AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-05-21, 22:30   Link #101
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I certainly hope something happens worthwhile...This arc might be the most trying segment of One Piece I've ever watched...I'm just trying to get through it, but it's tuff when each week is barely 10 minutes of new material...It was kinda cute at first with the comedy, but the villains suck and my interest is waining...Afroskull is the only character that's kinda saving it for me right now...
Old 2008-05-22, 07:29   Link #102
Fyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I certainly hope something happens worthwhile...This arc might be the most trying segment of One Piece I've ever watched...I'm just trying to get through it, but it's tuff when each week is barely 10 minutes of new material...It was kinda cute at first with the comedy, but the villains suck and my interest is waining...Afroskull is the only character that's kinda saving it for me right now...
Then you should be reliefed that bad part is past now, now counter attack will begin and I am quite sure that after 10 episodes this arc will be your favorite one. I didn't like Thriller Bark to this point at manga either but I assure you to keep watching because now the action and revelations begin.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 09:03   Link #103
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Just wait, the real action is only 2 eposides away...

btw, anyone knows that song in the background while brooks getting impaled by ryuuma...Its first time I heard it, Its great as all other OP background music
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 19:25   Link #104
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ROFL Super Sayian Sanji in 355 is just awesome, been waiting for that for ages!
Old 2008-06-02, 06:49   Link #105
Fyria

Episode 355 subs finally out, well it was dissapointment because it was only 1 Chapter/Episode so it felt little dragged, end was cool and next Ep should be look forward for we will finally see Usopp fighting 1vs1 against boss since Arlong Park arc.

356 should be sweet, specially for Usopp fans
Old 2008-06-02, 18:25   Link #106
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Sorry I can't help but rant once again about how bad all the VA's for the villains are!

Listening to Moria, Perona and Hogback is comparible to fingernails to a chalkboard.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 05:37   Link #107
gnc742

Hey guys.....

How many chapters does it take to make one episode?

just the things shown in the manga?

Last edited by gnc742; 2008-06-05 at 08:37.
gnc742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 07:12   Link #108
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnc742 View Post
Hey guys.....

How many chapters does it take to make on episode?

just the things shown in the manga?
They mostly do one chapter per episode these days. In the early episodes, it was mostly two or three chapters per episode, but being so close to the manga, they can't do that anymore. At least they can't do it very often.
Old 2008-06-05, 09:37   Link #109
LuoMi

I cant believe i laughed at the preview for 357 when watching episode 356...

Odz says something like this : Hey, this is fun, lets turn the ship right! hey wait.. where is right? Heck! turn it to the direction of the land of meat!

Or maybe it is just the VA..

LOL
LuoMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 16:32   Link #110
ellifeedn
Thinker

One of the few times that he's actually useful, GO VAN HELSING u...uhhh...I mean.... USOPP!!

I was creeped out by the "wedding". *shudders*
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 16:35   Link #111
Fyria

Damn this would be good if they wouldnt drag so much .

I guess they still use 1 chapter /episode formula, its kinda shame because it makes anime too strecthed and don't honor manga that much.

Rest Thriller Barks should be done with 2-2.5 chapter/episode speed,it would make anime awesome but would require some filler arcs.
Old 2008-06-09, 05:37   Link #112
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Damn this would be good if they wouldnt drag so much .

I guess they still use 1 chapter /episode formula, its kinda shame because it makes anime too strecthed and don't honor manga that much.

Rest Thriller Barks should be done with 2-2.5 chapter/episode speed,it would make anime awesome but would require some filler arcs.
But were dangerously close to manga, so its better like this.We will get another filler no matter what at the end of this arc anyway...as long as its not getting too yawnful like naruto shippuden, Im ok with this speed rate
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 06:24   Link #113
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
We will get another filler no matter what at the end of this arc anyway...
Hopefully, they'll do something logical and animate a certain cover-story that provides some background-info for the next arc, and expand a bit on those scenes that they pretty much just went "By the way, this happened" with in the manga. That way, it wouldn't be quite as obvious that it's filler, unlike those post Enies Lobby-fillers. (The missing Yagara-thing, Zoro as a babysitter and Sanji's EPIC QUEST FOR SALT, that is.)
Old 2008-06-09, 07:22   Link #114
itis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
But were dangerously close to manga, so its better like this.We will get another filler no matter what at the end of this arc anyway...as long as its not getting too yawnful like naruto shippuden, Im ok with this speed rate
we are atleast 10-12 episodes behind the manga. Longer, if they decide to milk some of the scenes by adding flashbacks (for example Laboon's story).
itis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:03   Link #115
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Hopefully, they'll do something logical and animate a certain cover-story that provides some background-info for the next arc, and expand a bit on those scenes that they pretty much just went "By the way, this happened" with in the manga. That way, it wouldn't be quite as obvious that it's filler, unlike those post Enies Lobby-fillers. (The missing Yagara-thing, Zoro as a babysitter and Sanji's EPIC QUEST FOR SALT, that is.)
They should animate some of the manga cover stories. Unfortunately, most of those are a bit old to properly fit in right now but they could do those anyway if they wanted to. One cover story in particular would be good as a prequel to the next arc.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 17:51   Link #116
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for 357:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 08:48   Link #117
unameit

My favorite characters are chopper and brooke.. They are so kawaii... People who read manga won't feel much about it because no voice however in anime, it's so cool and funny...
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 16:12   Link #118
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itis View Post
we are atleast 10-12 episodes behind the manga. Longer, if they decide to milk some of the scenes by adding flashbacks (for example Laboon's story).
which isn't much, usually Manga needs to be at least one major arc ahead of the anime, or 60-75 chapters ahead, right now the manga is only about 40 chapters or so. It's decent amount but not ideal, because whatever seperation gained through second half of EL arc has been used up again. Keep current pace is fine because if they try to pick up the pace now we're garunteed to have a 10-15 episode major filler at our hand instead of a 5-6 episodes mini filler. I have enough of stupid fillers episdoes that lasts more than 6 month (Naruto, Bleach) while OP fillers have generally been much better, I still rather have less of them than more.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 23:04   Link #119
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

one thing that stuck out most in 357 was at the very end with Brook saying how cool Zoro is:P it just kinda stuck in my mind the most.
Old 2008-06-15, 06:10   Link #120
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Keep current pace is fine because if they try to pick up the pace now we're garunteed to have a 10-15 episode major filler at our hand instead of a 5-6 episodes mini filler. I have enough of stupid fillers episdoes that lasts more than 6 month (Naruto, Bleach) while OP fillers have generally been much better, I still rather have less of them than more.
There are at least two points in this arc where they just HAVE to speed things up a bit. Without mentioning anything about what happens, chapter 467 and 485 couldn't possibly work as full episodes. There's just not enough that happens in them.
As for what they should do after TB ends, they've got at least one cover-story that they really should animate, as it would provide a better setup for the next arc. Add a few fillers to that (Or expand the events already shown in the manga, just ONE page in chapter 490 could propably be extended to a full episode, due to all the stuff that they pretty much just go "BTW, this happened on the way" about. There's actually a lot of stuff that can be expanded on in that one chapter) and they should be able to cover maybe ten episodes. For the most part, I'd say we're not in any real danger of catching up to the manga yet.