AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-11, 16:22   Link #101
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Rosetta was the character in the series I enjoyed the most, and this episode did nothing but cement that impression!

I did feel, though, that the last two episodes were a bit too protracted and drawn out somehow. Not sure it could have been fit only into one episode proper, though. Maybe an ep and a half?

Yggdrasil was definitely the most interesting of her sort that the series has shown so far as well ... for me at least. ^^
Old 2017-06-11, 19:22   Link #102
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I know the anime won't have time to cover it, but does the source story go deeper in to what the Erste Empire's really up to? Namely who's their leader, why are they being evil, etc.
Well if they're really animating the entire Girl in Blue story arc you'll get to know a lot more about Erste. They're the main villains of this arc, after all
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 01:16   Link #103
ReddyRedWolf

Know what is it just me they had every opportunity to kill pathetic persistent commanders but don't?

Rakham could've just sniped that smug chibi general or the number of times gran could've just offed that mustache guy.

Instead they treat them like Team Rocket. While they are still alive they spread misery to other countries.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 14:02   Link #104
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The anime adapts the GBF main plot, which has all worst writing flows of bad RPG writing back in the 80s/90s

From the protagonists and the antagonists sparing each other for silly reason, to "I know all the secret but not going to tell you because reasons", to long and pointless side quests that has zero impact on the actual plot, to "we actually have the power to overcome this difficulty but let's forget we can do that because so we need to let the bad guys hurt us so the story can have some tension."

GBF plot is filthy garbage that even a garbage bin wouldn't want to accept it.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 10:40   Link #105
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Episode 12 is the final episode of the main story. The remaining two episodes are an extra story.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 14:19   Link #106
mickbis

Episode 12 best episode yet
the bgm during the fish monster fight is basically my all time gbf favorite
the amount of cameo in this episode is too damn high and I cannot help but grinning to see them assisting in the Primal fight

Last edited by mickbis; 2017-06-17 at 15:36.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 15:07   Link #107
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think the all stars idea is kind of good... but thrown in there in a weird fashion. Honestly, they should either have skipped Lyria/Yggdrassil subplot (even though it was good for Lyria's character development) or dedicate one of the extra episode into Gran & co trying to recruit people for the last stand against Leviathan.
The fanservice felt a bit too disjointed considering how they went all out with 10 popular characters thrown there in a chaotic way. Hell, showing Narumea saying "I will help you" but nothing much except of defending the town offscreen is kind of meh.

And considering the preview, it seems they will do as they promised regarding a "certain character".
Old 2017-06-17, 15:54   Link #108
mickbis

I has to agree that Narumea screen time is disappointing during the fight screen
everyone else (exclude Silva which is reasonable since she is a sniper)
present around Leviathan while Narumea just disappear from the field
Old 2017-06-18, 00:45   Link #109
xeviouses

Not enough SOIYA! Still the episode was pure fanservice for GBF players, the Narumeia screen time was lacking though.
Old 2017-06-18, 01:57   Link #110
Applehell

lmao @ like 20 dudes showing up out nowhere to have like a minute of fame and then disappearing.

I'm sure it was great fanservice for those have the game, but as a anime only watcher, "I'm like who are these people?!". Then again I don't care too much about the plot in this show so it's "whatever" in the end. Still liked some of the designs I saw on couple of them so it's a shame they very little role.

As for the rest of the episode, it ended decent enough and at least added a "small twist" to the "acquired new summon!" part at the end of these arcs.

Overall, this was about I expected from the show. It adhered pretty strongly to its 90's fantasy videogame tropes and cliches without offering much in the way of ambition nor standing out much in execution. The entire writing side of the show is only just barely above your typical Saturday morning cartoon with host of issues one can poke at and with one of few saving graces being that some of the general charm the overall cast excludes. Presentation and production values were the main positives about the show and consistently delivered on that so I don't regret my time watching GBF even everything else was mostly lackluster. If nothing else it was pretty fun at times and good to relax after watching something like Attack on Tiran.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 03:06   Link #111
ReddyRedWolf

How the hell can one city have that many high level fighters at the same time?!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 03:58   Link #112
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Armstrong grew hair though he lost his sparkle
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 04:08   Link #113
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
some do live around Auguste Isle ( the ocean island )
many are skyfarer ( adventurer in gbf ) or just simply traveler with extra ordinary skill
one is from secret organization monitoring Primal activities

aside from the treasure hunter duo
those people are all strong SR SSR tier some do have R rarity variation tho like the fisher man uncle and a fist young guy

sadly another one of macho trio isn't available due to sub event plot related
( search Soiya in youtube you will know what I mean the trio )
Old 2017-06-18, 07:33   Link #114
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I smiled at the fan service but it was a bit sad because that's all it was, fan service for game players. In a perfect world with unlimited budget and endless episodes we'd have had fate episodes for each one of them and anime-only watchers would have known their background

Also, what did they mean for "Extra 1"? Some side event getting adapted?

edit: ah wait, was that Hisako Kanemoto speaking? urgh, I really don't want a random Djeeta fanservice episode...

Last edited by RedKey; 2017-06-18 at 07:44.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 07:46   Link #115
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Also, what did they mean for "Extra 1"? Some side event getting adapted?
If you look at the frame for the preview it's in pink, plus the narration is done by the female MC. There's also the title itself "Another Sky".

Most likely the adventures of Djeeta will be aired next episode.

I suppose it counts as extra/side since Gran is in the main story.
Old 2017-06-18, 08:05   Link #116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

While I like the trope of friends helping out in the last battle, I'm not sold on random badasses showing up out of nowhere...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 08:42   Link #117
Tenzen12

They didn't showed from nowhere. I. This world it's freaking miracle to make three steps without stumble on badass or two. They are like pests, everywhere.
Old 2017-06-18, 10:15   Link #118
Applehell

Narratively from an audinece prespective that isn't familiar with the game they did even if was plausible. Especially with there being so many at compared to the previous arcs.

If that part of the episode weren't such a blatant basket of easter eggs you could even accuse it of it being a straight up DEM.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 11:00   Link #119
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Because Auguste is at open war with Erste?

That or Because Auguste is a famouse resort known for their delicious seafood.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 11:25   Link #120
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Because Auguste is at open war with Erste?

That or Because Auguste is a famouse resort known for their delicious seafood.
at least two character are fish lover lol
I didn't even thought those two have something in common once....

Tags
fantasy setting, video game adaptation