AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-12, 06:33   Link #801
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

About bloody time! Might be able to convince 3 of my mates to change server.

I saw a blue post about Northrend flying but I've been unable to find it again. Now I was certain I saw the cost as being 9.5k gold, which made me choke in disbelief. Then a mate reckons he saw one saying 950g. Anyone know what the real cost is? Because I've looked for days and I can't find that post. Worldofraids is just circling through new material so fast these days. >< Can't find that damn post again. On that, I've also seen threads/blue posts indicating they may lower the initial/Outland costs for flying training. So not sure what is going regarding mounts.

Something I did see for certain - If you win a match of Lake Wintergrasp = 7500 honor and 150 Arena Points!!!! 10 wins and you're maxed out for honor! Wow....if that holds true to the release, that is SO thumbs up! Because farming in the existing BGs is so time consuming.
Old 2008-09-12, 07:29   Link #802
Muse
One day at a time....

I'm in beta now.

950g for flight training. The trainer is also part of the Kirin Tor faction, giving a nice reduction on the price when you hit honored.

EDIT:

Also, the arena points from winning Wintergrasp I believe are only in for a way for testers to get points to test out the gear.
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 08:49   Link #803
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So it is 950g...that is a huge relief.

Yeah, I thought it was weird they gave arena points for a BG. That explains why. I did see in a blue post that there are 4 dailies for Lake Wintergrasp, with some very nice bonus honour and gold to gain from them.
Old 2008-09-13, 02:51   Link #804
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Actually, it's not a relief. As cold weather flying used to be a quest reward. Still better than yet another 5000g though. But i feel pitty for player who just started playing.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 02:56   Link #805
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, they have to find ways for the gold farmers to spend or the in-game economy is screwed. After all, that was one of the major reasons the Shattered Sun title was made available.

There is discussion about reducing the costs from the earlier flying training. I hope that does happen.
Old 2008-09-13, 05:30   Link #806
Muse
One day at a time....

TBH, playing though Northrend. 3 zones done, at level 75 I had over 1k gold, and I started with less then 4 gold. Not to mention the dozens of daily quests I haven't even touched yet.

Money is no issue at the moment. The ring that costs 8500g at the moment is the only money sink that I forsee in the future, and it's not even necessary.
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 01:14   Link #807
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On a completely random whim, I decide to buy 1 pack of Hunt for Illidan TCG. Inside was the 'Footsteps of Illidan' loot card. O_O Not bad for $6.95 AUS. Now I can give a character permanently fel glowing feet.
Old 2008-09-14, 07:57   Link #808
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
On a completely random whim, I decide to buy 1 pack of Hunt for Illidan TCG. Inside was the 'Footsteps of Illidan' loot card. O_O Not bad for $6.95 AUS. Now I can give a character permanently fel glowing feet.
Actually that thing has a limited number of charges, hence why it is the least valuable of the loot cards. My friends and I bought a box of that set and ended up with 2 of those instead of the ones that are actually worth money. We were a bit luckier with the Betrayer set though, got the Nether Rocket which ebay'd for $275 US.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 10:38   Link #809
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well darn. -_- On the bright side, I only bought that one pack as a one-off because I wanted to be able to say I once did get a Loot card. I did, good enough. If it has limited charges, I don't think I'll scratch/use the card code. I'll just keep it for prosperity. The card itself looks nice.

A mate's friend once got the Spectral Tiger, but he had to buy 2 boxes to get it. He got the tiger from literally the final pack at the bottom of the 2nd box.
Old 2008-09-14, 10:46   Link #810
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Did he keep the tiger or sell it? It would be cool running around in-game with an item very few people have, but I really can't justify giving up $1000 for a vanity digital item on an account that is technically Blizzard's property and will be deleted if the game is ever shut down.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:02   Link #811
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

He kept it. He likes to pimp his character up. Full S4 and the tiger. There's an Alliance Rogue on my server that is even more extreme. He's done deals to pick up every Loot card made and pops up again when new ones are made. Seems to like it with his S4 and Sunwell sets.

Well, why would people do it instead of taking the IRL cash? E-peen. Pure and simple. But your logic makes more sense.

On game economics, the one thing that really makes me laugh is the epic bag Haris Pilton sells in the World's End Inn. A 20 slotter for 2k gold? 20 slotters will surely be craftable in Lich King. Why waste 2k now when you can get one cheaply made in Lich King? Also makes me wonder why people still spam Black Temple/Sunwell/S4 Arena when most of that gear will be outdone by Level 80.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:20   Link #812
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Some people just have more gold than they know what to do with, I used to know some of them. I doubt they will even consider it a waste once they are craftable in WotLK, it's likely they will be swimming in gold at 80 just like they were at 70 and even 60.

As far as raiding goes, I assume people are still doing it because they enjoy it. That's pretty much the only reason to do it period now anyway, since the gear isn't the best for pvp anymore, and you can get the gear that is by losing 10 games a week and afk'ing in bgs.
Old 2008-09-14, 12:57   Link #813
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Pilton's Bag is only 1,5k which is ok for a "free" 22 (yes, 22)-slot Bag. Myself, i even bought the cenarius hippogryph for yet another 1,5k. I bought the epic flying skill for three characters, and could buy it yet another two times.

The bag is a perfect example of a good money sink.
Flying mounts are way to important. You _need_ the speed if you don't wan't to go insane.. or use the flight paths (which in turn WILL drive you insane)

Quote:
Why waste 2k now when you can get one cheaply made in Lich King?
Because i want the space now and Lich King is still good 2 months away. I'm basically full most of the time because of wearing fun-items and i lose a whole slot because of my quiver.
It's not like i'm throwing my money out of the window. I have a habit sitting at least on 10'000 gold, or else i'll feel uneasy.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 03:28   Link #814
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

The end is nigh!

For the gold discussion I have 10.5K saved atm, I'm planing on taking that to back above 11K, maybe 12. However, I'm very very fickle so I might not get there. I'm also a tight-wad, I won't spend my gold on anything over 1k unless I really really really need it. I flew around most of BC on a 60% speed mount because 'it got the job done', not because I couldn't afford the fast mount. But god damn I loved the epic mount when I did get it. I'm also saving my gold for my DK's mount if it does become my main, that's about the only expenditure I could warrant. That would leave me ~5K for possible trade skills, or initial raiding expenses. But even so i really don't want to go bellow 10K again!

Some guildies have 50K though, the smart asses. PM's economy is so jacked.
Old 2008-09-15, 03:39   Link #815
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

November 13.....exam period for me, I think. ><
Old 2008-09-15, 03:44   Link #816
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I might be able to get two of my alts up to 70 by then. Rather than just having my main being the only 70. The third alt (first one really)...I don't like him all that much. I get to him later.
Old 2008-09-15, 10:45   Link #817
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It depends on the class, really. I just haven't liked levelling a Priest or Paladin much at all. My Warrior stalled at 55, the 50s is just so damn harsh for it. I left my Rogue and 52 and 69 for ages. Warlock and Hunter were okay. Druid good. Loved it on the Mage. But the last alt I got to 70, Shaman, was the fastest I did. Less than 7 and a half days just by normal questing/instancing, no double boxing or zerging. Water Shield is so broken once they fixed it. In combo with a Mana Spring Totem, running out of mana or health is near impossible.

@Hat and Clogs: If you want a DK, 7k is the safe magic number imo. That will cover Outland and Northrend flying costs. Anything you gain along the way can be used at 80. If you're past 10k, you're fine.
Old 2008-09-15, 12:03   Link #818
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Is that a Friday by chance?
I can see it now. WotLK on Friday the 13th...
Old 2008-09-15, 14:14   Link #819
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nope, a Thursday. Close though.

My Warlock in the 70, the Hunter is 52 or so and the priest is 34. The Warrior I've left at 18 to date. I just don't do melee combat well I think. I've been trying to level the hunter and priest a level each day that I play. This will be harder later.

I'll actually be happy with having them both at 55...I can use one as a DK template or something. The choice of a Horde or Alliance DK is the problem now.
Old 2008-09-15, 14:37   Link #820
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I need to get my computer fixed. Since I have a job, and steady income, the thought of playing WoW again is returning. But as now I'd be a waste since my computer shuts down from SOMETHING whenever I run games...

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows