AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 04:46   Link #1
LynnieS

Gundam SEED DESTINY (Phase 7 Discussion)

Once again, first impressions only along with the usual disclaimers.

And just a friendly reminder that you're on your own next week. Back to the scheduled program...

If you are looking for action scenes,

Spoiler:

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 04:53   Link #2
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Meh, I'm not too cool on the fact that

Spoiler:

I guess I'll have to watch the episode to see how they pull it off.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 04:59   Link #3
MrBrown

Spoiler:
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 05:00   Link #4
LynnieS

I'm calling it

Spoiler:

Almost forgot.

Spoiler:

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 05:40   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel

Spoiler:

Zakus are NOT cannon fodders, only a selected few of aces and commanders gets to pilot them. Cannon fodders are those getting piloted by nameless thugs.

About
Spoiler:
That's hardly something new.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 05:44   Link #6
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:

Spoiler:

Go see Zeta Gundam Ep 11.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 05:47   Link #7
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Zakus are NOT cannon fodders, only a selected few of aces and commanders gets to pilot them. Cannon fodders are those getting piloted by nameless thugs.

About
Spoiler:
That's hardly something new.
So soon though? Don't remember that happening. And yeah, all those Zakus Gundam took down in MSG were real aces. "Ace pilots" usually have some form of customized Zakus, in which we are not talking about right now, since Athrun's is a basic Zaku Warrior, and just because Athrun is a veteran pilot doesn't make his suit magically customized so that it can survive re-entry. So yes, regular Zakus ARE cannon fodder.
Old 2004-11-27, 05:55   Link #8
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

This argument reminds me of whether the Rick Dias is a mass produced cannon fodder.....

Result :- Prototype Cannon Fodder which are sent out for test by Aces.
Old 2004-11-27, 05:58   Link #9
dreamless

Regular Zaku Warriors are available only to a selected few aces, and Zaku Phantoms are available only to a selected few commanders. There are no "customized Zakus" in Destiny, only different painting colors. And currently in Destiny Zakus are definitely NOT cannon fodders because every single one of the Zakus is piloted by an important character. You won't see Zakus blowing up everywhere unless it gets pilots by some unimportant side characters.

And in V Gundam practically anything can do an atmospheric entry

Also in V, the V1 Gundam was really special when it's piloted by Usso, but after Usso upgrades to V2 and V1s are passed to the masses, there are V1s blowing up like they are made of cardboard

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-11-27 at 06:09.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:07   Link #10
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Considering that the technology in V is more advanced than what is shown in Destiny right now. (Smaller suits that are capable of atmospheric flight,etc)

It'll be better for Zeta to be shown as an example.

Besides, Destiny is a rip-off of Zeta.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:14   Link #11
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Regular Zaku Warriors are available only to a selected few aces, and Zaku Phantoms are available only to a selected few commanders. There are no "customized Zakus" in Destiny, only different painting colors. And currently in Destiny Zakus are definitely NOT cannon fodders because every single one of the Zakus is piloted by an important character. You won't see Zakus blowing up everywhere unless it gets pilots by some unimportant side characters.

Also in V, the V1 Gundam was really special when it's piloted by Usso, but after Usso upgrades to V2 and V1s are passed to the masses, there are V1s blowing up like they are made of cardboard
Yeah, and how many years are there between V Gundam and MSG? Okay, write that number down. Now think of how many years are there between SEED and Destiny. Got it? Okay now look at your paper or what have you. Do you see any difference in years? Hmm? Thank about that. And I believe you sir are talking about Zakus in general, not Zaku Warriors which are in fact cannon fodder when nothing special is done to it and there's a sucky pilot.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:22   Link #12
dreamless

Anything is cannon fodder when there's a sucky pilot. It has been shown that V1s are cannon fodders when the pilots suck, Z Gundams are cannon fodders when the pilots suck.

what do you mean by Zakus in general? there are only two types of Zakus in Destiny, Zaku Warriors which are only available to aces and Zaku Phantoms which are only available to commanders.

Well, as pointed out by MakubeX2, in Z Gundam anything with a ballute system can do atmospheric re-entry.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:27   Link #13
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Anything is cannon fodder when there's a sucky pilot. It has been shown that V1s are cannon fodders when the pilots suck, Z Gundams are cannon fodders when the pilots suck.

what do you mean by Zakus in general? there are only two types of Zakus in Destiny, Zaku Warriors which are only available to aces and Zaku Phantoms which are only available to commanders.

Well, as pointed out by MakubeX2, in Z Gundam anything with a ballute system can do atmospheric re-entry.
There is also a TIME DIFFERENCE.
Old 2004-11-27, 06:32   Link #14
DwArD
mAnIaC

That Blue Cosmos new leader sure is freaking me out. Well, I already knew he will use that sort of excuses to blame ZAFT for all the damage. Looks like a war is inevitable. And am I right to conclude that Athrun is coaching the newbies? Seemed kinda interesting....Luna's taking action already? Hmm...that's fast. I still can't believe Cagalli is still trying to talk to Shinn. She gotta know someone like Shinn takes a looooong time to recover .
Old 2004-11-27, 07:56   Link #15
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
There is also a TIME DIFFERENCE.
And you are also forgetting the fact that there's a huge difference on how EA/ZAFT produce their suits now and in CE 71. There's a limit on the number of MS that each side can have, which means that both sides now need to concentrate on building a force that aren't cannon fodder so that the numbers and strength evens out. So if they make each unit almost as good as a Gundam which they did have the ability to make even though they are more expensive, that doesn't break any laws, does it?

Quote:
She gotta know someone like Shinn takes a looooong time to recover .
It's not the recovery factor, from this ep, its obvious that Shinn just has strong beliefs and won't budge from them... I guess it'll be interesting where this leads... But really, even Vino and Youlan are getting fed up with Shinn vs Cagalli so here's to hope that Cagalli gets off the ship soon so that she can finally be rid of this problem...

Though Shinn did a good job making Athrun get a bit distant from Cagalli too. So lets let the soapy stuff start.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-11-27 at 08:31.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 09:17   Link #16
tatsit

Epi 7,
Spoiler:
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 09:58   Link #17
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsit
Epi 7,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:00   Link #18
wao
OK.

Kira said like what, 3 seconds of stuff, and his voice actor credit was still one of the first to be shown... like wtf :P

I doubt that bit where Cagalli and Meyrin are sighing in relief on the ship (separately) have anything to do with Stellar's sigh, so no reuse in animation there - the more obvious one was when Talia was leaning forward. Can I say again I don't like her voice and hairstyle? Ramius is soooo much better <3

Lacus's song this time was really nice with all the visuals and all. It is called "Fields of Hope" and is composed/arranged by Yuki Kajiura! \o/

Spoiler for I don't know why the hell you guys are putting spoiler tags in a thread where the title makes it clear that it's about ep 7, but...:

I'm seriously getting a bit tired of Shin, though... Looks like next ep he looks at the handphone again... And that blue-haired gangster looking person, I'm betting it's that prime minister's son or whatever, the dude that apparently hugs Cagalli...
Old 2004-11-27, 10:02   Link #19
Panon

Zaku's are superior units to the SEED universes first generation Gundams - which themselves could perform atmospheric reentry.

Jesus, this isn't exactly rocket science to figure out.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:04   Link #20
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
Zaku's are superior units to the SEED universes first generation Gundams - which themselves could perform atmospheric reentry.

Jesus, this isn't exactly rocket science to figure out.
Thats true, the zaku side pannel can take beam hits, surely that proves that the zaku is a force superior model in the SEED timeline
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote