AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-14, 22:05   Link #61
Alchemist007
*Author

The show is an ad to buy the game soundtrack, because it's just that good.
Old 2023-01-15, 19:46   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sounds bad to say. But this show is so darn weird. Great music, great visuals, good setting, but really weird. Let's just follow a random robot walking around for several minutes because why not?

If nothing else this show does stand out.
Old 2023-01-15, 19:51   Link #63
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Klashikari should be happy with this episode. It was almost entirely content that wasn't in the game.
Although I didn't expect entire episodes to be anime exclusive, yep, call me sold the efforts done for this episode.
And coincidentally, I appreciate the fact they had an episode focused on the rise of the machines but also the android of the resistance. One of the few issues I had with the game is how most lore points about them was mostly text or side quests. So seeing them exposed in such fashion is great, and it doesn't feel artificial by any means. I expect anime only people a bit puzzled about certain scenes put together as if they were quite disjointed, but it definitely fit the original plot.

Granted, it is still 2B and 9S tale, so I don't think it would be necessary to have multiple episodes like that, but so long the plot and the screenplay have some divergences compared to the game while still being consistent in the narrative, I have no more complaint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The show is an ad to buy the game soundtrack, because it's just that good.
Yoko Tarou is notorious for being vocal about him quite jealous (?) of the composer, his old friend Okabe
Old 2023-01-15, 20:48   Link #64
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's almost unfair to compare the soundtrack of the anime/game to the rest of animedom in general, because Okabe at his absolute worst is still better than 50% of OSTs.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 04:42   Link #65
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sounds bad to say. But this show is so darn weird. Great music, great visuals, good setting, but really weird. Let's just follow a random robot walking around for several minutes because why not?
It is actually a fanservice, specifically for the hard core ones.
It told the aftermath of Little Flower that only hard core fans are going to take notice.
And it is genius that it was told in the style of Deserving of Life.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 06:26   Link #66
Friday
Im shy too...

ep 2

a droid story....

how many we know of that
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 07:02   Link #67
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The redhaired girls are the immortal singers of the first Nier right? I remember one singing in the main town. Also, we saw a Drakengard reference in that old news. What caught me by surprise was the writer's decision to use the 2B's line "Your voice is comforting" to 9S. It was hilarious in the English dub but in the Japanese version it feels way different.

I guess the anime will be one cour but I'm pretty sure they'll kinda change the ending since the definitve ending only seemed to work as a video game ending. The bad ending we had this week was funny but I never really got it in the game. Do they also use Yoko Taro there? Talking about Yoko Taro, I also wonder how we'll see Emill considering it's his avatar to hide his face
Old 2023-01-16, 07:17   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The redhaired girls are the immortal singers of the first Nier right?
The ones in Nier died at the end of the game. That's all I'll say, the rest could be considered spoilers. I suspect the anime will expand on their backstories.
Old 2023-01-16, 08:39   Link #69
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The ones in Nier died at the end of the game.
Oh yeah. Now I remember their twist from the original Nier game. It was kinda crazy
Old 2023-01-17, 10:21   Link #70
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

a bit creepy.. but episode became emotional for me later on. Those three small yellow eye robots who were peacefully gardening.. it looks like those robots with red eyes tore them apart?

also that big yellow eye robot. Looks like he evolved one more time before he died, his eyes turned green.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-21, 12:06   Link #71
Shadow5YA

The airing for the rest of the episodes after 3 have been delayed due to COVID affecting production.

https://twitter.com/niera_anime_en/s...2vGLJwheXVgX8g
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-21, 12:17   Link #72
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The airing for the rest of the episodes after 3 have been delayed due to COVID affecting production.

Word on some other areas is that it's Aniplex's fault for taking on too many projects at once and lousy scheduling, hence this excuse.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-21, 13:27   Link #73
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn. Last year 86 suffered and now this. No matter if it's really Covid or Aniplex bad planning in general. Why it's always the best A1 show that suffers?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-21, 17:22   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

Noticing how many mobs the duo doesn't have to fight compared to the game. Also full coop play in the show.

Could've been a 'story' difficulty mode.
Old 2023-01-21, 19:30   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've played the game so a delay doesn't matter to me but it's still a shame.

After more than half a decade, I finally found out why Yohra units wear blindfolds thanks to this anime! They're actually goggles, I had no idea.

I suspected as much last week but Lily completely replaced Anemone in this adaptation. Curious why they made that change. Jackass is really different from the image I had in my mind. She made you do crazy stuff in the game for the sake of her experiments, but she never seemed so overly-enthusiastic. Lack of voice acting + localization issues, I guess?

9S seeing a very important event from Nier Replicant when he hacked the big machine was anime original and a very nice touch.

I was surprised they actually kept the robot orgy. The fight against [name redacted] didn't do a good job conveying just how quickly he evolved. They beat him way too easily.

It was a really nice episode overall.
Old 2023-01-21, 21:09   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Covid remains a very serious public health crisis in Japan and worldwide. But it's also given anime productions a built-in excuse for the same nonsense they've always pulled.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-22, 06:34   Link #77
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

Jackass talks weird, but she is actually quite alert.. the only one who avoided falling into the sand.

ok, and that escalated quickly. 2B and 9S are now fighting angry naked machine man who has what looks like blood?

looking forward to next week!
Old 2023-01-22, 19:48   Link #78
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

I'm not too torn up as I played the game, but I hope this doesn't go the way of 86.
Old 2023-01-23, 06:27   Link #79
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Put on some pants robots. 2B is a lady with class when compared with the two new ones. Still, we finally had robots.... f#cking.
Old 2023-01-27, 04:40   Link #80
Liddo-kun
is this so?

forgot to say. When the naked man attacked them.. it reminded me of Jashin-chan, because the he attacked with a drop kick. lol

Tags
action, sci-fi