AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-29, 17:05   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Golden Kamuy has to be the show with the highest amount of nutjobs I've ever seen, and I guess that's part of its charm. Usami, WTF? And of course it was all part of Tsurumi's manipulations.

I'm not sure how Ogata managed to regroup with Hijikata. Don't they switch hideouts regularly?

We finally saw the shirtless prisoner featured so prominently in the poster for this season. Seems like he might be the key to getting to the gold without having all the skins, though as Asirpa pointed that would make everything they did until now pointless so I doubt it will work.
Old 2023-05-30, 20:49   Link #82
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well get a backstory on Tsurumi and Usami relationship talk about a sociopath leading the psychopath
Old 2023-05-30, 21:41   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The percentage of characters who are serial killers in this series is hilariously high. If the real world were like this there’d be none of the rest of us left.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-05, 08:12   Link #84
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Caught up. The amount of gay jokes and brutalities sure are insane.
Old 2023-06-05, 14:50   Link #85
Jaden

In any other show whenever a woman gives birth: "Uhh just scream as loud as you can, and let's smear everything in fake blood, that'll be good drama"

Golden Kamyu: "Top 10 weird Ainu remedies for safe birthing!"
Old 2023-06-05, 18:19   Link #86
grecefar

I'm happy that inkarmat hostage situation was solved quickly and they manage to get together and escape in the end with their child.

good for koito, even if he still has full trust on tsurumi there are line that you shouldn't cross and he did the right thing.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-05, 18:53   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given how much killing there is in this show it was refreshing to see a new life being born. Hopefully Tanigaki and Inkarmat will stay away from the conflict and only reappear in the epilogue, but I doubt it since Tanigaki has a debt to repay and he's a very honorable man.

Koito positively surprised me. He hasn't lost faith in Tsurumi but he isn't willing to blindly execute his orders anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Golden Kamyu: "Top 10 weird Ainu remedies for safe birthing!"
Always delivering on the Ainu trivia. Nutjobs, gore, and manly naked men non-withstanding this show is actually very educational. Serious lack of brain eating this season though, that's one of the staple of this show!
Old 2023-06-06, 11:27   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Given how much killing there is in this show it was refreshing to see a new life being born. Hopefully Tanigaki and Inkarmat will stay away from the conflict and only reappear in the epilogue, but I doubt it since Tanigaki has a debt to repay and he's a very honorable man.
Agreed. I hope they can just live peacefully as a family, but it doesn't look like Tanigaki's completely willing to let go.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-06, 19:26   Link #89
Wandering Soul

You know things are messed up when Koito of all people is the voice of reason.
Old 2023-06-06, 20:40   Link #90
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Genjirou shrugging off getting shot like its nothing all to rescue Inkarmat

So that guy got so smashed that getting stepped on the face and didnt even wake up
Old 2023-06-09, 06:35   Link #91
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched the latest episode. Thank god Tsukishima stopped hunting a couple with recently born child cos it made him look like a cardboard villain for a second.
Old 2023-06-09, 11:03   Link #92
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Man, Botaro...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-09, 11:18   Link #93
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Tanigaki finally did the face.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 17:05   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If you disregard the fact he drowned innocent people, Pirate seems like a pretty cool guy. The yakuza guy he tried to kill for his tattoos made a very good point: if even one of the prisoners die in a way that permanently damages his tattoo, solving the code would be impossible. And he seemed pretty sure it was impossible already. That said, I doubt the cast has been collecting all those skins for nothing.

We got a very rare look at Sugimoto's past, recounting how his whole immortal thing started.
Old 2023-06-12, 17:48   Link #95
grecefar

well, has all the convinct already appear?, who knows if one of them already die and the tattoo is lost or one of the skins the groups own is destroyed in the future, thinking about it is true that everything can go to hell pretty easy.

there has to be another way if this happens.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-13, 09:39   Link #96
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Japan suffered from a smallpox epidemic in 1907-08, a bit too late to have hit Sugimoto's parents, but the disease had persisted in Japan since around 735 when it was brought to Japan's shores from Korea. During the Edo period the Shogunate opposed the introduction of vaccination as part of its anti-Western policies. (I recommend the excellent anime Hidamari no Ki by Osamu Tezuka about his grandfather and great-grandfather who tried to introduce "Dutch" medicine.)

An article in the 1910 New York Times compares the epidemic in Japan to one that hit the US that year. It shows the death rate in the US was much lower because of more widespread vaccination.

Tuberculosis has apparently plagued Japan for centuries.

"Tuberculosis (TB) is a potentially serious infectious disease that caused a public health crisis in Japan from the Meiji Period until the mid-forties. It was the number one cause of death in Japan until 1950, killing more than 100,000 people every year."

Japan's response to an uptick in tuberculosis cases in the late 19th century was feeble at best. A 1910 review reports, "The anti-tuberculosis movement in Japan is still in its infancy." (https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...66085010800766)

Perhaps not too surprising for a country whose popular media claim that if you get cold or wet you will nearly always be infected with a viral cold.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-13, 11:14   Link #97
Jaden

TB is a fun disease that can't be fully prevented by vaccination, takes 6+ months of therapy to recover from, and still stays latent forever. It takes quite a lot money and organization to abolish.

Sugimoto is almost certainly infected, too, but the chance of developing disease during a lifetime is only about 5% for the general population. Stories like a whole family getting wiped out by TB are very unusual, but plausible with genetic suspectibility.
Old 2023-06-13, 20:51   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got to hand it to that one guy handing out free candy but you got to pay to see his nipples Then that postman looked a lot cool then he actually is
Old 2023-06-16, 14:15   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If you disregard the fact he drowned innocent people, Pirate seems like a pretty cool guy. The yakuza guy he tried to kill for his tattoos made a very good point: if even one of the prisoners die in a way that permanently damages his tattoo, solving the code would be impossible. And he seemed pretty sure it was impossible already. That said, I doubt the cast has been collecting all those skins for nothing.

We got a very rare look at Sugimoto's past, recounting how his whole immortal thing started.
Does anyone know how the code works? Aside from maybe Asirpa.

Do you really need all the tattoos? Can you figure it out if you have enough tattoos? Are some tattoos merely decoys and unneeded?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-16, 18:26   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Does anyone know how the code works? Aside from maybe Asirpa.

Do you really need all the tattoos? Can you figure it out if you have enough tattoos? Are some tattoos merely decoys and unneeded?
Asirpa knows how it works and still seems to think you need all of them. Even if there are unneeded tattoos, what if an important one was already lost?