AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-07-03, 11:42   Link #1
goldenthal

Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

Anime is definitely driven by those wonderful voice actors and actresses who deliver their lines with such flair,emotions and character.

I have been impressed by so many but I would like to simply list my choices and would like to know yours too.

Male Actors :1. Spike in Cowboy Bebop
2. Kei-chan in Gantz

Female Actresses : 1. Kagome in Inuyahsa / Tanabe in Planetes / Chidori in FMA

have a nice day!
goldenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 14:37   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

The entire cast of Kanon
and any character voiced by Momoi Haruko or Horie Yui
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 14:58   Link #3
7thMethuselah

the voice actor for Mone-chan in Yumeria : The way she put different emotions and intonations into a single word is impressive
You try saying the same word 12 episodes long and in a different tone every time !
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 02:39   Link #4
kamij0

Most of the members in POT, they do impressed me with their voice. And there's also Yuzuyu, aint she the youngest voice actress i heard.. but she's great
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 03:08   Link #5
Lambda

I've been most impressed by the actresses for Ahiru in Princess Tutu and Sana in Kodocha.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 04:07   Link #6
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Mark Hamill - Probably the best english speaking voice actor I can think of. He played the Joker in Batman the animated series. He played tons of voices in a bunch of Lucasart's old adventure games. I'd like to hear him in more roles.

Scott McNeil - He did voices for Dragonball, Gundam Wing, Beast Wars, Megaman, and plenty of other shows. Excellent voice actor and real life nice guy!

The Japanese voice for Lupin is simply incredible, the guy they cuirrently have playing him is excellent as well. He adds a lot of personality to the role.

The Japanese voice actor for Captain Herlock.

I'm exhausted, I'm sure I'll think of some other great voice actors later.
Old 2004-07-04, 07:11   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

The voice actors in Secret of Cerulean Sand were good too.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 22:57   Link #8
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Hold to the view that a great VA can tell a straight line without betraying their emotions. Also means I never want to be in any card game with them [damned poker faces all]. This is an extremely difficult act to pull off but those with the talent have been able to take near any role given and excel.

The seiyuu who can do it and the specific role:

Mitsuishi Kotono for Mirelle [Noir]
Ayako Kawasumi for Princess Lafiel [Crest/Banner of the Stars]
Yukino Satsuki for Kaname Chidori [FMP]/Mutsumi Otohime [Love Hina]
Orikasa Fumiko for Pacifica Cassul [Scrapped Princess]/Chiyoko Fujiwara [Millenium Actress]
Tanaka Rei for Chii [Chobits]
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 23:52   Link #9
Excel 2004
Please Fix My Avatar

Send a message via AIM to Excel 2004
My favorite actors include those who sing for the themes in the show (Minami Kuribayashi, Yui Horie), those skilled in delivering anger using a coarse voice (Yumiko Kobayashi, Satsuki Yukino) and those with very versatile and variable voices* (Yuji Ueda, Megumi Hayashibara).

My opinions on English voice actors are inconclusive as of yet.

If you want to see the name of a voice actor for a particular character, search the databases of Anime NFO (http://www.animenfo.net) or the Internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com). You can search by show or character.

* I could not recognize Yuji Ueda's voice in the 11 shows I've seen him perform in after my first (which escapes me at the moment). I also sometimes confuse Rie Tanaka and Satsuki Yukino. I don't know if being unable to quickly recognize a seiyuu by performance multiple times is a proper way to identify good voice acting.
Excel 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 14:04   Link #10
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~

The entire English cast of FLCL.

Also the Japanese voice actor for Ataru Moroboshi from Urusei Yatsura (dunno his name, but he's fantastic, he's got such a distinct but flexible voice)
ZhanDVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 16:41   Link #11
Tri

Shiozawa Kaneto, who voices Dusanyu Abriel Nei Limzale Balke from Crest of the Stars. He has an incredible voice that always captivates me. Too bad that most of the anime he is involved in do not interest me...

Ginpei Sato, who voices Jin from Samurai Champloo. What a voice! If I didn't like this series, this actor would be a reason to continue watching.

Aya Hisakawa, who voices e.g. Haruka from RahXephon and Yoko from Juuni Kokki. I can't say exactly what I like about her voice, it sounds strangely nasally, but whatever...
Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 19:55   Link #12
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Ahhh, so many excellent voice actors. I'll list the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Greed from Fullmetal Alchemist. The most badass voice actor I have ever heard. Seriously.

Johan from Monster. I was worried about them getting his voice right, but they did a great job. Sends shivers down my spine whenever I hear it :-)

Hamdo from Now and Then, Here and There. Also the voice actor for Mitsukake in Fushigi Yuugi. He's just amazing. If you check out both roles you won't believe they're the same person; that's how awesome he is.

I'm also a big fan of Megumi Hayashibara in any role. The one people probably know most about is Faye Valentine from Bebop.

I'm sure I'll think of more in time.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 22:55   Link #13
Aoi Tenshi
3l1te

Send a message via AIM to Aoi Tenshi
Hmm....I still have to say that I am impressed by the ability of Megumi Hayashibara. She has been in lots of anime and varies from cute and funny to serious voice.
And the other one is the voice of Chrno. I can't remember the name. BUt he is cool.
Aoi Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 00:12   Link #14
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Tenshi
And the other one is the voice of Chrno. I can't remember the name. BUt he is cool.
i swear Chrno was voiced by a woman...i've even seen her picture
Old 2004-07-09, 01:13   Link #15
Aoi Tenshi
3l1te

Send a message via AIM to Aoi Tenshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
arfe you sure...cause I know he is teh voice actor of Xellos in Slayers Next and Slayers Try.
That is for sure
Aoi Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 01:26   Link #16
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenthal
1. Spike in Cowboy Bebop
2. Kei-chan in Gantz

1. Kagome in Inuyahsa / Tanabe in Planetes / Chidori in FMA
1. Yamadera Kouichi (Ryoga in "Ranma 1/2" and Kaji Ryouji in "Neon Genesis Evangelion")
2. Namikawa Daisuke (Kamishiro Maiku in "Onegai Twins")

1. Yukino Satsuki

Quote:
The entire cast of Kanon
and any character voiced by Momoi Haruko or Horie Yui
I'm sure you know all of them so I won't bother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
the voice actor for Mone-chan in Yumeria
Arishima Moyu (Misty Cornwell in "VANDREAD the Second Stage" and Suzuki Ikuyo in "Hanaukyo Maid-tai La Verite")

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
And there's also Yuzuyu, aint she the youngest voice actress i heard.. but she's great
Tsuduhara Miyuu - She is only 9 years old. She first debuted when she was 7 as the voice over for the Baby Monster in the Japanese dub of "Monsters Inc."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
The Japanese voice for Lupin is simply incredible, the guy they cuirrently have playing him is excellent as well. He adds a lot of personality to the role.
Yamada Yasuo before he passed away, and currently played by Kurita Kan'ichi. There is a post somewhere on this board that I wrote about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
The voice actors in Secret of Cerulean Sand were good too
Jane is played by Kogure Ema, who also played Sister Mary in "Chrno Crusade"
San Veran is played by Naya Rokurou, who you may remember him as Camus in "Saint Seiya"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhanDVG
Also the Japanese voice actor for Ataru Moroboshi from Urusei Yatsura (dunno his name, but he's fantastic, he's got such a distinct but flexible voice)
Mr. Furukawa Toshio is a veteran voice actor whom you may also remember him as Piccolo in "Dragon Ball" and "Dragon Ball Z"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Greed from Fullmetal Alchemist. The most badass voice actor I have ever heard. Seriously.

Johan from Monster. I was worried about them getting his voice right, but they did a great job. Sends shivers down my spine whenever I hear it :-)

Hamdo from Now and Then, Here and There. Also the voice actor for Mitsukake in Fushigi Yuugi. He's just amazing. If you check out both roles you won't believe they're the same person; that's how awesome he is.
Greed is played by Suwabe Junichi, who became famous after doing Atobe Keigo in "Prince of Tennis"

Johan in Monster is done by Sasaki Nozomu (Eriol in "Card Captor Sakura," Clef in "Magic Knight Rayearth" and Akutsu Jin in "Prince of Tennis")

Ishii Kouji is mainly known here as Yamazaki Ryuji in KOF/Capcom vs SNK series. Also, he also did Kimura-sensei in "Azumanga Daioh"

Quote:
Chrno is played by veteran Ishida Akira, who you may all know as Athrun Zala in "GundamSEED" and Nagisa Kaworu in "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 08:03   Link #17
Kyuven

sorry i got Ed from FMA and Chrno mixed up...Ed's played by a woman, Chrno's played by a man
Old 2004-07-09, 12:40   Link #18
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
sorry i got Ed from FMA and Chrno mixed up...Ed's played by a woman, Chrno's played by a man
Yes, Ed in "Fullmetal Alchemist" is done by veteran seiyuu Pak Romi.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 09:46   Link #19
lavielove

Alot of anime drama series are coming out these day. Please allow me to nut about the voice actress I like (^_^||) sorry for digging the ol~thread

Her name is Kodaira Yuuki (小平有希) and the series she's working on is Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
see the pic
Spoiler:
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 18:35   Link #20
nejuto-sama

Female: Kuchiki rukia - bleach
Sakura - Naruto
Princess Sakura - Tsubasa Chronicle
Lacus Clyne - Gundam SEED

Male: Ishida Uryuu - Bleach
Van - Gun X sword
Heero Yuuy - Gundam wing