Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-09-30, 00:53   Link #1061
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
But is it fun again? 'cause last I played it was a boring-ass grind with no payoff.
Can't really do anything about the grind, but there's now a lot more goals and a lot more to do in Warframe, including the Raid Trials, the various Quests, searching for collectible oddities in hidden places, and other stuff. They have been taking steps to reduce the overall grind though, like reducing Corpus vs Grineer invasion requirements from 5 missions to 3.

Whether it's fun though is subjective, though I find that exercising all the new parkour moves with melee-only loadouts is pretty fun in itself.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 02:32   Link #1062
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quests. Blah. I'm guessing several of those are to acquire the new Warframe pieces, and I'm not waiting days between piece completions. Count me the hell out.
Old 2015-09-30, 03:46   Link #1063
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Quests. Blah. I'm guessing several of those are to acquire the new Warframe pieces, and I'm not waiting days between piece completions. Count me the hell out.
Only three quests give Warframe pieces: Hidden Messages, The Limbo Theorem and The New Strange for Mirage, Limbo and Chroma respectively. The rest of the quests give out random weapon BP's and other stuff as rewards.

The latest A Man Of Few Words quest though gives you an Exilus Adaptor and a Clem Clone Blueprint.

Yes, Clem, as in the dual-Grakata-wielding Tenno-fanboy Clem. He's official now.

Edit: I forgot the Patient Zero quest also rewards Mesa, though technically completing it only gives the key required to get the parts, since the parts themselves are dropped by killing Mutalist Alad V.

Of the Quests, the most important one in in terms of lore is the Natah quest, which unfortunately requires some RNG to unlock.

Spoiler:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-09-30, 09:30   Link #1064
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The problem I have with this game is the amount of reading I have to do before playing, and I have a feeling I've spent more time reading wiki than actually playing.
Old 2015-10-01, 00:58   Link #1065
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The problem I have with this game is the amount of reading I have to do before playing, and I have a feeling I've spent more time reading wiki than actually playing.
Hm? This isn't a visual novel or Mass Effect, Warframe is a pick up and play game. Like any other game, the wiki only really serves to clarify stuff the game may not mention explicitly. The only reason the Warframe wiki is most useful as a resource in this case is because it's thorough and kept up to date at a rapid pace, courtesy of yours truly.

Old 2015-10-01, 04:37   Link #1066
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The first thing would be reading about where to find what, since they don't tell you in-game where you could get those warframe component, and then how to make the most out of your damage since using the wrong mods on boss is devastating, and not to mention recently I had to demolish a room in dojo because I built an Oracle first, and from what I have seen that's the common mistake people make and they don't really warn you beforehand in-game either. So I don't really recommend people to play without reading a bit about what you are going to do.

Just pick up and play will let people leave this game after not to long to be honest. I'm surprised I managed to read all of those wikia.
Old 2015-12-04, 11:18   Link #1067
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So Update 18 just dropped, and along with it Warframe's first cinematic, The Second Dream. This quest.... hory shyet...

Spoiler for MEGA SPOILERS:

Old 2015-12-04, 15:17   Link #1068
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Hm, well with this bit of news, I say my interest in this has dropped below 0. The way they went with...this is so unappealing to me. Ah well.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-09, 04:41   Link #1069
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So Rhino (and Rhino Prime) recently had a rework. Two big standouts:

First, if Rhino drops from a high enough height, he lands with a built in shockwave wall attack thimajiggy, which i think is okay.

Secondly, Iron Skin has had a major rework and is now affected by armor strength mods (Steel Fiber, Armored Agility). So I did some calculations and holy shit.

The calculation for Iron Skin health is basically:

= (Iron Skin Health + (2.5 x Base Armor x Armor Mod Buff)) x Power Strength

Using the following mods:
- Maxed Intensify (+30% power strength)
- Rank 5 Blind Rage (+54% power strength)
- Power Drift (+15% power strength)
- Max Steel Fiber (+110% armor)
- Max Armored Agility (+15% armor)

So the calc is:
= [1200 + (2.5 × 275 × 2.25)] x 1.99
= [1200 + 1546] x 1.99
= 2746 x 1.99
= 5466.

...sweet Lotus of void fucking profit, that can't be right.

Holy. Shit.

*starts laughing madly*

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 00:01   Link #1070
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

So I've jumped back into this after quite alot of time away)again) and theres alot to catch up on and I mean alot.

I can say I'm still enjoying the game alot despite some niggles, grind is a 50/50 thing, part of me likes a good grind but at same time something I could probably do without these days.

Atm I'm waiting on Mesa Prime but god knows how long that will be right now, seems rough estimates are at least a year away.

Need to catch up on all the new mods as I'm missing loads of them and these riven ones(got my first one today and it's for the simulor which was underwhelming to say the least)

Haven't been into the void yet and since the last time I was in was when we had keys for them, it should be nice to jump back into that and start trying for some Primes once again.

Altho saying that I'm just about ready to buy some plat and just buy me some sets instead
Old 2017-11-05, 00:37   Link #1071
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, Update 22 is one of the best "return" points to Warframe (not that I left), due to the Plains of Eidolon and the massive overhaul to certain systems, especially the Sniper Rework.

Also, Fishing is the true endgame.

Old 2018-07-07, 20:25   Link #1072
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

MEGA THREAD REVIVAL TIME

Tennocon kicked off again this year, and boy did it deliver.

Theres an insane amount of new content coming this year and some looks really killer. The new venus area comes with the Fortuna update, along with custom gun crafting and the ability the build your own custom Moa pet. Theres also new vehicles for getting about the new area, animal tracking hunting and 2 new frames on the horizon.

The coolest thing for me was the new Railjack multicrew ship segment, where you and your party can all helm a larger ship to tackle new space based missions. It looked cool as hell.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also from the livestream DE have said the venus area will be around 5 times bigger than the plains !

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja