The animation or maybe lack off.. is very awkward
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 01:34   Link #1004
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ true the animaters were lazy on this one but its not unwatchable ~ just image some imaginary blood streaming across the sky
but i can tell that there is gonna be an epx battle next ep (time to blow the budget lol) :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 23:03   Link #1005
Aurelia aurita
???

I saw Li Jianling post this link on Wikipedia - http://pc.webnt.jp/anime/detail0018090307.html
MAJOR spoilers for the last two episodes- click at your own risk (In Japanese though).

In other news...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 09:19   Link #1006
peachiemint
Dreaming of You...

Send a message via AIM to peachiemint
Quote:
how so? dont tell me you expected decapitated AA clones? something like that would definatly had freaked the viewers (eg "wtf since when did this show became elfen lied!" O.o)
from my perspetive ep 10 was done fine...keeping in with the mood of the series ~ nothing too extravagant but satisfying visually
hehe i agree. personally, i followed the series for its sizzling plot and cliffhangers, not so much into the action and blood shed

can't wait for the last 2 episodes. overall, the series kept me teary and entertained
peachiemint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:00   Link #1007
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, the animation indeed was rather ...lacking. Lazy would be the best way to describe it. The fight scenes lacked any sense of rush/urgency and suspense. Either the animators wanted a day off and packed up early, or they are saving budget for the BIG fight that is to come
Old 2007-03-15, 20:52   Link #1008
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Man, Kazuya proofs even more that he's the best character ever in episode 10. Seriously, i'm not joking! He's insane look on life builds up his amazing meter even more --- as for his quotes, genius! It was good to see more of Jin in episode 10 --- though i wouldn't of mind hearing one of his classic DEATH SCREAM'S. If you've see KnM, then you know what i'm on about. Also, we got some great more BGM's from Mina Kubota in this episode --- more actually battle stlye themes. Some of the ones done for KnM are outstanding.

Apart from all that, Sojiro is GAR!
Old 2007-03-16, 01:07   Link #1009
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 10.

Ok, that was really poorly executed. Lazy animation has already been mentioned, but the whole thing seemed disjointed and lacked atmosphere, and while the thing to this date hasn't been terribly original, it has at least not been either of those two other things up until this ep. Disappointing episode. Here's hoping it hasn't turned a corner and gone in the wrong direction in its final episodes.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Setsuna's lack of action until the final few moments of this episode still didn't make sense to me. There are so many things she could have done to evade Kazuya and her inaction (and then poor decision making when she finally did act) just seemed OOC to me.

Edit again: Oh yeah, and AA clones are stupid. That's a pointless conflict to stall the story for an episode if I've ever seen one.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 03:34   Link #1010
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Aye, lack of atmosphere was sticking out like a sore thumb. Certainly didn't feel like they were going trough life threatening experiences. And it still remained just as bland when the morality squad started to drop like flies. They did an extremely poor job at conveying the character emotions to us. (which was very nicely done up until now). I dare to hope they were simply saving up budget for the last ep
Old 2007-03-16, 14:31   Link #1011
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 11 was excellent, in my opinion. Extremely satisfactory and emotional.

But the fact is that I disagree almost completely with Skyfall and Sorrow-K about episode 10, so others may differ. This show has a style of its own, a very fantasy-like style, a formalistic style, and to say it lacks "atmosphere" is completely opposite to my feelings about it. It has more atmosphere than almost any other show I can name. It's just that it isn't some normal atmosphere, something we should expect from a simple, realistic adventure story. It is an artistic, fantastic atmosphere that shows things like the army of Steel Angels in a sort of symbolic way, so that we appreciate them as a form and a feeling, rather than as real combatants. The point of the "fights" is not realistic fighting, but the images of the army of Steel Angels, or of the "good guys" mowing down a group of them in some elegant way, with that wonderful music going in the background. The Steel Angels were not a "pointless way to stall the action," but a wtf indulgence of the director, I'd say, and I enjoy them. The fighting in ep11 is, if anything, even less realistic than in 10, but was just great, for me.

And I don't know if we should talk about "lazy" animation. Perhaps "inexpensive" animation, which is something different. That doesn't bother me in the least, if it makes aesthetic sense, as it does for me in this case. I'm no expert in the techniques of animation, but to me the show seems to make great effects without appearing to spend a lot of money.

To say this show "hasn't been terribly original" seems 180 degrees from the truth, to me. I've never seen anything like it, specifically in its unusual formalism and unique atmosphere. Perhaps there are story elements that one has seen before, but the style and the way things are put together seems unique to me, and that is what is most important about this show, I think. The odd combination of detachment and emotional intensity in Kuu's voice seems to carry through the whole show: we are both detached from events, and made to feel the characters' emotions.

Oh, well. I do tend to get overenthusiastic about shows I like. I'll try not to go overboard. I see what Skyfall and Sorrow-K mean, but I just look at the show from different angles and don't care about the "faults" they point out.

I can agree that emotions were not portrayed that intensely in 10. But I think maybe that had to do with the anesthetized state of the AAs, as much as anything, as well as being part of the show's style. I myself couldn't say the same about 11, which has some very touching moments. Matsuoka Yuki (Setsuna) and Yahagi Sayuri (Kuu) are just amazing, in my opinion. Particularly the way Ohagi (Yahagi-san's nickname) says the very last syllable of the episode. Wow.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-16 at 16:32.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:08   Link #1012
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I have very little complains about the show in general - it is surprisingly good, and up to ep10 has delivered more than i expected and then some. It is just that the action scenes in 10 lacked action sense in general.

You can make a slideshow of stills that could produce a greater sense of action that the scenes of ep 10 did. I have no qualms about the army of Steel Angels or anything - just the way the fighting was portrayed. It wasn't exciting at all. When you devote a big part of the ep to fighting, at least try to make it look good, because it felt like watching a bunch of sleep deprived actors doing an action scene >.<
Old 2007-03-16, 22:03   Link #1013
Aurelia aurita
???

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Preview:
Spoiler for Kuu/The Sky of Eternity:
Old 2007-03-16, 22:57   Link #1014
Key Board
Carbon

yep, this is definitely Kannazuki no Miko all over again
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 04:00   Link #1015
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ but you know what will happen in the end then *few years later*

ep 11 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 05:15   Link #1016
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Spoiler for ep10:
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 07:36   Link #1017
inaho

do you think Kuu will die, I mean she has to save the world right, so she'll probably end up using all her life force trying to prevent another destruction like the one that happened years ago.

I mean the ending maybe a sad goodbye for Kyoshiro but who knows, it could be a possible ending though but Kuu is a major character so there's also a big possibility that she'll survive and the other AA's at the same time^_^

Waaaah! one episode left and this show is a goner!

Last edited by inaho; 2007-03-17 at 22:47.
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 17:36   Link #1018
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I have no idea whether this will be a happy end or not The fairly fairy-tailish setting and all might make us think that everything will end just as nicely as it started, but on the other hand this shows has had so much angst that i wouldn't be surprised at a tragic or bittersweet end (most probably the later).
Old 2007-03-17, 21:05   Link #1019
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 01:53   Link #1020
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "everyone dies at the end" ending.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen