AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-11-17, 15:57   Link #101
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
Ahahaha I knew they'd have to do a hot springs ep eventually. It's not anime without one.
Who wants to bet that we'll get a "peeping-tom beatdown" in that one? Actually seeing Edy beat down Homer will be hilarious.

But... I shudder to think how Marina would react...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 12:43   Link #102
Runty

Another thing: has anyone gotten a hold of the Valkyria Drama CDs, or at least heard their contents? I've searched high and low for them, but found nothing.

If you've heard them, think you could give a small summary as to what happens?
Old 2009-11-20, 15:35   Link #103
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Another thing: has anyone gotten a hold of the Valkyria Drama CDs, or at least heard their contents? I've searched high and low for them, but found nothing.

If you've heard them, think you could give a small summary as to what happens?
I bought the Drama CDs, but so far I've only had the chance to listen to the first track of the first disc. The topic of that one is that the militia commander is interviewing the new recruits in order to determine how to organize them into squads. She basically asks them questions about their past, their hobbies, their reasons for coming to war, if they have any requests and so on. The track ends with the scene from the anime where the commander decided to make Welkin the squad commander with Alicia as his second-in-command. There's not too much to that particular track, but it does flesh out a little bit about the pasts and motivations of some of the characters at the beginning of the story. There are of course moments that highlight the eccentricities of some of the cast members as well.

I can give you an idea of the rest as I get around to listening to them.

And in terms of the calendar, I have some quick pictures up here if people want to see them all (though they're just quick shots, and not scans or anything).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 15:49   Link #104
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I bought the Drama CDs, but so far I've only had the chance to listen to the first track of the first disc. The topic of that one is that the militia commander is interviewing the new recruits in order to determine how to organize them into squads. She basically asks them questions about their past, their hobbies, their reasons for coming to war, if they have any requests and so on. The track ends with the scene from the anime where the commander decided to make Welkin the squad commander with Alicia as his second-in-command. There's not too much to that particular track, but it does flesh out a little bit about the pasts and motivations of some of the characters at the beginning of the story. There are of course moments that highlight the eccentricities of some of the cast members as well.

I can give you an idea of the rest as I get around to listening to them.

And in terms of the calendar, I have some quick pictures up here if people want to see them all (though they're just quick shots, and not scans or anything).
Neat. Any bit with Marina or Edy involved? I bet if Edy said anything, it'd be good for a laugh.
Old 2009-11-21, 10:37   Link #105
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's decent
but these images doesn't really worth it's price, IMHO
Old 2009-11-21, 13:29   Link #106
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Neat. Any bit with Marina or Edy involved? I bet if Edy said anything, it'd be good for a laugh.
I'll have to listen again to see who all is involved specifically. I do remember there being some good laughs in there though (mostly as the commander plays sort of "straight man" to all of the weird personalities coming through her door ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
It's decent
but these images doesn't really worth it's price, IMHO
Well, I guess it's all a matter of perspective. It's not really that expensive compared to most of the rest of the character goods market, but it depends on what's important to you.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 02:29   Link #107
Runty

Okay, the fifth OVA segment is on Youtube. No links, sorry.

Can I be the first to say... HUH? The generals are playing Texas Hold'em?

...Figures that Lelouch would win...

Honestly, I just peered over a few images of it. I wasn't that interested in such a non-sequitur story.

Looking forward to the next one. Hot springs scene...

Last edited by Runty; 2009-12-06 at 02:52.
Old 2009-12-06, 03:38   Link #108
Snowman24

haha, pretty funny, I loved the bit where he tried to "show" gregor which one to choose by raising it just alittle, but Gregor being the devil of the battlefield wasn't going to lose to anyone, not even his commander.

Then Selvaria trying to give the same helpful hint <3 <3
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:10   Link #109
KariOhki

You are now remembering that all but one person from this short is dead.

Anyway, it was enjoyable, silly Selvie fighting with Max there for a bit.
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 17:29   Link #110
Runty

Okay, the Valkyria Portal website made another update today. I'm referring to this link, in case people are unfamiliar with it:
http://portal.valkyria.jp/

Now, it seems that they've introduced another Valkyria-related book or manga, but I can't understand much as online translation programs are essentially crap.
http://portal.valkyria.jp/books/anthology_01.shtml
Can anyone figure out what this is about?
Old 2009-12-25, 14:09   Link #111
DC20

In addition to the anthology book Runty just posted (which, I'm sorry to say I have NO idea what it actually is... Sorry bru), it looks like the 400 page art book we were promised is finally coming out. Release date January 20th.

http://portal.valkyria.jp/books/books03.shtml
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 14:26   Link #112
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
In addition to the anthology book Runty just posted (which, I'm sorry to say I have NO idea what it actually is... Sorry bru), it looks like the 400 page art book we were promised is finally coming out. Release date January 20th.

http://portal.valkyria.jp/books/books03.shtml
If that's to be true, I'd be very very happy. We were due to see that one coming out.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 15:16   Link #113
Snowman24

Excellent, Excellent, I can't wait for this, I'll start saving now. Import it if I have to or get a friend from Japan to get it for me and send it over.
Old 2010-01-12, 15:33   Link #114
Runty

Tomorrow we'll be getting the 6th VC anime DVD. Looking forward to the supposed hot springs scene.
Old 2010-01-12, 18:00   Link #115
Snowman24

Yeah, the anime "Bath" scene was disappointing, Largo and Welkin
Old 2010-01-12, 18:52   Link #116
DC20

That's hot.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 18:52   Link #117
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Yeah, the anime "Bath" scene was disappointing, Largo and Welkin
Now I am thankful I dropped the anime. I don't care if we see all the women in the squad in their skivvies. That turned me right off.

That, and the files started being corrupt at Ep. 3. It was literally unwatchable. Though, I will laugh my ass off if it turns out that the hot springs ep. turns out to be the a prank pulled by the animators. After, of course, gouging my eyes out.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 23:29   Link #118
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I pre-ordered the development arts yesterday. Should be good.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 05:01   Link #119
Revan21

Painted versions of the Sega figurines

Old 2010-01-13, 15:23   Link #120
cloner4000

Hmm ...the quality looks so-so. Definitely not as good as the Selvaria ones, but we would have to see the price first. You get what you paid I guess.

What's this development art book you are talking about? Can you give a bit more information?

never I saw the previous post..ahh..now I am very interested..but it's probably going to be very expansive to get here.

Thanks
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote