AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-06, 07:03   Link #901
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch chapter 229 :

hmm another obaha's chapter , talking about his past but ....

For me it was an useless chapter as the other obaha's chapter . Its just propaganda !
And Poor Emily ........
They killed the manga .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 07:22   Link #902
Redictus

I love Air Gear, but recently the plot has been changing so much that I seriously lost track.

Spoiler:
Redictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 08:30   Link #903
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ikki got the title of "storm king" after reaching Sora's level.Apparently nobody knows who created ATs but there were some experiments including genetic engineering, and the kids born this way were called gravity children, with the inept ability to understand gravity physics and analyze space structure at a master level.Those kids were the original Sleeping Forest team, with Sora and Kilik being the best. However, Sora wanted to reach "freedom" and betrayed Kilik, and the team got disbanded.Around then, a second generation of gravity children surfaced, the ones who made Genesis (with Simca leading).
Ikki got to learn all of this after beating Ringo in a duel, when she took him to the "Tower", a huge place underground that was once used as an energy source. In that place, they can use a no-gravity system to amplify their AT skills, and that's where the gram-scale tournament (which will decide the next sky king) will take place.
Still,Ikki couldn't believe his entire family was a bunch of weird kids who never considered him family, and after losing all of them,betrayed, he left their house and lived alone.Somewhere along the way another group arrived, with Orca being the most notable of them-a kid who lost to Agito's 3rd personality called Lynd, a mysterious person known as a "brain charger",who claims to be the original owner of the body.
In the meantime, Kazu lost the flame regalia to Aeon clock, who stole them after Nike killed Spitfire, and joined a cult, where he fought against their leader-who turned out to be noone other than Ikki. So,after friendly fighting they got back on their feet and decided to enroll for the GST. Still,they didn't make it in time so they tried signing up using other means: they took up Falco's challenge and entered a cyberspace where they fought against the original sleeping forest and won, but following up yet another bunch of weirdos made their appearance and everyone had to disconnect. Adachi lost herself somewhere in the cyberspace and switched bodies with the american president Omaha, who was giving them a speech through the net about ATs and the Skynet, something about how all ATs were connected together and how one could rule the world with them.
That president is one lucky bastard to get in Emily's body
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 10:40   Link #904
Redictus

Spoiler:
Redictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 11:06   Link #905
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Spoiler:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 11:09   Link #906
Fran~
floating away...

No, Ikki is just another candidate for the "sky king" position (sora aswell).

You're mixing "sky" with "wind" and "storm"... befores Sora's betray, Ikki was pointed as the next "Wind King", remember the whole thing about Bagram (Wind Regalia) that Hako steals. Once Sora revealed himself as the big villain, he claimed again his title as "Wind King", he and Nike defetead Spitfire and Sano, then Ikki is about to quite everything but he is claimed for others teams as the next "Storm King", Kururu will be make the "Storm Regalia" for him.
Old 2009-02-06, 14:53   Link #907
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Haven't seen Kururu in ages...wonder what she's on atm! (Btw, based on the last chapter, shouldn't the entire team have a tuner? The way things are, Buccha, Kazu, Emily and Onigiri are at a disadvantage).
Old 2009-02-06, 15:20   Link #908
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
Haven't seen Kururu in ages...wonder what she's on atm!
She's doing the Storm Regalia for Ikki... OMG... Kururu tunning Ikki *faints*...

Quote:
(Btw, based on the last chapter, shouldn't the entire team have a tuner? The way things are, Buccha, Kazu, Emily and Onigiri are at a disadvantage).
Lol... i would prefer Yayoi tunning Emily <3
Old 2009-02-06, 16:04   Link #909
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Lol... i would prefer Yayoi tunning Emily <3
Well,if you think that OG is making the manga it's not impossible...but seriously, SO many females in the series and the main party doesn't have enough, wtf!
Old 2009-02-06, 17:19   Link #910
Fran~
floating away...

Remember, not everybody is a tuner, Yayoi tuned Agito almost for coincidence and a lot of chapters ago (Ikki at the hospital) Yayoi was pointed as "Tuner". It's very clear that Kururu is the Tuner for Ikki, Kazu doesn't have one, but he lost the flame regalia. Others riders doesn't have regalias, so... the only "king" without a tuner is Kazu... well, Emily will kill any Kazu's Tuner, so...

Kururu-> Ikki; Yayoi-> Agito; ???-> Kazu... and there is all the Kings from kogarasumaru.
Old 2009-02-06, 17:22   Link #911
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Whats been going on with Ikki's "sisters"? I can't imagine the eldest sister (can't remember her name) is too happy with Sora after he becomes the main bad guy.

That's pretty much where I left the story, last thing I remember reading was Ikki's oldest sister and Sora talking on a rooftop while Ikki played with his dogs (Stone-Cold and Stunner).
Old 2009-02-06, 17:33   Link #912
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Whats been going on with Ikki's "sisters"? I can't imagine the eldest sister (can't remember her name) is too happy with Sora after he becomes the main bad guy.
Except Rika, the 3 sisters (all of them Gravity Children) are training at the botton of the tower with the rest of Sleeping Forest. Since Sora's betrayal i haven't see Rika-ne, the former Thorn Queen and Sora's "Girlfriend".

Quote:
That's pretty much where I left the story, last thing I remember reading was Ikki's oldest sister and Sora talking on a rooftop while Ikki played with his dogs (Stone-Cold and Stunner).
yep... from that scene you can say that Rika and Sora are a couple again, but that was before Sora's rise.

Emily got a Frontcover!! *_*
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-07, 04:24   Link #913
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Ikki's ex-family are all "bad guys" now. Besides Ringo, none of them seemed to care in the least for Ikki and see the whole thing of family being nothing more than acting.If I was Ikki I'd gut them like pigs...
Old 2009-02-07, 05:42   Link #914
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
Ikki's ex-family are all "bad guys" now. Besides Ringo, none of them seemed to care in the least for Ikki and see the whole thing of family being nothing more than acting.If I was Ikki I'd gut them like pigs...
i don't know where you got that idea from. In fact they all seem torn between thier loyalty to what they see as a duty to protect the sky regalia and thier loyalty to ikki. the point has obviously been made clearer in ringo's case because she is in love with him instead of just loving him like a brother the way the others do. as for the "good" guys it seems to me that sleeping forrest are them. kogasumaru are of nebulous goodness at best seeming to flit from pourpose to pourpose with no real aim except to gain more power.... kinda like team sora lite.
Old 2009-02-07, 05:50   Link #915
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
Rika a bad guy? wtf?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 08:37   Link #916
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She's having an affair with the main antagonist, what did you expect? She's still gonna go up against Ikki's team with the others anyway, right?
Old 2009-02-07, 10:16   Link #917
Fran~
floating away...

Wait... From a lot of chapters ago Rika is missing... i dont know where she is, but she is not at the carrier with the rest of Genesis, Sora is always showed with Nike, Hako, Simca, even Sano and others riders like Orca... but Rika is not there. In fact, im so afraid that Rika had been hurt by Sora.

Ringo and her sisters are not "antagonists", she is trying to stop Sora in first place and in second place she doesnt want Ikki fighting in the GST because he could die there.

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-02-09 at 09:48.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 17:56   Link #918
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

I think I going to wait till april to pick up air gear again.

This lastest chapter, was a waste of my 2 minutes of reading it

I dislike reading week to week manga anyways.
Spinner187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 23:40   Link #919
slidingk1

Air gear should just be turned into a giant hentai since there's no more plot.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 03:25   Link #920
Jarppa

I think that teh "plot" started again at c.230.

And it was goddammit time already xD
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen, tournament