AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-06, 15:51   Link #61
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Too many still shots in episode 0 making the animation look weird.
Is it possible that you are talking about that part which got Censored by Crunchyroll for International release.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-06, 20:43   Link #62
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Is it possible that you are talking about that part which got Censored by Crunchyroll for International release.
One on line theory is the many staffs of StudioBind(the team created for making Mushoku Tensei) are recruited to do other anime project.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 07:59   Link #63
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...l-2024/.200063

Second half is next year
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 08:38   Link #64
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What was the censorship like? The scene where one soldier is killed by that wild animal?
Old 2023-07-07, 09:25   Link #65
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
What was the censorship like? The scene where one soldier is killed by that wild animal?
No it's the scene were the Prince was talking to that Bald Man in theater.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 13:54   Link #66
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In the original, the older guy was fondling the butt of the assassin girl on his knee. The CR release showed his hand on her back. Nothing important was lost in translation.

I don't believe Crunchyroll has much to do with any of this. It depends on which version of a show the production committee sends to CR. Usually they get the TV versions with censoring.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-09, 10:59   Link #67
Frontier

Rudeus is back! And he's traveling north to a snowy land known for it's magic! But he's still pretty despondent and depressed over what happened with Eris, even to the point of barely making conversation when a nice gal like Suzanne tries to get to know him on their travels. Also, was that Yuu Kobayashi ?

Sara looks like Zenith but with Eris' personality. Is there something Freudian about that ?

Ah dang, Rudy still has Eris' hair. Guys' first heartbreak is still weighing on him, especially when he's no closer to finding Zenith. And it's just bringing back bad emotional trauma from his past life and just making him so lifeless .

Nothing cements a breakup then by officially leaving the guild you were both in. But it offers Rudy the perfect opportunity to join Counter Arrow with Suzanne, Sara, and their gang! They seem like a pretty lively and fun bunch and it's not like Rudy has anything better to do, even if he doesn't want to be around people .

Oh hey, their leader Timothy is voiced by Wataru Hatano. Cool .

It's all well and good when you find a band of grizzlies you can easily slay...until you get ambushed by even more grizzlies ready to pounce and slaughter you. But watching Counter Arrow keep fighting and working together even when the odds are against them (in a beautiful sequence) reminds Rudy what it means to be alive and to work with others, and he's back to his old self again when he throws a giant fireball to finish off the Grizzlies. Nice !

Nothing wins people over by buying a round for everybody! And Rudy gets to be praised and appreciated, which is something he's missed. And it seems like he's really getting along well with Counter Arrow now. I'm happy for him .

I thought he was just clutching Eris' hair to comfort himself during his panic attacks and anxiety, but no...it's Roxy's panties! He had them the whole time! And it reminds him of everything Roxy taught him, of all he's experienced at this point, and all the things that gave him a reason to live. Sure Eris leaving him sucked, but he's still got plenty to live for. And it seems like he's taken the first step to moving on by throwing Eris' hair into the fire .
Old 2023-07-09, 11:14   Link #68
EroKing

The art and animation looks fine, unlike in episode 0. Like a few people thought, the decision to make that episode 0 must have come late and didn't get enough time for its production.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 14:16.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-09, 14:39   Link #69
magnuskn

Solid episode one, Rudeus getting back to himself after what happened was good to see. I'm very much looking forward to what is about to come.
Old 2023-07-09, 15:13   Link #70
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

We're back, baby!

I thought that Rudeus was reaching for Eri's hair in his pouch, but man, was I wrong. Should've known better.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-09, 15:50   Link #71
Strahan

Glad to see this come back. Further glad to see emo Rudeus was terminated by the end of the first ep, he finally let it go and is moving on. I'm a bit of a vindictive dick; were it me, when that blond archer came up to thank me after the bear battle I'd have just turned my back to her and walked off while she was working up to thanking him. I'd ghost her like Bill Burr talked about around 3:52 lol. Don't come try to play nice with me after being such an abrasive bitch. Maybe if she led with an apology that'd be different. Then again, Rudeus seems to have a thing for tsunderes so I am sure he'll end up friends with her. I personally can't stand them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Don't mash up everyone in the "western audience" like this. I love world building.
Ditto. I'm a westerner, and I quite enjoy it too. In fact, if anything, I go the opposite direction of action junkies. I find myself fast forwarding fights sometimes. I am far more interested in storytelling versus action/clashes. Like with Hero Academia, the fights can be interesting but what I primarily like to see is the day to day life with quirks and the interpersonal interactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
After watching ep 0, I ranted to a friend about how classic fantasy is just fine without any isekai bullshit, why is that shit so popular again, Sylphie main character let's go, and so on.

He immediately countered with "Okay dude, but didn't the episode start with Sylphie getting figuratively isekai'd?"

Never lost an argument so fast, please help
I'd say that's not a loss, since his claim is spurious. Teleporting to a different spot in the world is hardly the same as being sent to a totally foreign world. "Figuratively" still doesn't pass muster, too many things are not the same.

Isekai being popular doesn't annoy me; what annoys me is when they have one but it's meaningless. Like they don't really have the protag leverage their otherworldly knowledge for anything useful, and where if you excise the isekai aspect nothing in the story really changes. I prefer it to actually make a difference. Like 80k coins how she
Spoiler:
, lol, or Honzuki where she uses her know how to "invent" modern products.

Last edited by Strahan; 2023-07-09 at 16:00.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-09, 16:11   Link #72
magnuskn

A few of the new "classic" isekai shows have become so cookie cutter standard that they don't even really bother with the set-up anymore. Everybody knows that the bland MC will get truck-kun'ed or die from overwork or blahblublahsnore... then give him his harem, where he never really gets anywhere with any of the girls and send him off fighting the generic demon lord. Add MMO-menu statblocks and inventories for extra genericness.
Old 2023-07-09, 18:00   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The worst part of seeing Rudeus so depressed is that it all stems from a massive misunderstanding because Eris is terrible at communication and more importantly a complete dumbass. Changing the farewell note to "I'm going to train on my own so I can by worthy to stand beside you" would have solved everything. I bet they're both going to feel really dumb when they reunite, Eris in particular since Rudeus has moved on from her and will probably have a new girlfriend by then.
Old 2023-07-09, 18:20   Link #74
grecefar

I thought it was going to take more chapters for him to realized that he has more people important to him besides eris and after what she did he should just need to move on, I'm glad he burned her hair.

I know he is going to forgive her some day and I'm not looking foward to it but I'll enjoy this part without her.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-09, 23:40   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The worst part of seeing Rudeus so depressed is that it all stems from a massive misunderstanding because Eris is terrible at communication and more importantly a complete dumbass. Changing the farewell note to "I'm going to train on my own so I can by worthy to stand beside you" would have solved everything. I bet they're both going to feel really dumb when they reunite, Eris in particular since Rudeus has moved on from her and will probably have a new girlfriend by then.
If only Eris knew about Dear John letters...then again, she still probably would've screwed it up .
Old 2023-07-10, 00:25   Link #76
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She meant well, but due to her not being able to write well and inability to express herself properly, delivered it in the most devastatingly bad way.
Old 2023-07-10, 03:17   Link #77
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Still can't take Rudeus seriously when he's still carrying those panties around.

And I was hoping they would have been a bit harsh on him even if he was depressed. Sure them getting surrounded was unexpected but Rudeus was a dead weight up until he had his hero moment(because of course he does, he's the main character). They could all have died from the bears but they didn't say a thing to him about not doing anything since he had that firepower with him all this time. He's still only thinking of himself and could have killed this party because of his depression. And he gets away scot-free from that because of course he does. Can't have any negative consequences for his actions as the best isekai protagonist out there.
It's not as bad and frustrating as Eminence in Shadow but I still can't praise the show as much as the majority. It doesn't click with me that much as how others praise and love this series.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 03:29   Link #78
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
It's not as bad and frustrating as Eminence in Shadow but I still can't praise the show as much as the majority. It doesn't click with me that much as how others praise and love this series.
It's a good point, but that is the difference. Cid in Eminence in Shadow is a full psychopath who will happily let someone die because waiting would mean he'd look cooler. Killing people in proximity is also not an issue for him. Everything is just a performance and wish fulfillment to him, it's all a little story game in his head that the girls are still playing along with.

Rudeus was depressed and basically ready to stagger right into his own death. Stupid reason behind it, but others saw the bleakness in him even if they weren't ready to pry into the exact reason why. Suzanne and the Counter Arrow's leader knew it, I assume they've both seen it before.

Rudeus needed to mature past the feeling of being left by his very first girlfriend, and he thankfully did in a nice and quick narrative arc.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 05:30   Link #79
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Still can't take Rudeus seriously when he's still carrying those panties around.

And I was hoping they would have been a bit harsh on him even if he was depressed. Sure them getting surrounded was unexpected but Rudeus was a dead weight up until he had his hero moment(because of course he does, he's the main character). They could all have died from the bears but they didn't say a thing to him about not doing anything since he had that firepower with him all this time. He's still only thinking of himself and could have killed this party because of his depression. And he gets away scot-free from that because of course he does. Can't have any negative consequences for his actions as the best isekai protagonist out there.
He literally was about to let himself get killed by that bear, because he was so depressed that he just didn't care what was happening. And then he saved everybody. Why would they then turn on him when the alternative would have been a 100% certainty that all of them would be dead? They would have gone on this quest without him, anyway, and just took him along out of pity. I don't get your reasoning at all.
Old 2023-07-10, 06:22   Link #80
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

They were a party, even if Rudeus was a new recruit. Pulling their own weight and contributing to the success and the survival of the party is essential. Yet Rudeus just stood there when they got surrounded and didn't shoot magic or do anything. One of them could have died coz of him not doing anything. Of course no one would die(yet) but what if someone did. Especially because of a newbie not pulling his weight or shooting a fireball that he could have possibly shot rather than get the party injured.
Not even one word saying he could have done it earlier or at least stop being a dead weight in a life and death situation or saying he shouldn't be outside with that mindset. He gets away scot-free from that. They were too easy on the newbie even if he was depressed and it could have costed their lives. A total stranger not doing anything until the end could have killed them but sure, since he wiped all the enemies he's okay now in their books. They should be wary of his behavior as a party member from here on but of course he'll be the best member from now on. When his depression could have killed them. He recovered from that now so yeah, he'll be fine with them. The consequences of this is not gonna be important at all coz Rudeus is awesome.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, isekai