AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 00:26   Link #461
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I thought the pacing was pretty good throughout but I definitely felt a sense of detachment between the transition from Azusa's story into Tsukiko's arc. Two separate stories which didn't seem to be seamlessly put together. Each of them were enjoyable on their own however, and we do get to see both the heroines' pasts.

Azusa's really innocent and takes words at face value most of the time, so I'm not surprised she felt like she was being lied to by the two girls (Morii and Moriya), whom she considered friends. I guess they never really explained themselves, which led to Azusa's current personality.

Provided laughs as usual, with Yokodera being his usual self. He's dense because he's never really associated with girls I feel, but at the very least he's not opposed to being straightforward and decisive where it matters. Looks like Azusa's developed a crush on him, and Tsukiko's jealousy is revealed to be because she already fell for Yokodera as well (back in middle school, no less. Azusa's mother gave off an airheaded, fluffy feeling, really showing contrast between the personalities of mother and daughter.

Looks like Tsukiko's arc will also have some involvement between Kotetsu no Ou as well, given the foreshadowing of their supposed conflict towards the end. Still my show of the season, alongside Hataraku Maou-sama!.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 03:20   Link #462
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So the story of Henneko will share the same format with Ika Musume (the two stories per episode thingy).

In one part, we discover the reason why Azuki became distrustful with others. Well, asking her to go to Hokkaido while the rest travel to summertime Okinawa goes well beyond bullying (I mean, there's a lot of money and distance involved this time!) and I can understand why Youto was pissed at the two girls-in-tan. Fortunately, Youto was able to talk into allowing Azuki to give her facade back. Hopefully, this would allow Azuki to be more vocal in what she feels.

In the second part, it is revealed that Tsukiko and Youto had a past friendship, which for some reason appears forgotten by Youto. It's really unfortunate, losing the memories of having tickled a cute stranger's belly button. KUYASHII~ Anyway, it looks like Tsukiko is trying to help Youto remember this not-so-distant memory, but it's not working.

Speculation: What if Youto actually sacrificed these memories so that he would get his perverse personality? What's interesting in the story of Henneko is that anything, material or not, can be sacrificed for something else, so there's a possibility that there may be something else that Youto gave away aside from the facade he recently recovered...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:05   Link #463
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Yokodera guessed Azusa's character right. She's a very gloomy person who tends to think negatively. As expected her worries aren't really as serious as it appears, though I can get it was very troubling for her. Sounds very much like your usual teen emo phase problems, really

Azusa was very trusting, to a fault. While the two girls lying to her wasn't nice, she shouldn't have gone ahead by herself. Since it's supposedly a school trip, I would guess that the school have prepared everything for the trip, but she went earlier because of her excitement. The two girls who planned to reveal that at the airport didn't expect her to do that.

I have been on a receiving end of something like this and it wasn't nice, but I also get that it's sort of my fault. Looking and double checking information are one of the 'new' things I learned to do at college. No more convenient announcements

Shame Azusa's no longer wearing that choker, but otoh her dere level went through the roof so I guess it's a fine trade off
And uh, after a God of Pillows, Ogura is now a God of Bellybuttons as well? I really wonder what's next
Also, Koutetsu no Ou had a job change to Koutetsu no Onee-chan
Old 2013-04-28, 06:21   Link #464
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I deemed that explanation to be BS, when she was tricked to go to one place (Hokkaido). If that's not bullying, then I don't know what is. If anyone ever does something like that to me, I'd be so pissed -- I'd exact some kind of vengeance! RAWR!
Didn't they tell her they were going to Hokkaido because they knew she liked stuff there and they just wanted her to come?
No one could expect her to travel there on her own though.

Both parties are at fault there. Azuki for instantly believing anything she's told, and her two friends for pulling an (innocent) prank like that, despite knowing (or did they?) how trusting their friend is.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 06:44   Link #465
Seitsuki
Onee!

'Friend'? Most ironic use of the word I've seen in a while.

Instantly reminded me of those 'punk friends' who 'ask' for money from their victim friend.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:49   Link #466
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the pacing is horrible....

in episode 3, I can get full grasp about how Azusa reconciled with "hentai ouji"
but after the half, it took more time for me to realize that they're using two timelines...
the first one (when Tsukiko using mask) is last year before the encounter...

we can find how much Yokodera influence Tsukiko's life (and maybe the basic of her affection toward him) and how Tsukiko lost all her emotion made her become depressed

now I wish more Azusa-Yokodera's scene in upcoming episode
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 07:37   Link #467
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That was... Resolved rather cleanly.... And efficiently.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 08:00   Link #468
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

yoto still trying get to talk to azusa but not open the door even tsukiko tried but no door open so yoto meet tan girls about what they said to azusa.

