AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 02:16   Link #1421
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Smiles evilly*

Who knows? She might have been trained by a certain Goddess, for all we know.....
which goddess...??sumeragi sama....
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 02:41   Link #1422
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I sure do hope that this "Goddess" is on topic, otherwise I'll have to INSIST that any further discussion be taken to a social group where this potential off-topic can be on-topic (so I don't have to delete posts and issue infractions).

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 02:59   Link #1423
Sumeragi
Banned

Rikka calls her sister "Priestess", so I assume that Touka's employer (possible "Goddess") would be related to just how perfect Touka's movements are. We also have to consider how she uses her ladle as if it was an extension of her body.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 03:04   Link #1424
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I don't view Yuuta's treatment of Rikka as abusing but rather showing a very intimate relationship. It is to the point that Tsuyuri mistook them as childhood friends last episodes. I believe that the real closed friends are those that troll each other all the time. They are too closed to be bothered by such actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I think Dekomori meant she met Mori Summer on the internet, not that the book itself is actually on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
The first time that we heard, yes, but he says at the beginning of the episode that it's been a month since school started, and thus some time has passed since the previous episode. I assume he's been calling her "Rikka" for a while at this point.
What you two pointed out make sense. I do wish we'll see when he call her Rikka the first time though. Lite episode to the recuse, please.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 03:09   Link #1425
Skane
Anime Snark

Just waiting for people to insert "dramatic violins" for the close-up of Shinka in the park.

Old 2012-10-19, 04:23   Link #1426
teja208
Critical fanboy

Now that all the characters have been introduced and with the formation of the club, we're now officially past the first stage which is introduction and world building. I don't like anime that spent too much time introducing one character per episode, and by the time they done introducing all of them, it's already half way through the whole anime. It’s great to see that Kyoani didn't waste twice as much time on this stage.

As for the club, I'm not against the idea as it's a good rendezvous point for characters to meet and interact on daily bases as well as engage in club related activities, however, it seems a little bit forced when it comes to anime that doesn't center on the club itself. For this anime, I think character dynamics would appear more natural without needing the club.

Next step is likely flashing out characters and expanding their dynamics. I'm not surprise if next several episodes will focus more on one particular character. I'll be waiting to see the one that shed some light on Shinka (true?) character.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 04:53   Link #1427
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
I count Kikkio Inouie as a bit 'chunni' IRL myself.
Inoue Kikuko is not really chuuni - she's not into sub-culture/occult-magic/obscure foreign language and culture/reality-fantasy blurring role-play stuff like Rikka is, she's also not the anti-social DQN chuuni either, she's more closer to Kumin and Nana-chan the teacher which for all purpose appears fairly normal and does things by her own leisure pace but drops a random bombshell now and then.

I'm fairly certain the only person who would really get the "chuuni" label treatment in real life in the cast is Dekomori's Uesaka Sumire - as she's into lolita fashion and dolls (sub-culture: check), studies Russian because she likes USSR and Russian culture and history (obscure foreign language and culture: check), and is a military weapon otaku especially of the pre-WW2 kind (fascination with "old & cool" weapons: check). Heck, when she dresses up in goth loli she looks like a real-life Kuroneko of Oreimo.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 04:55   Link #1428
Philos
Official Siscon Member

I don't there is anyone already said about this or not, but there's no doubt anymore about Shinka's true objective to join the club.
Spoiler for Shinka:
Old 2012-10-19, 04:57   Link #1429
Sumeragi
Banned

That's been mentioned in about ten different posts already.
Old 2012-10-19, 04:59   Link #1430
whitecloud

I wonder what would her weapon be? Magic book? Staff? Or maybe cards?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 05:55   Link #1431
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Great episode, but there are two things I really don't want to happen.

1. Yuuta joining the club because of Shinka, rather than joining it due to Rikka asking him to.
Why? Yuuta dreams about Shinka constantly you know. It would make more sense and be funnier that way.

Quote:
2. Shinka having feelings for Yuuta (I would hate if this happens, since it would likely interfere with the development of the main relationship).
In a harem show like this, all the ladies have feelings for the leading man. That's pretty much how they work.

Quote:
I also want the story to begin focusing more on Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, since it's quite clear that's the direction it will eventually take, and I don't want those developments to feel rushed.
Do we even know if the anime will roughly follow the story of the LN at this point or not? Is Rikka even the designated 'winner' in the anime?
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:30   Link #1432
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
In a harem show like this, all the ladies have feelings for the leading man. That's pretty much how they work.
I've seen this stated several times in different places and I want to refute it. This is not a harem show nor has it given any indication whatsoever outside of maybe Nibutani.

Quote:
Do we even know if the anime will roughly follow the story of the LN at this point or not? Is Rikka even the designated 'winner' in the anime?
Ishihara has stated they are using the novel as a base. Given the upcoming summaries (or what I could read of them), there appears to be more novel-related content coming up. As for your second question, I direct you to the title of the show (and no, it doesn't refer to the middle-schooler).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:43   Link #1433
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I've seen this stated several times in different places and I want to refute it. This is not a harem show nor has it given any indication whatsoever outside of maybe Nibutani.
Wait, you mean you haven't spotted not even the slightest foreshadowing of romance between Rikka and Yuuta?

BTW for a show that isn't a "harem" it sure follows the standard of "all important characters must be female excluding the MC and his male friend" which is all over the place in eroge too.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:54   Link #1434
RJ TAYLER

In Inouie's case being '17' for decades does put you in the ball-park, at least partially. Mind you we have only seen one aspect of the condition played out so far, I am not ruling out other ways the condition could play itself out in a case by case way.
Old 2012-10-19, 07:55   Link #1435
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
My attempt.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Thank you so much, kind sir.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:00   Link #1436
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Wait, you mean you haven't spotted not even the slightest foreshadowing of romance between Rikka and Yuuta?

BTW for a show that isn't a "harem" it sure follows the standard of "all important characters must be female excluding the MC and his male friend" which is all over the place in eroge too.
You know, a show with a love triangle isn't necessarily a harem. I'm sure he means outside of Rikka, Nibutani is the only other character that might be romantically interested in Yuuta. More importantly, even if "all important characters" excluding the MC are female, it doesn't really mean anything unless they're all romantically interested in the MC.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:09   Link #1437
zigantz22

Quote:
Why? Yuuta dreams about Shinka constantly you know. It would make more sense and be funnier that way.
It might make more sense, but I enjoy the subtle development that involves Yuuta becoming increasingly accepting of Rikka and her delusions far more than his repetitive attraction towards the "prettiest girl in school".

Quote:
This isn't a harem show. It's a romantic comedy. At most, I could see a sort of triangle forming, but I think, as the story progresses, it will increasingly focus on Yuuta and Rikka's relationship.

Quote:
The interviews I've read along with the title clearly seem to indicate that this is, above all, Yuuta and Rikka's romance story.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that post is only discussing the "romance" potential for those that are not Rikka, and I'd have to agree; aside from some very slight Nibutani foreshadowing, there's been absolutely nothing to indicate that Sanae or Kumin like Yuuta.

Quote:
True, but it doesn't yet, and very likely won't, follow the standard of those girls actually liking the MC.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:19   Link #1438
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Given the title and the fact that we "see" them holding hands at the end of the OP, the romance between Yuuta and Rikka is a given. I was refering to the "harem" elements that Unknown Soldier said were present in a "show like this."

Quote:
A cast that is skewed more towards females does not mean it is a harem; it simply means there are more females in the cast than males. The focal point of a harem is that the main female cast have romantic feelings for Yuuta. Only Rikka and perhaps Nibutani (as I stated) have these feelings.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:21   Link #1439
Linglan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
What kind of chef is she...acrobatic and all...military chef?
Didn't you watch an old movie Under Siege? Don't mess with the Chef
Linglan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:35   Link #1440
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Given the title and the fact that we "see" them holding hands at the end of the OP, the romance between Yuuta and Rikka is a given.
Are you sure they were the ones holding hands? It might not be the case.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen