Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-26, 05:10   Link #9321
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I've lost count of how long I've only been logging on for Garrisons. But on the bright side, I should reach 3 million gold before all gold missions are wiped out in Legion.

Demon Hunters early access...nice...
I just now thought about it. But if wow tokens are 42,000 per like what I'm reading. You can play WoW for free for 6 years only buying the expansions with that gold.

I haven't been keeping up with Legion news because I'm not really interested myself. So I'm curious to hear how Legion is shaping.
Old 2016-06-26, 08:14   Link #9322
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I just now thought about it. But if wow tokens are 42,000 per like what I'm reading. You can play WoW for free for 6 years only buying the expansions with that gold.

I haven't been keeping up with Legion news because I'm not really interested myself. So I'm curious to hear how Legion is shaping.
Tokens are limited to 10 per lifetime.

As for Legion, watch vids by Nobbel87 on Youtube. He's the least opinionated and focuses on information and lore rather than OP/nerf rants.
Old 2016-06-26, 08:32   Link #9323
GDB

Quote:
Tokens are limited to 10 per lifetime.
No they're not. From the source:

Quote:
A maximum of 36 Tokens every 24 months may be purchased for gold via the Auction House, to be used for game time.

Players may hold a maximum of 10 Tokens in their inventory at one time. This limit is shared across all characters on the Battle.net account.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 09:39   Link #9324
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, that contradicts what multiple people and even a GM told me...

I guess my stash of 3 million will finally have a use.
Old 2016-07-14, 02:19   Link #9325
Westlo
Lets be reality

Wish I had bought tokens when they were still sub 20k.... wish I didn't just use 6 of them and than pretty much quit the game way back... Oh well I'm back for the next 7 weeks up to legion and see how long I stick around... but considering Mists is the only xpac I played pretty much full on apart from TBC... chances aren't high...

I actually never hit max level on my initial play through of Wrath and Cata so I guess having 2 Level 100's for WOD it was decent leveling experience...

Anyway just have to say that the redone Warrior animations are legit as fuck... dat whirlwind... Might make my warrior my true main for Legion.... was always be 1B to my mages 1A in terms of my main character... but never bothered to level past 91 in WOD.... I'll probably level my monk on Blackrock or Druid on Cael though first since Frostmourne is going to get 4-5 hour queues for the first month or so.... Druid's on another account so queue for fm while playing on that I guess....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 03:07   Link #9326
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I love Rogue Outlaw, so fun... I need to find a Bloodborne or Pirate transmog.
Old 2016-07-14, 03:36   Link #9327
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ I saw that they redid some Rogue animations as well, going to level my 80 Rogue when the pre patch hits as well.

And holy shit @ the inflation on the TCG mounts... what happened? Easy Garrison gold bumped up prices, dupes stopped or a combination of both?

I remember buying a feldrake for 125k.. they now go for 850k... smh... guess I missed the boat on getting a spectral tiger... that shits gonna go above the current gold cap when legion hits...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 05:08   Link #9328
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ I saw that they redid some Rogue animations as well, going to level my 80 Rogue when the pre patch hits as well.
Yeah they did, some pretty cool underhand swings now, also pistol shot.
Old 2016-07-19, 00:24   Link #9329
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Pre-patch is coming in the next 12 or so hours and maintenance for it is beyond then.

If you can, get on and open any salvage boxes on your toons and vendor all the armor/weapon stuff used by followers. If you get any good xmog stuff, you may find the next few days will see a spike in xmog gear prices.

Note that garrison gold missions will be effectively gone once the pre-patch goes live. Glyphs will be gone too for the greater part. Supposedly the xmog database will be in the pre-patch.

After clearing out all salvage boxes on my toons and vendoring all greens, scraps and armor/weapon stuff as well as sweeping missions for the last time, managed to crack the 3 million gold mark across my account. Decent result considering I started WoD with 70k.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2016-07-19 at 00:47.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 11:20   Link #9330
Skane
Anime Snark

Loving the Mistweaver changes! Protection Warrior is my main toon though, and I am feeling kinda lost with it. Somehow I feel much squishier, and apparently all my Crit is now almost worthless. Suppose to switch to Haste and Mastery, but it is going to be such a pain...
Old 2016-07-20, 19:05   Link #9331
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The general advice I'd give to anyone is that right now, all classes and specs are tuned to be what they should be for Level 110 AND having the Artifact weapon. So it's meant to feel incomplete at present. Heck, right now 8 spells and my Mage is out of Mana in Arcane and Fire - only Frost isn't an utter mana sink at present.

Beta testers said Enhancement Shaman, Feral Druid and Protection Paladin were in great spots at max level.
Old 2016-07-20, 20:07   Link #9332
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How's warlock? I've not played in a few months, but finished downloading everything early today.
Old 2016-07-20, 20:28   Link #9333
GDB

Quote:
Beta testers said Enhancement Shaman, Feral Druid and Protection Paladin were in great spots at max level.
And consequently, Ret Paladin is in a horrible spot and Holy Paladin is generic and outmatched by basically everything but Discipline Priest. Unlike Ret it's still very much viable, but a LOT of people are rerolling to Resto Druid/Shaman due to how bad the spec has become.

So I guess the main takeaway is... Shaman and Druid are in some of the best spots right now.

I had meant to re-up my subscription before the pre-patch to get some old content grinding in before it got nerfed, but thought it wasn't coming until next week so missed my chance. Now I'm not sure if I care enough to do any of the pre-patch content since the only thing worth a damn is the alt color legion armor, and I think I only have one token in stock to use for the time being.
Old 2016-07-20, 21:42   Link #9334
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Shaman and Druid are viable in all specs, as are Demon Hunters. Hard to go wrong with those three.

I've heard the pre-Legion stuff is in waves. Surely there's something significant to do aside from getting a mog set...Unless they figure new champ in Overwatch and friend-questing in Hearthstone will be enough distractions for the next month.

What did people think of updated faces? My main ended up changing to a very angry/black bags under the eyes one, so I changed it to the only cute-ish one left for Gnomes (Barber shop now does allow face changes). Night Elves look better with their very luminescent eyes, Humans somewhat better, Draenei didn't look significantly different.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2016-07-20 at 21:58.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 23:13   Link #9335
Skane
Anime Snark

Wait, they removed Frostfire Bolt from Frost Mages? How am I suppose to deal with Cold-Immuned mobs in WotLK? Got an alt Frost Mage levelling up there.
Old 2016-07-21, 01:14   Link #9336
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Wait, they removed Frostfire Bolt from Frost Mages? How am I suppose to deal with Cold-Immuned mobs in WotLK? Got an alt Frost Mage levelling up there.
Which levelling route are you doing? I preferred the Howling Fjord -> Grizzly Hills -> Sholazar Basin route. I know Borean Tundra can be the equivalent of the first two somewhat but...it gets somewhat tiresome.

Wouldn't the above path avoid immunity issues? I imagine only Dragonblight, Storm Peaks and Icecrown would be an issue. Also, those three really aren't worth doing these days.

Alternatively, you could do each instance once, that would rack up a reasonable amount.
Old 2016-07-21, 02:24   Link #9337
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Which levelling route are you doing? I preferred the Howling Fjord -> Grizzly Hills -> Sholazar Basin route. I know Borean Tundra can be the equivalent of the first two somewhat but...it gets somewhat tiresome.

Wouldn't the above path avoid immunity issues? I imagine only Dragonblight, Storm Peaks and Icecrown would be an issue. Also, those three really aren't worth doing these days.

Alternatively, you could do each instance once, that would rack up a reasonable amount.
Currently in Dragonblight. Was in Borean Tundra before, moving on to Grizzly Hills soon.
Old 2016-07-21, 13:15   Link #9338
GDB

Quote:
I've heard the pre-Legion stuff is in waves. Surely there's something significant to do aside from getting a mog set...Unless they figure new champ in Overwatch and friend-questing in Hearthstone will be enough distractions for the next month.
There's some lore quests, but I'm not sure why they think that's worthwhile content for bringing people back when you can just watch it on youtube in 10 minutes and save money/gold/tokens.
Old 2016-07-30, 00:57   Link #9339
Jaden

so Blizzard is putting out some animated lore shorts to hype Legion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW5IYrgOgYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3QJ8Pgjj3c

I think it's hilarious how Metzen tries to pretend Med'an doesn't exist and how embarrassed he is about including the comics in his canon.
Old 2016-07-30, 11:13   Link #9340
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, I was able to accomplish something in this pre-Legion time.

Finally managed to obtain an heirloom trinket from Mythic dungeons.

Orb of Voidsight - which scales to 110. Hence they are well worth getting. And I got it from my fave WoD dungeon - Iron Docks. Zoggosh and Koramar - you are too kind.

It's quite disheartening to see how much clown fiesta is possible with random people even in Mythics. But there are some good people. Even super-geared people in the 740s trying to get used to new specs and obtain more valor before Legion hits.

I've become quite comfortable with Fire Mage now. Marksman Hunter is also quite fun - they finally have put enough into the whole mix to make going the no pet path worth it.

Demon Hunters will be playable one week or so before Legion goes live.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows