Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 22:15   Link #2341
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Let's just hope that if we do end up getting a new ending, Bioware doesn't further troll people.

Like so.

Spoiler for inb4snapekilleddumbledore:
Personally I'd like to see the Super Saiyan ending. Think Shepard could have pulled it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
RIP Marauder Shields... trying to protect us from the ending cutscenes:

All I can say about Marauder Shields....should have trained harder. Then we all could have been protected from that terrible ending .
Old 2012-03-16, 01:20   Link #2342
Xion Valkyrie

Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 02:39   Link #2343
killer3000ad

Another Indoctrination video claim.

It sounds compelling but I am not setting myself up for another fall if Bioware decisively decides to kill any plans for fixing the ending.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:43   Link #2344
Xion Valkyrie

I think modders will eventually get around to 'fixing' the ending if Bioware doesn't.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:48   Link #2345
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

It sounds compelling but I am not setting myself up for another fall if Bioware decisively decides to kill any plans for fixing the ending.
My emotional investment in the series is pretty much dead anyway. If it doesn't get fixed or even if it does get fixed, I doubt I'll ever buy another Mass Effect anything.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:00   Link #2346
Xion Valkyrie

The one real problem with the indoctrination theory + real ending DLC is why would Harbinger shoot an indoctrination beam at Shepard when he could just vaporize him?
Old 2012-03-16, 03:09   Link #2347
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The one real problem with the indoctrination theory + real ending DLC is why would Harbinger shoot an indoctrination beam at Shepard when he could just vaporize him?
It was actually his giant laser. It didn't actually hit Shepard. It hit the ground ahead of Shepard and she was caught in the explosion.

The indoctrination theory suggests that Shepard has been subjected to Reaper indoctrination from as early as ME2--remember, a great deal of the equipment and implants that were used to bring Shepard back from the dead was based on Reaper tech. Or at the very least, the beginning of ME3, once Shepard boards the Normandy (James' talking about a constant "humming" is potentially relevant).
Old 2012-03-16, 03:13   Link #2348
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It was actually his giant laser. It didn't actually hit Shepard. It hit the ground ahead of Shepard and she was caught in the explosion.

The indoctrination theory suggests that Shepard has been subjected to Reaper indoctrination from as early as ME2--remember, a great deal of the equipment and implants that were used to bring Shepard back from the dead was based on Reaper tech. Or at the very least, the beginning of ME3, once Shepard boards the Normandy (James' talking about a constant "humming" is potentially relevant).
Well, considering what the beam does to dreadnaughts...

Plus, if Shepard was knocked down and buried in the rubble, why would Harbinger actively try to indoctrinate Shepard? He'd only do it if he knew Shepard was alive, but if he knew he was alive he'd just vaporize him.

The only possible explanation is that indoctrination is some kind of 'passive' area of effect ability the Reapers have in that it works without them controlling it (or even knowing they're using it on someone). It'd be a pretty big stretch to say that's how indoctrination works though.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:21   Link #2349
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The derelict Reaper did it in ME2. Object Rho did it in Arrival. Random bits of Reaper tech did it to a hanar diplomat in ME3.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:41   Link #2350
killer3000ad

Old 2012-03-16, 03:56   Link #2351
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The derelict Reaper did it in ME2. Object Rho did it in Arrival. Random bits of Reaper tech did it to a hanar diplomat in ME3.
Ah I guess you're right. Didn't play Arrival but I do remember the ME2 part. I guess we never see the direct effects of indoctrination on anyone else so I guess we can't really compare Shepard's visions. They just seem a bit too personal and and intentional, but I guess that could be how all indoctrination works.
Old 2012-03-16, 04:08   Link #2352
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Ah I guess you're right. Didn't play Arrival but I do remember the ME2 part. I guess we never see the direct effects of indoctrination on anyone else so I guess we can't really compare Shepard's visions. They just seem a bit too personal and and intentional, but I guess that could be how all indoctrination works.
The in-game Codex specifically mentions things like strange dreams, and the rachni queen talked about "oily shadows" which we see around Shepard during the scene on the Citadel with the Illusive Man.

More than anything it's Bioware's behavior that makes me believe in MASSCEPTION. They keep claiming there's something yet to be released that will make everything make sense and turn everyone's negative opinions of the ending completely upside down.

These are very specific statements. If they aren't planning to do anything, if these are the final endings, saying things like that are a quick way to ensure your customers don't trust you. Paying customers usually don't like to pay someone who is a big fat liar.
Old 2012-03-16, 04:09   Link #2353
Elestia

How Mass Effect 3 should have ended.
Old 2012-03-16, 04:12   Link #2354
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
It was edited back. Since you didn't do that smart thing and post the SCREENSHOT, I'm gonna go with the favorite internet thing to say: Pics or it didn't happen.
Spoiler for casey hudson wiki page:
Old 2012-03-16, 05:22   Link #2355
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
I think modders will eventually get around to 'fixing' the ending if Bioware doesn't.
Modding this game..is simple..Stats-money-powers-fuel--reputation..and all..but for change the ending.....

Maybe if they come out with a DLC with another anding...this would be really a good idea...

i can't believe that i'm only the once that ha s a bug in the Academy Grissom mission..only in Italian game...i'm really unlucky..

However..i played the first and the second...i liked both of them..and i like the third as well..i'm trying to play a little because i want that the game last longer..but is really hard..to do it...even my girlfriend like it..and want to see the ending...
Old 2012-03-16, 05:28   Link #2356
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Modding this game..is simple..Stats-money-powers-fuel--reputation..and all..but for change the ending.....

Maybe if they come out with a DLC with another anding...this would be really a good idea...

i can't believe that i'm only the once that ha s a bug in the Academy Grissom mission..only in Italian game...i'm really unlucky..

However..i played the first and the second...i liked both of them..and i like the third as well..i'm trying to play a little because i want that the game last longer..but is really hard..to do it...even my girlfriend like it..and want to see the ending...
Dedicated modders were able to 'fix' KOTOR 2. Took them a long time, but they were able to do it.

They don't really even need to make it all fancy. Some edits of previous footage + some art + text slideshows (voiceovers if they coudl get a nice VA) would go a long way.
Old 2012-03-16, 06:00   Link #2357
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Dedicated modders were able to 'fix' KOTOR 2. Took them a long time, but they were able to do it.

They don't really even need to make it all fancy. Some edits of previous footage + some art + text slideshows (voiceovers if they coudl get a nice VA) would go a long way.

You're talking about of the pc version i presume...

Because i was talking about the xbox 360 games version..modding the stats and everything is simple..but modding the ending is impossible...

yes you're right..in the pc version, maybe you can do it..
Old 2012-03-16, 09:31   Link #2358
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

You just never know. It at least was a pretty decent claim for the theory.
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2012-03-16, 10:26   Link #2359
killer3000ad

Someone was trolling the ME twitter page.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:44   Link #2360
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Someone was trolling the ME twitter page.
...this is funny....

Tags
effect, games, mass