AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 17:32   Link #2501
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Sayaka had often been poked fun and refer to as gorilla, and in K6 song "Uhho-Uhhoho", the only stage song where she was featured as the center she played to her gorilla theme and often carries a banana with her.
Gorilla ... bad xD for her
Old 2012-08-03, 17:39   Link #2502
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Gorilla ... bad xD for her
I guess, but she did get a lot of popularity out of it. Considering that she really don't have that idol-look nor feel to her, and age isn't on her side as well, the gorilla-chara sort of extended her idol career and also allows her to be used in variety shows. Without that, she might not even be able to crack into that 2nd-tier members group in AKB, as sad as it sounds...

Though, "Uhho-Uhhoho" is a pretty great song.

BTW:

Found the full Live MV, about 5:30 long, quality isn't super great, but it'll do. I did pre-order Type A through HMV but it was in the same order as my 1830m pre-order so I'll still got a few week to wait...

Personally I wish the anime version was given as much care as this one.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:49   Link #2503
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
I guess, but she did get a lot of popularity out of it. Considering that she really don't have that idol-look nor feel to her, and age isn't on her side as well, the gorilla-chara sort of extended her idol career and also allows her to be used in variety shows. Without that, she might not even be able to crack into that 2nd-tier members group in AKB, as sad as it sounds...
ho ok
Old 2012-08-03, 20:05   Link #2504
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Even the place they come from has subtle reference, real life Yukirin is from Kagoshima, the southern most prefecture in Japan with subtropical climate. Sayaka had often been poked fun and refer to as gorilla, and in K6 song "Uhho-Uhhoho", the only stage song where she was featured as the center she played to her gorilla theme and often carries a banana with her.
Ah, so that's why in the anime she is portrayed as someone who hates pheromones...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 20:53   Link #2505
Undertaker

Yeah, she got more of a diva (no pun intended) look than your traditional idol. She is also extremely athletic with a fit body (she, Yuo along with a few other members even went through Korean Special Force boot camp as part of a variety special). That's is how she got the gorilla nickname. (That and from a certain angle and expression her face does look a bit monkey-ish.)

But she can be very girl like. She mentioned openly that she rather been called cute than beautiful or cool, for a while she spend over 20,000 yen (about $250) every month on fashion magazines. (She was consider among core members who are not fashionable along with Takamina, Yukirin, Sae, and Yokoyama Yui)

Incidentally, also due to their kind personality, she, Sae and Takamina are the three girls in the group that often being treated as boys with plenty of members (AKB or sister groups) openly mentioned that if they were men, they'd be ideal boyfriend/husbands. (Which adds the yuri points for the group...)
Old 2012-08-03, 21:33   Link #2506
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Yeah, she got more of a diva (no pun intended) look than your traditional idol. She is also extremely athletic with a fit body (she, Yuo along with a few other members even went through Korean Special Force boot camp as part of a variety special). That's is how she got the gorilla nickname. (That and from a certain angle and expression her face does look a bit monkey-ish.)

But she can be very girl like. She mentioned openly that she rather been called cute than beautiful or cool, for a while she spend over 20,000 yen (about $250) every month on fashion magazines. (She was consider among core members who are not fashionable along with Takamina, Yukirin, Sae, and Yokoyama Yui)

Incidentally, also due to their kind personality, she, Sae and Takamina are the three girls in the group that often being treated as boys with plenty of members (AKB or sister groups) openly mentioned that if they were men, they'd be ideal boyfriend/husbands. (Which adds the yuri points for the group...)
It impresses me I would be like her
Old 2012-08-04, 09:48   Link #2507
sa547
*Author

Okay... some new content on the site:
* Three books (I think they're more like "mooks") and what looked to be Guardian Angel posters.
* Some updates on the character list.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:42   Link #2508
Kazu-kun

I think these are going to be released at Comiket 82.
http://akb0048.jp/news/

Chieri and Mayuyu. Why it doesn't surprise me? EDIT: actually it seems they're covering Chieri and Mayuyu MK3 because they were the winners on the handshake poll.

btw Chieri looks beautiful on that cover!! I hope we'll get scans of at least this one. It's 30 pages of Chieri goodness.

EDIT2:

samples:
http://www.satelight.co.jp/news/cate...ost_002255.php

Now I'm drooling all over my keyboard. XDD Chieri~~~~

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-08-04 at 11:13.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 11:10   Link #2509
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Looks like Kuroki Ayako and Igarashi Akira to me. Though the Ayako is arguable, I suppose. Shame the booklet doesn't include readings for the names. Hopefully someone scans the rest of the booklet, and the one for volume 1, too.
I will soon scan the first one. Will also do the others as I get them (but they will only get here around one month after they're released on japan).
Old 2012-08-04, 13:26   Link #2510
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for newtype:
Old 2012-08-04, 15:54   Link #2511
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think these are going to be released at Comiket 82.
http://akb0048.jp/news/

Chieri and Mayuyu. Why it doesn't surprise me? EDIT: actually it seems they're covering Chieri and Mayuyu MK3 because they were the winners on the handshake poll.

btw Chieri looks beautiful on that cover!! I hope we'll get scans of at least this one. It's 30 pages of Chieri goodness.

EDIT2:

samples:
http://www.satelight.co.jp/news/cate...ost_002255.php

Now I'm drooling all over my keyboard. XDD Chieri~~~~
the images of his beautiful Chieri
Old 2012-08-05, 22:47   Link #2512
sa547
*Author

With the recent announcement of an upcoming dating simulator, it makes me wonder if -- for this show -- there's also a similar game in the works.

No surprises if most will want to date Chieri.
Old 2012-08-05, 22:59   Link #2513
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post

With the recent announcement of an upcoming dating simulator, it makes me wonder if -- for this show -- there's also a similar game in the works.

But what if you ARE Chieri?

Now that I think about about it, though, the fact the WOTAs get a piece of the action makes a decent setting for a galge like story. Hell, just copypaste the stuff with Mamoru and Yuka, add some extra scenes for development, and you're set.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 00:09   Link #2514
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post

What is it? a kind of game and a picture book? me it looks good I would have
Old 2012-08-06, 14:18   Link #2515
Undertaker

It's Limited Edition of the game. It's was a similar bundle to the past two AKB games. For the last game, AKB 1/48+10 Idol to Guam de Koi Shitara, it featured:

10 photos, 48-posters, UMD video of unused footage (117mins), 4-behind the scene DVD set, a 90mins Team 4 special DVD to promote Team 4, voucher for 48 custom PSP themes, and finally a BD disc with the endings from the first AKB 1/48 game.

It costs about $160 (after conversion), but was a monster box. You can probably still find that for about $100-150 online or ebay.

That being said it was fairly usual for high profile game in Japan to have limited edition boxes. The differences is that compare to U.S., Japan's LE Box are usually MUCH more amazing.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:58   Link #2516
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
It's Limited Edition of the game. It's was a similar bundle to the past two AKB games. For the last game, AKB 1/48+10 Idol to Guam de Koi Shitara, it featured:

10 photos, 48-posters, UMD video of unused footage (117mins), 4-behind the scene DVD set, a 90mins Team 4 special DVD to promote Team 4, voucher for 48 custom PSP themes, and finally a BD disc with the endings from the first AKB 1/48 game.

It costs about $160 (after conversion), but was a monster box. You can probably still find that for about $100-150 online or ebay.

That being said it was fairly usual for high profile game in Japan to have limited edition boxes. The differences is that compare to U.S., Japan's LE Box are usually MUCH more amazing.
all that interesting
Old 2012-08-07, 15:48   Link #2517
chaosprophet

Anyone knows how much the second volume of the BD sold? I'm wondering whether it wasn't listed with the others for some reason or that it sold so little it wasn't even listed...
Old 2012-08-08, 07:04   Link #2518
sa547
*Author

Sales data? Came from here by way of Yaraon, but it's a week ago.

Once again a mutual friend did an analysis of the figures and here's his assessment:
http://stage48.net/forum/viewtopic.p...585851#p585043

Quote:
The figures are correct as far as you trust the Oricon figures.
First week sales of vol.2 is only 47% of the vol.1 so many anime otakus, particularly the vast number of those who are also AKB-anti, mock the sharp decline of sales, but to me I agree with you that the sales is not as bad as feared. Vol.1 simply sold too well -- and it is without any event ticket, and its cheap price must be counted as one big factor. Vol.2 has 3 episodes compared to vol.1's one and price is set accordingly, so one would expect a really large drop in sales from vol.1 to vol.2. The competition of anime BD/DVD sales last week was indeed intense as I can count >75 titles going on sale last week! Quite a few of the new release like Medaka Box vol.1 (and vol.1 usually sells more than the subsequent volumes) did not even make it in the Oricon top 50 chart and so no sales figure is registered.
Which to me wasn't bad, considering that this show is an entirely original production not based on any existing material (i.e. manga/light novel/game, almost like the same way Madoka started out, except PMMM became last year's massive winner).

----
As for the single, NO NAME's debut release as a sub-unit comes at a respectable number three (46,598 copies), with SMAP's Moment (in the #1 slot with 136,727 copies; they're kind of AKB's "elder uncles" in their profession, if you're going to ask me) and Nana Mizuki's Bright Stream (#2 slot with 75,379 copies; she's a goddess among some of AKB's anime fans, including Mayuyu) just ahead of them.

For more info: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2012-08-13/

Last edited by sa547; 2012-08-08 at 12:12.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 19:23   Link #2519
Liddo-kun
is this so?

See you next stage..

Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 22:22   Link #2520
sa547
*Author

I am Legend.

Got the idea of making this set of 'Chops after reading Maeda's blog entry (she talked about her impending departure from the group, which will happen about a week from now).

Last edited by sa547; 2012-08-17 at 23:09.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime