AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-16, 07:12   Link #381
KBTKaiser

still working older weaponry here, don't have time to play with the newer toys, so to speak.

Flux 25, Kunai 0, Kestrel 18 now
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 12:28   Link #382
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been trying out the Drakgoon on and off and it seems great for certain missions (particularly infestations and defence missions) but its not something that works everywhere like the karak etc. I have a few mods on it to increase its rof and seeker force to add punch through for dealing with those mobs.

I've also just built the Saryn and in my opinion its the most hideous frame ever, right up there with nova. That said she seems pretty decent and has a good pool of hp/shields.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:25   Link #383
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So my first time trying out the game... well, I'm not playing yet, since it's still in the download phase. A question though: I want to free up my net for other tasks, but I get the feeling that Warframe's update downloader doesn't allow breaking. Can I shut it down, then have it resume later?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:53   Link #384
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Anyone know of a good method of ranking up a bow? The Paris Prime is next on my list of rankings, and I imagine such a weapon is ill-suited for bosses when going solo.

After that I'll be working on the Soma, once it completes, but that should be considerably easier to rank.
Old 2014-01-16, 23:33   Link #385
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So my first time trying out the game... well, I'm not playing yet, since it's still in the download phase. A question though: I want to free up my net for other tasks, but I get the feeling that Warframe's update downloader doesn't allow breaking. Can I shut it down, then have it resume later?
If I remember right, yes. Last update, I had to stop midway (about 140 MB) and the update just resumed where I left off.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 00:58   Link #386
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Zomg Lowe! Let me know when you're ready to play - I'll help you taxi and unlock, and I've got some plat and mods I can send your way if you need. Pretty sure Saint would be willing to help as well.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 01:45   Link #387
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
If I remember right, yes. Last update, I had to stop midway (about 140 MB) and the update just resumed where I left off.
Ah, that's good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Zomg Lowe! Let me know when you're ready to play - I'll help you taxi and unlock, and I've got some plat and mods I can send your way if you need. Pretty sure Saint would be willing to help as well.
Yeah, you two had been pestering me for a while now

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 04:12   Link #388
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, you two had been pestering me for a while now
Well, y'know, it's like evangelising and sharing the Good News about Tsundere Empress Maki-sama, Chihaya-chan, Captain Marika, etc~ Once you know the good news you want to share it around.

Basically, exp ingame is scored from doing shit, using powers, and getting kills, and is used to level your warframes and weapons. The MK-1 Brato is like the Avenger except more crap, while the Braton is kinda like the Phaeston. One of the best early guns (still viable late game) is the Karak, which is basically the love child of an AK-47 and M16, as interpreted by Grineer engineers Ugen Stanar and Mik Klash. It's good fun. Best LMG ingame is still the Soma, but that's for Mastery Rank 6, which is going to be a while from now...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-01-17, 04:48   Link #389
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hell I just reached rank 6. My Soma's under construction, and after that I gotta worry about ranking it up and crit-speccing it...
Old 2014-01-17, 05:42   Link #390
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Rhino Master Race. Soma Master Race.

Suggest to put two (Y) polarities on it and then your Soma is set. You'll be doing at most single-element damage, your real focus is going to be on your criticals. Soma does acceptable at 75% criticla chance maxed - it used to be a godly 82.5%. T__T

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-01-17, 06:38   Link #391
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Uncheck Bulk Downloading and you're set.
Old 2014-01-17, 08:34   Link #392
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Anyone know of a good method of ranking up a bow? The Paris Prime is next on my list of rankings, and I imagine such a weapon is ill-suited for bosses when going solo.

After that I'll be working on the Soma, once it completes, but that should be considerably easier to rank.
I normally rely on Survivals and defense to level up stuff - almost all my melee weapons and my crap pistols were leveled on leaked Exp.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-01-17, 10:47   Link #393
demino_hellsin
That one guy

35 minutes on cambria. unranked primary went from 0-12
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 11:20   Link #394
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Spend enough time on a survival and that'll happen. ;D

I personally prefer Apollodorus, but any Invasion mission is also good, since people will be running them, and that provides you with a certain margin of safety.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-01-17, 12:06   Link #395
KBTKaiser

oh, and enough with the master race BS. Everyone has their own way of playing the game, so just leave it at that.
Old 2014-01-17, 20:56   Link #396
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it should be specific to grineer survivals though. Hevies come out early and give 700-800 xp on kill. Infested missions haveancients giving 200 a kill. Corpus are around 300 on average for heavies and 150. The rare corpus tech would give that 800 xp but as said, they seem to rarely pop up.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:03   Link #397
KBTKaiser

also need to one-shot the Corpus Tech since they'll summon shield ospreys after taking half health damage.
Old 2014-01-18, 06:20   Link #398
SineMora
Wait for it...

^And they came armed with Supras....
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 06:35   Link #399
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ran three Orokind Derelict Survivals tonight. THere's a smallish room that's got electric water and 4 entrances to it - a balcony with stairs, doors on left and right, and a small door behind. Oxy will spawn on the balcony and just in front of the small door. Having a Vauban and a Nekros makes it a very viable fighting point - Bastile to hold enemies, and then you can cast Desecrate in relative safety to get oxy drops. Having a Nova for explosions and a Rhino for almighty stomp (and going to activate the capsules further away, since the Rhino will be able to survive getting there and back) fills out the roster.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-01-18, 09:10   Link #400
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Right so after running a few ODS throughout today, here's Goose's rough guide/thoughts to ODS painlessness (or relative painlessness anyway).

1) As much as possible, bring a full team. More Tenno = more spawns = more RNG throws = more chances of getting Oxygen drops.

2) Prior to this, make a lot of Ammo and Energy restores. Use the 10x BPs. Don't worry, these use Nano Spores, which you'll get at least 10k from an ODS run.

3) Team setup: I've found that having a Vauban makes things quite easy, since you've got Bastille which can hold targets.

4) Team Setup: Bring a Nova. You will need her.
4) a) A Nekros is recommended and good to have, but not quite crucial as the Nova. Still, having him spam desecrate within the safety of Bastille allows you a chance for more Oxygen drops.
4) b) If you have it, make sure your Sentinel is carrying the Spare Parts mod. Increased item drop chance is always good.
4) c) Nyx is not really as effective as one might think, so I suggest not using her. She's very situational.
4) d) I hate to say this, but Karak becomes less effective by the 20-25 minute mark. You'll want to bring a Corrosive Soma, which will remain viable to 40 minutes plus.

5) Basic strategy: Stay together. Move in groups. Find a chokepoint and guard the fuck out of it, especially if you've got loads of spawns coming through it. Watch your minimap - when your team moves, move.

6) Only one person should go and activate the capsules, and this person had better be enough of a badass to be able to fight their way to the capsules and back, or be a Rhino.

7) ???

8) Profit. Or rather, Burston Prime BP and parts.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja