AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 13:21   Link #1861
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Qwaser has girls getting molested and such pretty much every (other) episode and whatnot.
Which is the reason why breast feeding is the main plot device of the show. I watched both of them.
Both animes also have stylized ending themes, with girls having top model poses.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 13:27   Link #1862
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Which is the reason why breast feeding is the main plot device of the show. I watched both of them.
Both animes also have stylized ending themes, with girls having top model poses.
plot was silly, but original nonetheless
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 14:31   Link #1863
bumbayker

My last reply was intended for justinstrife and I initially mistook you for him since you didn't post here again for nearly 2 days. I suppose that post partially applies to you. You also never bothered to even reply to my post that was intended for you. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...05#post4070805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
no, most people will just acknowledge that you don't like that particular kind of food, without the need to ask any redundant questions.

The same way I can say I don't like shounen-stuff. It was also poorly animated from what I could tell.
It's not being redundant at all. It's getting to the root of that preference. You can't expect someone to make a conclusive judgement based on your personal tastes by merely saying "I like or don't like it". You're letting them do guesswork because you refuse to be specific.

As for the shounen genre, there are different elements/aspects to it. Ecchi and harem are one of many. The fact that you watched the entire HS DxD anime, knowing that it holds many shounen elements, and openly announce that you don't like shounen makes you sound like a hypocrite.

Quote:
I've also added that, as far as ecchi/harem anime go, it failed to impress me. What more do you want me to say?
Stop dodging and answer my questions.

Quote:
I'm not "criticizing". I'm simply expressing "how I feel" about the show in general, which is a different thing altogether.
Dude, read your previous posts. You are criticizing. You still refuse to point out specific parts of anime you felt was a "waste of time" and explain why in your POV. How can anyone evaluate your opinion and see you eye to eye if you won't even bother getting into detail when it matters? For someone who "expresses how he feels" you like to be vague about it.

Quote:
True, to a certain extent. But the way it influences you also depends on your personal view/interpretation of someone else's words.
Then it's your responsibility to make sure that your message is clear so others won't misinterpret or get the wrong idea of what you says. Because at the moment you're beating around the bush.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-03-26 at 14:46.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:20   Link #1864
Dahak86
Classics never age

ok, this isn't really going anywhere... I think I've made myself clear enough. So, I'll gladly take my leave from this discussion (also going to desubscribe from the thread soon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
For someone who "expresses how he feels" you like to be vague about it.
Feelings and emotions are often vague and undefined in nature, you know?
Old 2012-03-26, 15:54   Link #1865
bumbayker

Quote:
ok, this isn't really going anywhere... I think I've made myself clear enough. So, I'll gladly take my leave from this discussion (also going to desubscribe from the thread soon).
The only things you made clear in this thread is the HS DxD anime and shounen is not your preference, and also your outright refusal and dodging to point exactly what and why you dislike it. If you wish to leave this discussion, fine by me. It just proves you were just ranting your dissatisfaction and nothing more. We don't need someone here who just merely criticizes this anime yet can't back up his own conviction and POV.

Quote:
Feelings and emotions are often vague and undefined in nature, you know?
You said you were expressing your feelings. To express it means you want to make your feelings clear which you are not as far as your opinion on this series is concerned.
Old 2012-03-26, 18:00   Link #1866
Znail

Someone who hates shounen stuff didn't like a shounen anime. In related news someone who hates spicy food didn't like the extra hot meal he ordered.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 22:46   Link #1867
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Someone who hates shounen stuff didn't like a shounen anime. In related news someone who hates spicy food didn't like the extra hot meal he ordered.
So why did he order it...???

I know what you mean though, ordering a 'Akeno' but getting a 'Rias' instead.... so just dye the hair and you'll hardly notice a thing. She might be mad for a while but who cares...
Old 2012-03-26, 22:53   Link #1868
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
That's an over-generalization... not liking the genre (technically target audience) in general, does not imply that the same person won't enjoy worthy shows from it. On the other hand it does imply that if a mediocre show of the genre does not offer anything else except the usual rehashed troupes, obviously it won't be enjoyable by anyone except the said genre's fans. DxD did very well both on the ecchi (in the form of fanservice), humor, and occasionally characterization... but forgot all that in the last 2-3 episodes, about the time the anime thread got flooded by the sources fans
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 02:59   Link #1869
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam just sad there isn't an Akeno, Asia and Koneko figures out on the HS DxD products.
Old 2012-03-27, 03:15   Link #1870
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Just think of all the positions you can put that Rias figure in tho.

It IS one of those figures that can take on a variety of poses, right?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 03:38   Link #1871
Bathara Yamadipati
Naraka's Gate Guard

Send a message via MSN to Bathara Yamadipati Send a message via Yahoo to Bathara Yamadipati
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Iam just sad there isn't an Akeno, Asia and Koneko figures out on the HS DxD products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Just think of all the positions you can put that Rias figure in tho.

It IS one of those figures that can take on a variety of poses, right?
As of now, there are NO ARTICULATED FIGURES for DxD yet...

there are however STATIC SCALE FIGURES...

Bathara Yamadipati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 04:00   Link #1872
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

... Why would anyone make a static Rias figure?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 04:18   Link #1873
Bathara Yamadipati
Naraka's Gate Guard

Send a message via MSN to Bathara Yamadipati Send a message via Yahoo to Bathara Yamadipati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
... Why would anyone make a static Rias figure?
They already did, check out my post on DxD figures on the social group QnA thread, 1st page

Bathara Yamadipati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 04:21   Link #1874
bumbayker

I really wouldn't want to see articulated figures for HS DxD. Personally I don't see articulations do justice to human figures especially those that have "skin" exposed at the joints. IMO articulation looks best or mecha and power suits and don't ruin the appearance.

I've only seen 2 figures for the series and they're both Rias in fixed poses. One is in her beachwear (which doesn't look that good IMO) and the other in her school uniform which looks nice. I'm hoping the more popular/bigger figure companies like Orchidseed, Megahouse, or Alter will pick up the line. Though I'd prefer Orchidseed since they're masters of cast-offable figures.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:09   Link #1875
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

No one posted this Asia image yet?

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2012-03-27, 06:15   Link #1876
nongtles

BD+DVD Sell Ranking This Season
DxD got pretty well rank look like 2nd season is not to far if they want to make...

Blu-ray
6 - ● ハイスクールD×D Vol.1 6,780 6,780 12/3/21 SGT
DVD
10 - ● ハイスクールD×D Vol.1 2,341 2,341 12/3/21 SGT

11,619 *1 妖狐×僕SS 1【完全生産限定版】 [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/21(水)
10,345 *2 夏目友人帳 肆 1【完全生産限定版】 [DVD+BD]: 2012/02/22(水)
*9,121 *1 ハイスクールD×D Vol.1 [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/21(水)
nongtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 06:41   Link #1877
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
No one posted this Asia image yet?

Spoiler for NSFW:
This pic is a fanart, but its palette color and the lineart looks identical to the anime version.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 07:04   Link #1878
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by nongtles View Post
BD+DVD Sell Ranking This Season
DxD got pretty well rank look like 2nd season is not to far if they want to make...

Blu-ray
6 - ● ハイスクールD×D Vol.1 6,780 6,780 12/3/21 SGT
DVD
10 - ● ハイスクールD×D Vol.1 2,341 2,341 12/3/21 SGT

11,619 *1 妖狐×僕SS 1【完全生産限定版】 [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/21(水)
10,345 *2 夏目友人帳 肆 1【完全生産限定版】 [DVD+BD]: 2012/02/22(水)
*9,121 *1 ハイスクールD×D Vol.1 [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/21(水)
That's a lot better than I expected. If the sales remain steady, then I could see this show getting a second season. Anime with worst sales than that got one.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:52   Link #1879
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's a lot better than I expected. If the sales remain steady, then I could see this show getting a second season. Anime with worst sales than that got one.
Around 3000 is the cut off point for if it's likely to get another season, so I would think it's a sure thing with these sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack View Post
someone posted this picture yet about Issei?
Looks interesting
It's from the LN and the girls are ones not introduced yet. There are quite a lot of pictures from the LN, but I think discussing them is meant to be done in the LN thread.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 11:50   Link #1880
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Did anyone happen to listen to the drama CD that was with the Volume 1 BD? I know some Japanese and it was pretty good. About the seven mysteries of Kuou Academy. I couldn't understand it all so I was wondering if someone else did.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen