AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-09, 17:18   Link #201
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I'm pretty sure the development team spent 9 months sniffing coke, doing hookers and partying realized in the last 3 months they actually have to make a game copy pasted MW2 then just added a new story and remade Crash a couple of times.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 17:38   Link #202
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Blockbuster SP indeed.
Old 2011-11-09, 17:45   Link #203
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I'm honestly surprised there is still interest in the franchise, no offence to consumers, but do you seriously know what you're buying?
They're buying a product that can give them countless days of play time.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 22:01   Link #204
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

By play time meaning Multiplayer time. I seriously doubt they have much to offer in single player campaign.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 22:47   Link #205
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
By play time meaning Multiplayer time. I seriously doubt they have much to offer in single player campaign.
less than 20% of people i play with have a single singleplayer trophy, not even some lvl 50 prestige 15.
Old 2011-11-10, 01:29   Link #206
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
less than 20% of people i play with have a single singleplayer trophy, not even some lvl 50 prestige 15.
This is sad, just how quickly lesser attention is given to single player under Activision. Just two years ago Modern Warfare was hot shit.

And that is why Activision isn't getting my money any time soon. I used to have fun with Shooters and Call of Duty, even considering to buy original Modern Warfare. This is a shame that once a legitimate franchise turned into almost a fragfest and continued to be milked to death by Activision. A newbie like me wouldn't have fun in multiplayer either.

Another thing that grinds me about the story in COD, in games over the top and explosive action is fine but I thought COD series were supposed to be quite realistic. Now when I watch a new COD trailer, it almost reminds me of 007 game not war.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 02:00   Link #207
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Remember, no russian
And yes, I also smiled

COD is all about online anyway. At least it's fun and not so frustrating as Trackn'Field 3
That makes me smile even more Not trying to provoke holywar or something, but in terms of fun and gameplay - BF3 is much better then Money Wasting for the 3rd time
Old 2011-11-10, 05:03   Link #208
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
They're buying a product that can give them countless days of play time.
It's not so much the gameplay I dislike, though it is frustratingly linear and 70% of the time multiplayer lacks any strategy or teamwork... But anyway, this guy sums it up perfectly.

"This is getting absolutely ridiculous. And what's sad is that there will be tons of people lined up outside stores at midnight to buy the same exact game all over again. Sometimes I'm just awestruck at how gullible people are.

And the same applies to EA and their recent BF4 announcement. EA and Activision are pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned. They don't care about games. They only care about making money off of gamers who the lack the sense to see that they are buying the same crap over and over again."
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 05:08   Link #209
Kallen4life

I think 'haters gonna hate' fits CoD more then anything else
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 05:15   Link #210
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I wouldn't mind a bunch of iterations IF they didn't come out as often and for less. The fact that you'd be buying one or sometimes two full priced CoD games every year for what's barely changed is pretty ridiculous. They're fun little titles to play through, but it's too much, too often.
Old 2011-11-10, 06:38   Link #211
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I wouldn't mind a bunch of iterations IF they didn't come out as often and for less. The fact that you'd be buying one or sometimes two full priced CoD games every year for what's barely changed is pretty ridiculous. They're fun little titles to play through, but it's too much, too often.
You'd think that they would give something back to their fans considering the amount of money they've made. Instead of lowering the prices or giving away free content, they've created a system where people give away yet more money in return for some new scoreboard features or something.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 09:29   Link #212
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
You'd think that they would give something back to their fans considering the amount of money they've made. Instead of lowering the prices or giving away free content, they've created a system where people give away yet more money in return for some new scoreboard features or something.
That's Activision's business model for you; milk every single drop of it. Funny that people has been complaining certain aspect of MW2 for 2 years and all they did was to slap the IW Remnants and SledgeHammer together to rush MW3.....
Old 2011-11-10, 09:40   Link #213
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Whenever, as I long I can shoot people in the face and they're playing, I'm good with their greed... It's a MP Multiplayer like any other, you need to get good either way to win or be the best.

Most people are not so fond to MW arcade style, but this is a game and it's meant to be played like that. If not, pick another one.

Last edited by Tong; 2011-11-10 at 10:06.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 09:54   Link #214
Kallen4life

pretty much

I wouldn't mind new CoD once per 2 years, but this has been the best MP fps for me since CoD4 and Activison gets slack because of that

changes per game certainly aren't cosmetic, it just looks similar to an outsider, because ~same HUD, same engine (wouldn't mind a change, but this one gives constant 60 fps on ancient rigs and graphics are acceptable to me) and they stick to the initial CoD4 formula in gameplay, just varying it (which is also what many want, since the initial one is so good for an arcade shooter)

also, plenty of people still play previous games .. you can own only CoD4 and find more then enough people online nowadays, same with MW2 and BO .. not sure about WaW .. noone said those are over when MW3 comes out .. some people don't like a new one, they go back to the old one
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-11-10, 10:24   Link #215
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Whenever, as I long I can shoot people in the face and they're playing, I'm good with their greed... It's a MP Multiplayer like any other, you need to get good either way to win or be the best.

Most people are not so fond to MW arcade style, but this is a game and it's meant to be played like that. If not, pick another one.
It's not just that some people are not fond of the arcade style (and I say some because the 9 million sales clearly shows we are a minority) it's also that we are baffled that players keep buying the latest CoD even though they could just... keep playing the last one and notice little difference. If it was cheaper, or just simply labeled an expansion pack I'd understand. But full price? For what's essentially an expansion pack in terms of what it changes and adds?

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-11-10 at 11:54.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 10:48   Link #216
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 12:30   Link #217
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
you must be joking mate

pretty sure this is the highest first-day sales in the history of the industry

Skyrim is great, but sales-wise it's far from this tier

doubtful even it's lifetime sales will be this high

this is simply a matter of genre + insane CoD hype (& previous games)
but the thing is skyrim will be selling games long after it comes out, while CoD's will be rarely going off the shelfs, the majority of people that want to play the game have already gotten it and a good amount have already sold it (there was atleast 12 used at my gamestop)

not to mention skyrim is supose to have 6 DLC's and not map pack's

Not like it matters tho, Game sales doesn't count for GOTY.... which i ask, has a FPS ever won GOTY?
Old 2011-11-10, 12:40   Link #218
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That depends entirely on what source you are using for your list of games of the year, but according to the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences? Goldeneye, Halo, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty, Half Life 2 and Call of Duty 4.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 12:49   Link #219
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh XD how Could i forget Half life 2. of course that was gonna make it. but I don't think BF3 or MW3 will make it this year. Batman AC, Skryim, AC:R or Uncharged 3 seem to be the likely canidates.
Old 2011-11-10, 13:16   Link #220
Kallen4life

couldn't care less what they decide, for me it's either Portal 2 or Batman AC

btw, those who play MP in MW3 - is PP90M1 (with rapidfire especially) an absolute monster up close/mid, more so then anything else ? Or is it just me ?
We are Blackwatch