give reveal azusa was victim of being bullied cause to skip school a lot & plus they made a lie about a field trip which in cost that azusa have trust issues with people.

so yoto finally hear it all decide bust the door get azusa to outside meet stony cat had some talk & make-up cue azusa make a wish yoto got his facade back with azusa now starting to trusting people again with yoto.

tsukiko give recall past memory wearing mask meet yoto before the wishing give masking wearing is all for kindergarden kids she want have fun & be a teacher to them.

so forward to now give tsukiko see yoto & azusa all patch-up then show yoto her pic designs of cat story give another flashback masked-cat give yoto can't recall yet wonder what is tsukiko prob with steel queen?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 08:25   Link #469
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
'Friend'? Most ironic use of the word I've seen in a while.

Instantly reminded me of those 'punk friends' who 'ask' for money from their victim friend.
I use that word loosely when it comes to school settings (especially in anime), where few people/characters make a clear distinction between acquaintance, classmate and/or friend.

So it's easier to just say everyone is someone's friend
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 08:54   Link #470
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Why are they "always" making more than a first meeting...
Yes obviously they already met together before and the ML doesn't remember at all... generic formula...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 09:19   Link #471
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Way too abrupt for my taste.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 10:43   Link #472
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe too efficient.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:17   Link #473
Tranhieu

The episode was a bit rushed indeed, however it doesn't feel as if there was anything left unsolved. Maybe that's because I already knew the material beforehand but overall I'm satisfied with how J.C Staff animates this arc. The only thing I felt baffled was Tsukiko and Yokodera's meeting in the past, is that part original coz I don't really recall seeing it in the manga?
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:36   Link #474
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't expect Azusa's arc to be solved in only half an episode. It was actually executed pretty well (though kidnapping her girl in her pajamas is a bit... err ) but it was a bit too fast for my liking. Then again, I'm not sure what they could have added. The necessary elements for a satisfying conclusion were all present. I'm disappointed Yokodera got his facade back so soon. It was refreshing to have a main character who always spoke his mind and it become part of his appeal. He's still the same pervert inside but I'm afraid it won't be as apparent from now on. It's also kind of shame Azusa won't be wearing the belt around her neck anymore. It looked cute.

Tsukiko's story was also good. I never suspected she was already acquainted with Yokodera before all this, but this actually explains why she trusted him. I'm curious to find out more about her backstory, more precisely what cause the rift between her and her sister.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:44   Link #475
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 12:15   Link #476
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
You mean you didn't have one before? I'm disappointed in you, tron.

And that butt is indeed cute.
Old 2013-04-28, 12:24   Link #477
desrtsku
Nympholept

Why does it feel to me like most girls this season have striped panties?
Old 2013-04-28, 12:37   Link #478
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Oh wow didn't see them doing that with the episode... I know I wouldn't have minded some more scenes with Azusa's mother... Oh well, deredere Azusa was nice to see. As for the tickling scene, not going to lie somewhat jealous there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
That glorious zzzzzzzettai butt I tell ya, the recent anime this year is making me develop a butt fetish
You're just developing that now...? Are you really HentaiTron?
Old 2013-04-28, 12:45   Link #479
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You mean you didn't have one before? I'm disappointed in you, tron.

And that butt is indeed cute.
I couldn't help it, it's Vivid Red Operation's fault I swore loyalty to the legs, but in recent weeks I've been dying by the "miniskirt zzzzzzzettai legs" and look at the above pic, all this time that cute butt was inbetween the miniskirt and the zettai ryouiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
You're just developing that now...? Are you really HentaiTron?

You remember our waifu war, patchouli's butt? I still can't get that out of my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Why does it feel to me like most girls this season have striped panties?
I feel the same way I'm not complaining though, in fact it's becoming a habit to start looking out for more pantyshots
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:51   Link #480
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm kinda curious where this will go now, seeing as how Azusa and Youta's primary concerns have been resolved. It's still a matter of Tsukiko getting her emotions back, so I presume the story will focus mostly on her now, but I hoped he would retain his dead honesty for the whole show, as it makes him more interesting than when he holds back for the sake of not offending someone.

So Tsukiko wants to be a kindergarten teacher, eh? I can see why lacking emotions would be hard on her. I wonder why Tsukushi hates her sister so much. I don't think it's related to Tsukiko's lack of expressions, so it's probably something that has been undermining their relationship for a long time. We'll probably learn more about that next week.

Poor Azusa, though. She thought the guy had a crush on her, but got rejected and friendzoned straight away. I wouldn't be surprised if he has already fallen for Tsukiko, but has yet to realize it.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere