Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-09, 21:05   Link #161
Derelict
Et tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
It was great when Kira owned Yzak, but everything before then was like this:

Kira fires at Athrun. Misses. Moves 10 clicks backwards and raises shield. Ends turn.
Athrun fires at Kira. Blocked. Moves 5 clicks sidesways and calls out Kira's name. Ends turn.
Kira fires at back. Misses. Kira says "Athrun..." with a sad face. Ends turn.
Yzak says "AHhhhh!!!" and fires at Kira. Misses. Moves 45 clicks foreward and engages in beam saber combat. Ends turn.
Kira blocks Yzak. Moves 20 clicks backwards and hides behind Archangel's cover fire while firing at Athrun. Misses. Ends turn.
Athrun fires at Kira. Misses. Ends turn.

*somewhere else on the battlefield*
Mwu fires at Deakka. Misses Moves 20 clicks forward. Ends turn.
Deakka fires at Mwu. Misses. Deakka combines his cannons and fires. Misses. Ends turn.

I forgot what Nicole was doing the whole time...I think his responsibility was to keep the Archangel busy.
Due to most of the battles consisting of Kira being largely outnumbered and the ArchAngel being useless against the four enemy Gundams, also Kira was not really prepared to actually destroy one of them, not to mention he was thrusted against them without any previous battle experience could contribute to the fact that he rarely drawed any damage against them.

However, the choreography was still impressive.
Derelict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 23:07   Link #162
DwArD
mAnIaC

Yep. The fighting scenes in Seed was nice, before Kira got his hands on Freedom. No matter how much I like about Freedom, I still find it sort of.....cheating. Able to aim and shoot at so many MS at a time seems a little too.....powerful. I actually prefer the fighting scenes when Kira was piloting Strike. He's still an amatuer at that time, and it sort of creates a tension.
Old 2004-11-10, 07:53   Link #163
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
Quote:
Yep. The fighting scenes in Seed was nice, before Kira got his hands on Freedom. No matter how much I like about Freedom, I still find it sort of.....cheating. Able to aim and shoot at so many MS at a time seems a little too.....powerful. I actually prefer the fighting scenes when Kira was piloting Strike. He's still an amatuer at that time, and it sort of creates a tension.
Indeed.Especially the fights in the desert against the Bacows were just cool.
Ok the fights between normal Suits and Freedom were somekind of boring,but the fights against Providence/Forbidden/Raider/Calamity had imo a lot more tension then nearly all battles before.
Wolfslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 08:11   Link #164
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... personally I think Kira fighting against Forbidden/Raider/Calamity just shows that he doesn't know anything about battle tactics, he's just using the raw power of Freedom to shoot shoot shoot and when it doesn't work, he just shoots more, which of course doesn't work any better than before. Kira fighting against Providence has some nice actions, however the conversations are pathetic, it's basically Kira getting lectured by Krueze and moaning and groaning and could not come up with any retort
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:04   Link #165
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfslord
Indeed.Especially the fights in the desert against the Bacows were just cool.
I never liked the Bacows, but I definitely agree that Kira's fights against them were probably the best choreographed in Seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... personally I think Kira fighting against Forbidden/Raider/Calamity just shows that he doesn't know anything about battle tactics, he's just using the raw power of Freedom to shoot shoot shoot and when it doesn't work, he just shoots more, which of course doesn't work any better than before. Kira fighting against Providence has some nice actions, however the conversations are pathetic, it's basically Kira getting lectured by Krueze and moaning and groaning and could not come up with any retort
The battles at Orb in which Kira and Athrun fought against the druggie trio for the first two times were pretty darn good (except the part when Forbidden was shot point-blank by Freedom yet didn't receive any damage...which pretty much hints that the druggie trios are not going to die until the very end). Once they left for space, however, the skirmishes pretty much resembled what happened in the first arc, just with MORE BEAM RIFLES MORE YELLING AND MORE RECYCLED FRAMES.

Once Kira and Athrun got access to the METEOR system, though, it was sweet ass-whooping once again.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:31   Link #166
Derelict
Et tu

Quote:
Killing him is a good retort.
Old 2004-11-10, 09:51   Link #167
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict
Killing him is a good retort.
that sounds like Blue Cosmos
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 10:23   Link #168
Derelict
Et tu

Quote:
that sounds like Blue Cosmos
Minus the fact that Rau probably wanted action, not words.
Old 2004-11-10, 10:31   Link #169
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
(except the part when Forbidden was shot point-blank by Freedom yet didn't receive any damage...
That's because Freedom fired its railguns at it, which are negated by Phase Shift.
Old 2004-11-10, 10:36   Link #170
Derelict
Et tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
That's because Freedom fired its railguns at it, which are negated by Phase Shift.
The first few fights when the druggies were disorganized/firing on each other most likely would have been the greatest chance for Kira to defeat them, but of course, they needed them for the plot until the end.
Old 2004-11-10, 10:50   Link #171
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Even at point blank? But okay, that'd explain why Kira didn't do his "shoot everybody down" stuff when fighting the druggies.

Oh yah, I remember now...the railgun shots were yellow. -___-;;;
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:46   Link #172
Keppers

Hmmm I thought Gaia running in zero grav was kinda cool and not funny at all, but I guess I just assumed that some kind of thrusters or something were being used to push it against the panels to make its own gravity until it was time to jump. Seemed more like good piloting at the time. *shrug*
Keppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 16:06   Link #173
Pabst
The Blue Ribbon

Send a message via AIM to Pabst
Even if there were thrusters pushing Stellar down towards it, the platform (or whatever) the Gundam was running on would be pushed in the opposite direction anyway...

Just a blatant disregard for physics... but hey, its a cartoon, whatever.
Pabst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 16:26   Link #174
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabst
Even if there were thrusters pushing Stellar down towards it, the platform (or whatever) the Gundam was running on would be pushed in the opposite direction anyway...

Just a blatant disregard for physics... but hey, its a cartoon, whatever.
Stellar's Gaia must have been going through the same gravity in the gundam universe that lets them walk through the halls on the ship and then jump up and float through the ship whenever they feel like it too. It's either one or the other...

Not to mention how the hair should be reacting in zero-g too...but hey...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 17:48   Link #175
katon
Some random dude

Awesome episode. Battle between the two ships were pretty amazing. Captain showing us their skillz, lol, except when Athrun saved Minerva's ass. Whoohoo, looks like next ep we'll see Athrun back in action, and more ppl reappearing!
Old 2004-11-11, 05:31   Link #176
wao
OK.

About the hair in zero-g... don't they use hair-spray or something?
Old 2004-11-11, 05:34   Link #177
tatsit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
About the hair in zero-g... don't they use hair-spray or something?
Cool... Is kira using gatsby?
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 07:08   Link #178
wao
OK.

Oh my god. Stop giving me bad images.

If you're happy and you know it clap your Gundam...

This is begging to be photoshopped. I need to find a pic of those hilarious Gatsby ads.
Old 2004-11-11, 09:11   Link #179
tatsit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Oh my god. Stop giving me bad images.

If you're happy and you know it clap your Gundam...

This is begging to be photoshopped. I need to find a pic of those hilarious Gatsby ads.
Lol.. Please do.. I'm waiting to laugh..
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 16:50   Link #180
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Stellar's Gaia must have been going through the same gravity in the gundam universe that lets them walk through the halls on the ship and then jump up and float through the ship whenever they feel like it too. It's either one or the other...

Not to mention how the hair should be reacting in zero-g too...but hey...
Notice that the section os the ship where they were floating around in is different compared to the section where there's gravity. =) In the gravity halls, the halls are curved while as the other non-gravity influenced areas are flat. ZAFT's got some hi-tech ships after all =P
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote