AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-26, 09:41   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Gotta say, Akira can be pretty gaslight-y towards Kou in this episode. And, well, it works.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 13:01   Link #42
Frontier

Pretty amusing seeing a teacher lecturing about the benefits of a healthy sleep cycle on a show about insomniacs .

Seems like Akira feels listless and isolated too, and doesn't seem to have much in the way of parental involvement like Ko. Maybe she feels they're so similar, and that's why they can get along so well, which is why she wants him back at school so they can have fun together ?

Also, Akira strip scene, bath, and Akira in her PJ's! Some nice fanservice .

Both Ko and Nazuna seem to have been effected by the kiss (and their budding feelings) in their own way...Ko being more flustered, while Nazuna is actively trying to see him more or be more approachable. It's kind of adorable .

I love how the three random drunks are enjoying the sight of a couple making out on a bridge. They didn't even complain or yell about it, they just seemed to bask in the view .

Ko thinks his heart is in love when he thinks about Nazuna kissing him and thinks he can finally become a vampire...seems like his main goal to become a vampire is to stop being "normal" and basically run away from all his problems or the stuff he doesn't care about in a normal life. But isn't that kind of running away from life, in a way ?

Figures that what Ko feels is lust, and not romantic love, even if the two are tied together. And it's maybe a little too soon for Ko to become a vampire. Nazuna's still insistent that kissing is something friends do, but it does feel like the two's relationship is growing in a romantic direction even if it's not quite there yet .

Bold of Ko to invite another girl to spend time with him at Nazuna's, particularly one who may have her eyes on him as well, and I guess that boldness paid off when he got to sleep in the middle of two cute girls. Lucky dog .

So Nazuna has Street Fighter and a PS1, and even a Gal Game which the cast then proceeds to mock for all the cliche's, tropes, and conventions. But it seems like Ko's type is girls with big boobs who aren't that much of a hassle...I mean, that feels kind of like Akira, but okay .

Akira took the idea of Ko falling in love with a vampire to become one better than I expected, even if she still reacted pretty realistically too it. She seems genuinely happy just thinking Ko has a dream or something to aspire towards, even if she still wants him to come to school. Although it seems like vampires aren't actually effected by the sun here, so maybe that could still happen ?

Seems like both Ko and Akira actually feel asleep in-spite of themselves, just going to show how effective a night of fun can be .
Old 2022-07-28, 15:18   Link #43
grecefar

I loved this chapter, I'm happy that akira joined the night party, I would not mind a 3 way relationship between them.

Akira was pretty postive in the whole thing about them and even if he became a vampire and fall in love with nazuna they can remain friends.

I think Ko will end up going to school.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 17:57   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If Ko was Nazuna's first kiss and she believes kisses are normal between friends, that means she's never had any friends. Something she made fun of Ko for. Too bad he didn't pick up on it. The virgin vampire trope was expected, of course.

Akira is surprisingly chill about the whole thing.
Old 2022-07-28, 20:05   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Naz is a seriously good bullshitter so I'm not taking anything she says at face value.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 22:48   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think Naz is a seriously good bullshitter so I'm not taking anything she says at face value.
I wonder if Nazuna is completely BS'ing about how vampires are created by falling in love. Especially considering it doesn't seem like she's ever been in love or engaged in a romance, yet here she is. Unless she's a natural born vampire.

There's just a lot we don't know yet other than the fact that it seems like vampires in this setting aren't adversely effected by sunlight.
Old 2022-07-29, 01:49   Link #47
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I wonder if Nazuna is completely BS'ing about how vampires are created by falling in love. Especially considering it doesn't seem like she's ever been in love or engaged in a romance, yet here she is. Unless she's a natural born vampire.

There's just a lot we don't know yet other than the fact that it seems like vampires in this setting aren't adversely effected by sunlight.
Yeah, the fall in love part has got to be a complete lie. Or nearly so. Until we get further evidence, I think it's more she isn't willing to turn someone into a vampire unless they commit to the right mindset.

Perhaps to love her, you have to love the night as much as she does... or something like that. But yes, I think once the made up conditions are met, she'll admit she could have made any of them a vampire at any time, but didn't do so for their own good.
Old 2022-07-29, 05:02   Link #48
kari-no-sugata II

I had a similar feeling when I originally read the manga. I've got a rough suspicion of where the anime might end (assuming it's one cour), so there will be some reveals... but they may or may not match your expectations...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 09:16   Link #49
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Yeah, the fall in love part has got to be a complete lie. Or nearly so. Until we get further evidence, I think it's more she isn't willing to turn someone into a vampire unless they commit to the right mindset.

Perhaps to love her, you have to love the night as much as she does... or something like that. But yes, I think once the made up conditions are met, she'll admit she could have made any of them a vampire at any time, but didn't do so for their own good.
I can see that.

I definitely don't think Ko wants to become a vampire for the right reasons - he thinks it's going to solve all his personal problems, when that's not guaranteed - which might be why Nazuna is resistant.
Old 2022-07-29, 18:37   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree the falling in love condition is bullshit she told him so he'd willingly offer up his tasty blood to her every night (I'm surprised he hasn't collapsed from anemia yet). That doesn't mean everything she says is a lie though.
Old 2022-07-29, 19:32   Link #51
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Whether Nazuna has ever been kissed before raises the question of her age. Seems implausible if she's hundreds of years old like Mina Tepes in Dance in the Vampire Bund.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 20:31   Link #52
Strahan

I think I look forward to new eps of this the most of the shows this season. I just love the quirky humor, lol. The OP/ED is really catchy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post

That seems like a pretty good premise.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 22:16   Link #53
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Whether Nazuna has ever been kissed before raises the question of her age. Seems implausible if she's hundreds of years old like Mina Tepes in Dance in the Vampire Bund.
It's hard to gauge Nazuna's actual age but it seems like everything she owns dates back to the 90's/early 2000's.
Old 2022-08-04, 13:02   Link #54
Frontier

So vampires in this setting aren't killed by sunlight (although it seems like the daylight is still the time when they sleep if Nazuna is any indication) but they still don't have reflections. Makes me wonder what else is true or isn't true about vampires here ?

Even vampires like Nazuna go through relatable human moments...losing in a game because of a stupid item, missing a package, not knowing what to do with yourself. But all Nazuna wants is to have fun at night .

It's all fun and games playing a cat and having Sora Amamiya make cat noises until you realize where that things' been and it doesn't smell great

Bathing Nazuna! Naked and with her hair down! And she looks so beautiful and radiant !

Lucky Ko-kun that Nazuna runs right out of that bathhouse the moment she hears from him and he gets to witness her straight out of the bath look and the fact that she's wearing nothing under that hoodie. Quite the sight .

Ko has a lot of mixed feelings about Nazuna now with his growing attraction mixed in with his desire to become a vampire through falling in love with her, and the fact that he now regards her as a friend. I guess the perks of all this spiraling emotions is it makes him tastier to Nazuna .

I guess I'm not surprised these two ended up in a love hotel, but I love how Nazuna was foiled from watching the real raunchy stuff that you have to pay extra for .

Nazuna has had her way with the blood of both men and women and she's not embarrassed to say it, even if Ko feels a little possessive about it. But he should take pride in the fact that he's now her one and only source of blood .

So what is Nazuna's night job? A Professional cuddler? Where she wears nurse outfit that shows off her ample legs? Where she gives massages? Where do I sign up ?

Ko trying in vain to keep his thoughts clean as he gets a good feel of Nazuna's thighs as she presses against him in a thorough massage and practically shoves them into his face. Again, lucky dog .

Of course Nazuna is a professional business and one of her repeat clients shows up at the same time things are getting good between her and Ko, but Nazuna would rather game than work after having her way with Ko so she saddles Ko with the job. And the idea of feeling up a grown woman doesn't work on him, so how about the promise of money and another kiss? I think that snagged him .
Old 2022-08-04, 13:52   Link #55
grecefar

Now is nazuna who can't wait to see ko at night xD

I doubt the customer will let ko give the massage.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 16:07   Link #56
Strahan

That isn't a very big apartment, I'd think sound would carry. Kinda expected the customer to stick her head in and be like yea, I heard all that... I'm (cool with | absolutely not cool with) this kid giving it a shot lol.

I'm totally with him on his reaction when he caught up with her that night. Post bath Nazuna is way hotter with her hair down. After seeing that and hearing her explanation about feelings and blood, I'd be hard pressed to not say something like "well... imagine what my blood will taste like post coital"
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 17:59   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As soon as Nazuna heard the watch she immediately jumped out of the bath. Makes me wonder who's going to fall in love first...

I was kinda surprised she actually has a job, she kills two birds with one stone by earning money and getting free meals in one go. The problem is that she loves Ko's blood so much she has been neglecting her clients. It doesn't help that she is also super lazy. In fact, how does she even making a living given how low her rates her? The priciest option is only 4k yen.
Old 2022-08-05, 03:14   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Don't forget the add-ons...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 03:43   Link #59
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
That isn't a very big apartment, I'd think sound would carry. Kinda expected the customer to stick her head in and be like yea, I heard all that... I'm (cool with | absolutely not cool with) this kid giving it a shot lol.
It's Japan. I'd more expect her to just hear it through the walls because they don't keep out a damned iota of sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
In fact, how does she even making a living given how low her rates her? The priciest option is only 4k yen.
I'd assume that, somehow, the apartment is already paid off. If so, she'd only need money for entertainment and utilities.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 03:49   Link #60
EroKing

I'd like a massage from Nazuna too, my shoulders are always killing me...