AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-20, 10:00   Link #181
Frontier

Circumstances aside, it's actually kind of nice to see Miyo and Kiyoka finally sharing a bed, basically, as she sleeps beside him to free him from his Grotesquerie coma. Bonus points for handholding !

Kiyoka is fighting a swarm of Grotesqueries who won't stop coming, but he can't lose until he's seen Miyo again and made it up to her, as he engages in some stunning action animation .

Jeez, Miyo just can't escape the Saimori house even in her dreams? Though I didn't expect creepy Smol Miyo. Or the personification of Miyo's lingering guilt and depression to challenge her to give up by throwing back in her face all her doubts and self-loathing, even though it's that side of her that's still in the most pain. But Miyo won't be weak any longer, she'll brave whatever pain or troubles are thrown in her way because she understands now that there are people who love and cherish her, as she loves and cherishes them in turn...including her husband-to-be. And what better way to mark this self-actualization than Miyo getting her own magical transformation sequence as the Dream-Sight Maiden and consoling her past self ?

Also, props to Reina Ueda. The two Miyo's sounded like two distinct people .

And Miyo's not done, not only does she arrive to save Kiyoka and dispel the Grotesqueries, but she's even able to throw Mikado's own magic back at him and grievously wound him in the process. No wonder everyone was so worried about the Usuba blood she carries in her veins .

But this is what we've all been waiting for...Miyo and Kiyoka's reconciliation and re-commitment to each other. Complete with a romantic embrace !

I'm kind of surprised Arata just let Miyo go like this after all the trouble the Usuba's went to get her back, but I guess with Mikado as he is now, Miyo choosing to be with Kiyoka, and Kiyoka ready to challenge Arata again, there's not much worth in fighting her on this .

Nice to see Miyo back where she's happiest...with her husband-to-be and getting to enjoy peak domestic bliss with him .

I had actually totally forgotten they were prepping Miyo for a party, but wow, she looked absolutely stunning in that dress. She really was a true Cinderella, complete with being the most beautiful person at the "ball," especially as she and her husband-to-be lock arms and look at each other with such love in their heart .
Old 2023-09-20, 11:34   Link #182
EroKing

Episode 12

brb, I'm gonna ascend to heaven for a bit...

Ok, Miyo was simply gorgeous there with the perfect amount of allure and innocence.

This show was one out of my 2 picks as the dark horse, when the Summer season began and had high hopes for it. Glad to see how it turned out and a perfect end to the season. Season 2 also got announced.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 14:59.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 14:59   Link #183
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Kinema Citrus almost always comes through, possibly the best series of Summer 2023. Season 2 is already confirmed as well.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 16:25   Link #184
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Alls well that ends well.

Honestly it was such a satisfying ending that I didn't expect a season 2 announcement. I mean sure, sign me up for that. Guess we might get some happy marriage moments out of this show in that second season .

Good episode. Miyo really came through. Naturally she had to face her own weakness before she could focus on saving anyone. And good that she could do just that. Though credit to Kudo. He was holding out extremely well against a nearly endless assault.

Old timer Mikado deserved what he got there. Don't mess with that couple!

Really nice show .
Old 2023-09-20, 17:43   Link #185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My happy marriage ends without the leads getting married. But I guess it's fine since there's going to be a second season? Hopefully they'll get married there.

The series looked absolutely gorgeous but the story had many problems. I think I'll settle on a 6/10. The antagonists in particular were awful.
Old 2023-09-20, 17:52   Link #186
grecefar

I won't say it was bad but I was disappointed. The title was a mislead and instead of a happy marriage this anime focus was the supernatural, family problems and hateful villians. There was not any happy marriage at all, at least for now.

With a second season on the horizon then maybe it will be the happy marriage I was looking foward to see but with "His Majesty" there I really doubt it.

started as a 8/10 but it became a 6/10.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 19:12   Link #187
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
With a second season on the horizon then maybe it will be the happy marriage I was looking foward to see but with "His Majesty" there I really doubt it.
The anime kind of raced past this point to focus on the couple but the emperor's son took over because his father is senile and lost the gift of precognition. Breaking the seal was his last hurrah.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 20:18   Link #188
Psyco Diver

Pacing was a little odd but I liked the series, the two MCs enjoyable. Honestly I think this show could have benefited a 2 cour so because if felt like the plot was in high gear, not in a bad way but I think slowing down would have been great
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 21:08   Link #189
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The antagonists in particular were awful.
That and the sudden lapses in logic were why I couldn't finish this. I liked the leads and certain side characters. But the villains were one-dimensional - they merely existed as a plot device rather than actual characters.

I think this title is more attuned for raw emotional effect. Which can be fine but I'm not the type that can switch my brain off.
Old 2023-09-20, 23:32   Link #190
carmolita

It's more about self-discovery and their journey to marriage. The anime did leave some things out and there are some anime-only scenes. The book is much more dramatic. For example in the novel she was beaten up much worse when they kidnapped her and the anime didn't show it but IIRC when Kiyoka went to rescue Miyo he said to her father, you sent Miyo to me to protect her didn't you, you really do care about her, her dad was like nope ...he really wanted nothing to do with her. It doesn't tell you in the anime but Kiyoka was by her side for 3 days taking care of her injuries when that happened, because she didn't wake up which is why he looked exhausted not to mention he was by her side every night guiding her out of those nightmares. He didn't take her to the usubas when she collapsed, they went the next day and it was his indifference to her that day that pushed her over the edge to not care because they didn't discuss anything. I knew their was going to be a season 2 the moment kiyoka started talking about her meeting his father. Most likely it will begin with that party she's at, their is an important secret reason why they are there that she doesn't know about and you will see a change of location from their house. --This is one of my favorite novel series and it's always a joy to see it animated. We will see plenty of Arata he has his role to play
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 23:42   Link #191
Frontier

My Happy Marriage more like My Dramatic Engagement .

Still they're practically married at this point .
Old 2023-09-21, 07:47   Link #192
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
That and the sudden lapses in logic were why I couldn't finish this. I liked the leads and certain side characters. But the villains were one-dimensional - they merely existed as a plot device rather than actual characters.

I think this title is more attuned for raw emotional effect. Which can be fine but I'm not the type that can switch my brain off.
The designs didn't help. One was simply a bearded dude who smoked while taking about Miyo. Only lacking there is an eyepatch.

A villain also looked like an evil shaolin monk.

Still, if it's a marriage.... shouldn't they kiss soon?
Old 2023-09-21, 23:30   Link #193
Alchemist007
*Author

They decided to depart from the mental anguish/challenges from the earlier eps and go into light battle shounen, which wasn't quite what I was looking for going into this. The visuals kept up at least.

7/10
Old 2023-09-23, 14:16   Link #194
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
They decided to depart from the mental anguish/challenges from the earlier eps and go into light battle shounen, which wasn't quite what I was looking for going into this. The visuals kept up at least.

7/10
It will go back there in the next season. I can't wait for those scenes to get animated. we'll get to see how diabolical Kiyoka can be when it comes to protecting Miyo and her feelings even if it means going against his mother. We'll also see how mentally strong Miyo has become, her growth, independence from Kiyoka, and some more action. and how things have changed with the other branch families with the emperor out of power and more arata.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 19:36   Link #195
Alchemist007
*Author

Out of power...flame boiled...semantics.
Old 2024-03-20, 01:48   Link #196
scififan

The OAD? released with the novel makes more link to the characters' relationship. Kiyoka's current boss is his former brother-in-law. Miyo's half-sister is mopping floor.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote