AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 10:34   Link #10401
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
You also need to know where both of you put marriage. For me, it doesn't mean much aside from a new legal status. It's about living like a married couple which can happen before or after marriage. But there's a lot of people out there who think marriage is some magical transformation to a brighter world. Those people need to marry early on, before the 'many years of living together' happen. Or else get their fantasy gets crushed that there is no 'better change' after the marriage. And a lot of people with their irrationality believe that it's the wrong marriage and starts considering divorce because things aren't as exciting as they believed. >_O
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:37   Link #10402
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well then, for a change of pace from multi-dating exploits...

Update on my situation; I've been with my girl for more than two years at this point. My parents ask me questions when she doesn't come over for the weekend. I've met her parents a number of times, and I recently hosted them when they came over here for a vacation, so they like me well enough. All's well, right?

Well, depending on one's POV, a little too well. She's been poking me increasingly frequently about registering with her. Her parents have also weighed in on that score, telling her we should register soon since she's not getting any younger (she's like 24 for goodness sake, her biological clock isn't ticking away that fast). Even my parents have started talking to me about it, since like my mother said, we've been together more than two years and it doesn't seem like that's going to change anytime soon, so might as well, right?
I've been dating my girlfriend for over two years now and I still haven't met her parents. This basically stems from her parents not wanting her to date until she graduates from university (originally high school until she got close to that).

She graduates next summer... any idea how to approach that?

I haven't met her siblings either for the same reason, though in the case of her brother I think there may be another motive at play as well. When I asked her why she didn't like her brother, she told me it was because he was an idiot who watches shows like Infinite Stratos and Ore no Imouto. I then pointed out that I also watch those shows and was promptly called a stupid pervert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I do intend to marry her, I've even told her as such, and the current plan is I'll do so next year. If you ask me whether I have any good reasons not to do so... well, I don't. Besides, registering with her will come with its share of benefits, as my fellow countrymen would be familiar with. But somehow, it still feels so... fast.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*head-in-sand*

I think I need some psyching-up, guys.
I'd like to help but I'm only a year younger than you and personally I wouldn't feel anywhere near responsible enough yet. Then again, you might not be in the situation of working on a second degree and still having atrocious procrastination and sleep habits that you simply cannot seem to kick, which is the boat I'm in these days.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:39   Link #10403
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Before you guys get married, please please please please please do some FUCKING FINANCIAL PLANNING before ringing those damn bells. It is not a symbol of maturity when you find out that you don't have enough money to send your kids through tertiary education.

If you can't spare time for your wife and children, or spare money to buy time for your wife and children, don't get married to someone 3D. Find a 2D wife or husband instead.

@ Ascaloth : I'll PM you by tomorrow night, earliest tomorrow morning. Just got back from work.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:41   Link #10404
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Yea, marriage is not a bed of roses. It's not all about the fancy white dress and the ceremony. "Let's get married and live happily ever after"-I find it very hard to believe that actually works. I have 2 close married friends, and each of them has confided in me that their marriage is not what they have visualized. Before that, they had been so excited and being lovey-dovey that it seem to be a sharp contrast to what they are feeling atm. I think one has to be realistic about marriage. It's not like fairy tales. Marriage is the beginning of a new life, but in a way, it also signifies future problems to come with your spouse.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:56   Link #10405
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Yea, marriage is not a bed of roses. It's not all about the fancy white dress and the ceremony. "Let's get married and live happily ever after"-I find it very hard to believe that actually works. I have 2 close married friends, and each of them has confided in me that their marriage is not what they have visualized. Before that, they had been so excited and being lovey-dovey that it seem to be a sharp contrast to what they are feeling atm. I think one has to be realistic about marriage. It's not like fairy tales. Marriage is the beginning of a new life, but in a way, it also signifies future problems to come with your spouse.
If marriage signifies future problems with your spouse, why give yourself extra psychological load by getting married?

And there is nothing "realistic" about marriage because almost everything has been laid out in the marriage contract clause (as well as the laws, including Women's Charter).

Of course notwithstanding this; an old agent with 18 years in my industry once told me about how people think : "They nitpick about the details of something costing $5, but didn't hestitate to sign any contract that would cost them a couple of thousand. That is why our job, and of some other people around them, includes picking up the pieces for them."

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:58   Link #10406
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It really depends how you take your marriage. Sometimes I see other people's marriages explode into disaster (Reason why we had to move to a beach house) due to petty conflicts. When you decide to tie the knot, you have to make changes on your behavior, it is no longer just one it is two. If you can't compromise, work together, and among other things your marriage is going to end up in smokes. Which I say living together with your girlfriend before getting married is a good idea, you have some sense what you are getting into. I been with my girlfriend for a total of 6 years and we lived together for 3 years. Living with you girlfriend you will experience new things and thankfully I manage to adapt and make her happy everyday.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 14:33   Link #10407
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post

What are you waiting for? It's time to dump the girl and pursue her father instead! Lol. The way I see it, this situation calls for serious spending on your part. Ask your girlfriend what he likes and his hobbies, and try to impress him with these two aspects.

it was at first..actually her parents like-me very much..

When i have a match, her father always comes to see me..and i clear heard his screams

Actually i'm going to marry next year

Next year i'm 31, she is 24 or 25 depends on the date
Old 2012-06-14, 14:48   Link #10408
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Do what we did, get married on your birthday.

Endless "Always remembers his anniversary" Soul
Old 2012-06-14, 15:18   Link #10409
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

Folks, this is solid advice here so make sure to take notes. There's nothing a lady hates more than us guys forgetting dates so do the completely altruistic and romantic thing of marrying on your birthday so you only have to remember one date...

Wait, did I say altruistic?
Old 2012-06-14, 17:23   Link #10410
word sux

I know in some society's this if frowned upon but I think if you are going to marry someone you should at least live with them for awhile before you make a lifetime commitment. If they start driving you crazy after only a few months then you may want to reconsider.
Old 2012-06-15, 01:08   Link #10411
Calca
Expressionless

How would one go about asking out a girl who is a cashier for a store? She is very outgoing to me and smiles a lot and seems disappointed when I don't talk with her more.

I've also caught her staring at me when I'm getting my stuff at the store. The type where she quickly looks away when I look at her.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 01:15   Link #10412
cyth
Banned

Ask for her name, since she's always servicing you (this is a good excuse), remove all your anime-themed profile pictures and add her on Facebook. Then you have more to work with.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 01:19   Link #10413
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Ask for her name, since she's always servicing you (this is a good excuse), remove all your anime-themed profile pictures and add her on Facebook. Then you have more to work with.
Good thing I don't have any anime stuff on my facebook profile...
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 06:31   Link #10414
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

Not effective as I don't remember my birthday. I have to check my passport or drivers license when I need to know my date of birth.

One time I asked a friend if today was his birthday or my birthday. He told me my b-day was 2 months ago and his isn't in 4 months.

I had to make a long distance call to my mom last year because my ID says I was born in 1991 but I was almost certain I was born in 90. (as in I wasn't sure if I was supposed to 19 or 20)

My best bet is tattooing the anniversary date into the back of my hand and/or painting it into the wall of my bedroom. Or it's on some day like a palindrome or something interesting.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:32   Link #10415
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Not effective as I don't remember my birthday. I have to check my passport or drivers license when I need to know my date of birth.

One time I asked a friend if today was his birthday or my birthday. He told me my b-day was 2 months ago and his isn't in 4 months.

I had to make a long distance call to my mom last year because my ID says I was born in 1991 but I was almost certain I was born in 90. (as in I wasn't sure if I was supposed to 19 or 20)

My best bet is tattooing the anniversary date into the back of my hand and/or painting it into the wall of my bedroom. Or it's on some day like a palindrome or something interesting.
I remember my birthday because it is smack right in the middle of December. I believe Meotwister shares the same birthday as me.

Unfortunately, being a doctor, he doesn't have as good a taste for girls as me - he likes dojikkos who can't cook for nuts.

Old 2012-06-15, 08:01   Link #10416
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ How can you not see the glory of dojikkos? I can't believe this, and from SaintessHeart no less.

Doesn't matter if they can't cook to save their life, sometimes the scenario is better that way...as I will demonstrate.

Quote:
*drops pan* "Huee~ sorry Detective-san, I'm always messing up..."
*bishounen hair-flip* "Don't worry about it, I'll clean up."
"Ahehe, sorry it always turns out this way."
*bishounen intimate eye-contact* "Geez, you're so hopeless."
*epic moe blush* "Yeah..."
*anime make-out scene with obligatory pink background and sparkles*
It isn't easy being so smooth.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:05   Link #10417
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ How can you not see the glory of dojikkos? I can't believe this, and from SaintessHeart no less.

Doesn't matter if they can't cook to save their life, sometimes the scenario is better that way...as I will demonstrate.

It isn't easy being so smooth.
Well those are anime, but you can be smooth as well in real life. You can just walk somewhere with the girl you love, then walk faster in front of her then face her. Then confess, I did the same thing when I was in 9th grade and I am still with her for 6 years. I am happy and she is too. So try like my thing out, but if it is too Cliche then maybe I point you to something else.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 08:06   Link #10418
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
*drops pan* "Huee~ sorry Detective-san, I'm always messing up..."
*bishounen hair-flip* "Don't worry about it, I'll clean up."
"Ahehe, sorry it always turns out this way."
*bishounen intimate eye-contact* "Geez, you're so hopeless."
*epic moe blush* "Yeah..."
*anime make-out scene with obligatory pink background and sparkles*
OXYGEN.. I need OXYGEN!!! D=

If my future wife can't cook, she better be a veteran firefighter.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:10   Link #10419
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Dojikkos have no character. I prefer lolis - they are cuter, fresher, and last longer.

Actually I kind of like tsunderes. They are fun to tease and can be quite nice people. Yandere are fine too, but I don't want to play a game of "who gets murdered first!" since I am one myself.

Old 2012-06-15, 08:12   Link #10420
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I never pegged you as a yandere before, but I admit it increases your moe factor a bit.

Kawaii SaintessHeart.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom