Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-30, 20:39   Link #241
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
And I'm sure lots of people noticed the agressiveness of Shinn while he was fighting the 3 Gundams in Phase 2.
But was it because of "hate"? He didn't even know who the hijackers were. He was angry at the horrible ZAFT security and wanted to accomplish his mission.

He didn't glare at Cagalli until she started talking all her idealistic statements... If he truly hated her he'd be hunting her down when Lunamaria mentioned her to him. Yes, he might dislike her, but he has a legitimate reason to (in his mind).
Old 2004-10-30, 20:59   Link #242
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Nope, I don't think it's hatred either, rather Shinn most likely harbors a deep resentment of the Orb leadership for failing to protect his family and he just lost it when he overheard Cagalli spouting what he thought was absolute BS.

Shinn does seem more aggressive and cold when he's in uniform. Still too early to tell for certain, but I'm liking the way things are gradually unfolding. The pacing of the story seems to be fine, much better than G:Seed. Can't wait to see how the other pilots think of Athrun. Intriguing how he saluted to Zaft soldiers, it is as though he never left the PLANT hierarchy.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:01   Link #243
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
What did Shin say to Cagalli anyways?
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:07   Link #244
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
What did Shin say to Cagalli anyways?
Something to the effect of "Making nice speeches is sure the specialty of the Athha family."
Old 2004-10-30, 21:08   Link #245
AzN_Pride

would someone be kind enuf to PM me where they found Phase 3 raw from?

Please and Thank You
AzN_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 23:24   Link #246
DwArD
mAnIaC

Sure....its understandable that he dislike Orb due to the fact that they failed to protect his family....But since he is a soldier now, he should sort of know how difficult it is to be facing 3 Gundams while at the same time trying to look out for people to protect? Maybe Shinn will understand that in the near future. Say....didn't anyone notice why Shinn's family was trying to escape Orb via the forest? I'm sure there's other routes that can lead them to the ship. Maybe they're late for the evacuation or something?
Old 2004-10-30, 23:36   Link #247
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
The roads along the coast are probably sealed off for the Orb military to place long range cannons and other batteries for coastal defenses.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 23:48   Link #248
Keith
Banned

Man, Are we discussing Phase 03, or what? Anyway, you guys don't need any discusion. I am watching Phase 03 now, no time for any discussion.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 00:01   Link #249
wao
OK.

Bah. I find Shinn's attitude to be somewhat immature, but you have to have the lead as an immature silly idiot because 1. such people will and do exist in that sort of situation and would bring trouble with the idea of revenge and 2. how are we going to get angst otherwise? :P It is quite logical, it takes a rather calm and mature person to be able to let go of your family's death by a bunch of soldiers. But what Shinn's doing is really not helping at all, I don't see how joining the military's going to help if you're just going to possibly kill more people yourself. I suppose Shinn was too clouded by his own emotions to see that truth? Or perhaps he thought he was so good he could actually change the situation.

But it does get annoying when you have stupid teens thirsty for revenge without cooling off all the time. Oh well.

Another thing about this ep... can I just say that Taria's voice pisses me off to no end? Good god. I hate it. It sounds so out of place. I want Murrue back T_T No wait, I don't. I mean, I <3 Murrue but she shouldn't be dragged back as a military ship leader. At least in Destiny from the OP/ED she isn't wearing military uniform so hm... I'd expect EA to pursue her because she still commands a rather powerful ship... and if they drag her back they can always kill her off in front of us which I DON'T WANT... okay, going offtopic...

Also, Cagalli seems to still have her hotheaded nature about her, I don't know if she ever silently ponders about anything... the way Dullindal does. Getting easily annoyed and easily raising one's voice is not a very helpful trait for a diplomat... Just why on earth did Orb decide to have an 18(iirc?)-year-old become their representative? :S

And regarding those weird pods that the druggie trio were in, I suppose they work as some sort of "Healing Centre" (hm, I'm thinking of Pokemon here... o_O) where they sit in there and are monitored, anything lacking would be discreetly programmed/given to them, and they just give their bodies and minds some rest... basically, enhanced sleep?

Stellar really did seem useless with the block word... Makes you wonder why they even have such a thing like a block word, and how it's chosen. And what the other two's block words are and what they'll do... I'd like to see Auel get blocked and see how he likes it.
Old 2004-10-31, 01:17   Link #250
michiru

I like the first battle BGM of ep3.That was cool!
michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 01:55   Link #251
Palani
///_^

Nevermind me,

Just go here
http://seedmode.maraboshi.net/movie.php
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 02:22   Link #252
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

When I watched Cagalli blamed the chairman (don't know how to spell his name) for building those gundams, it reminds me of Relena and her total pacifism BS. Though Relena is less hotheaded and more calm than Cagalli.
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 02:33   Link #253
tatsit

I think shinn's attitude is described on his gundam.. His impulsive...
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 02:53   Link #254
CalamitiesEnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsit
I think shinn's attitude is described on his gundam.. His impulsive...
Then maybe he can split into three parts and have add on parts too!
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 03:27   Link #255
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
well because i watched both lanuages...chinese subs are usually the fastest, but the way they translate names and text...its TERRIBLE...
really depends on the group you are watching...
There are a LOT of chinese fansub groups out there, i have watched a couple of those mainland chinese's out, and they sucked. Mainly because i hate reading simpified chinese.

However, there are really good groups that have both quality and speed.
DMHY.net is THE best traditional chn. subbing group out there.
And popgo.net is one of the better simplified chn. subbing groups out of the mass.

As for the name issue... it's a pain in the ass for those of us watching both engl and chn. sub. The difference in the chn. name translation is because there are different ways and characters to use depends on the speakers.
It's pronounced totally differently if you are a cantonese speaker compare to a mandarin speaker, and there are tons of chinese characters that match the same sound.

i personally prefer english sub, mainly because my english is better than my chinese. But if i can't wait for the engl sub to come out first, i will go for the sub from dmhy.net.
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 05:39   Link #256
michiru

Neo:They are better than former guys.

Shanis!? You mean Shanis!?
michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 05:43   Link #257
tatsit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamitiesEnd
Then maybe he can split into three parts and have add on parts too!

Yeah.. maybe..
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 06:44   Link #258
DwArD
mAnIaC

Cagalli do seemed hot-headed to me. A diplomat should remain calm at all times though....eeekkk....gotta go back to my studies....got a MAJOR exam coming soon....what a awful time for exams.......
Old 2004-10-31, 07:22   Link #259
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Bah. I find Shinn's attitude to be somewhat immature, but you have to have the lead as an immature silly idiot because 1. such people will and do exist in that sort of situation and would bring trouble with the idea of revenge and 2. how are we going to get angst otherwise? :P It is quite logical, it takes a rather calm and mature person to be able to let go of your family's death by a bunch of soldiers. But what Shinn's doing is really not helping at all, I don't see how joining the military's going to help if you're just going to possibly kill more people yourself. I suppose Shinn was too clouded by his own emotions to see that truth? Or perhaps he thought he was so good he could actually change the situation.

But it does get annoying when you have stupid teens thirsty for revenge without cooling off all the time. Oh well.
Again, it's pretty obvious that Shinn has his own ideas about preserving peace. I am still not sure how joining ZAFT would allow him to get revenge, since when he joined ZAFT the Junius Treaty was signed, and when there's no fighting (how you you get revenge when there's no fighting?). And its not like he wants to start a war either. So why else did he join ZAFT? Perhaps he thinks like Kira, in that he should "make a difference if he has the power to".

Of course, he got emotional when he heard Cagalli talking what he though to be bullcrap and he felt she (or her family--the Athha's) was responsible for his family's death. So he got pissed. I don't see "revenge" as a factor in this at all.
Old 2004-10-31, 08:15   Link #260
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Just watched a Chinese sub, before commenting on anything else, just want to say that the file sizes are a tad ridiculous, anyone venturing a reason for that?

Cagalli hasn't changed much, very strong minded and not afraid to speak her mind. She will never be the soft spoken person that a certain Peacecraft will be from Gundam Wing.

Personally, I think she's fatigued by all the things that have been dumped on her. She's too inexperienced as a politician yet she has been dealing with wily old foxes of the Atlantic Federation and PLANTs and to add to that she's the Head of State for her country and has to deal with pressure on all sides to live up to her father's legacy.

The jibes I get from Gilbert is that he bears Cagalli and Orb no malice - but I bet his end target is not to crush the Earth Alliance but to draw out Blue Cosmos and deal with them decisively. Too bad Orb will get entangled again in it all.

Shinn's behavior is... understandable. But its quite annoying and insensitive really - I kept getting a mental image that Athrun will slap Shinn silly and snarl at him . Its not like Cagalli didn't lose anyone dear to her in the previous war. He believes what he is doing can protect more people from being killed while Cagalli strongly believes that the only way to do that is to prevent the shooting from starting in the first place.

Not that she is going to get her wish if Gilbert gets his way.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote