AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-12, 04:46   Link #881
otaku55
Dragon

Yes . I do hate Shimura Danzo and Uchiha Madara .
otaku55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:12   Link #882
_xHinatax_
xXxCute_HinataxXx

I really hate Sakura! She pisses me off all the time
_xHinatax_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 19:22   Link #883
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xHinatax_ View Post
I really hate Sakura! She pisses me off all the time
Whats a shock! Especially after seeing your username

OT: Hinata. Completely unnecessary character.
Old 2013-10-18, 20:16   Link #884
Rachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Naruto@ View Post
Hate is such a strong word, maybe dislike is better. In my opinion, there's not really

a character that I dislike. Well at least not now, maybe later in the episodes.
Like he said I can't say I hate anyone. But I do dislike some characters. One in particular is Ino. I mean she defines the word useless. Even in Shippuden. At least Sakura got stronger and can be useful in some occasions. Ino couldn't even help during the Hidan and Kakuzu fight. She was just there. Basically irrelevant to the fight.
Old 2013-10-18, 22:43   Link #885
itachi-san314

yea i've always thought it's stupid when a character doesn't contribute. if a character is present for a fight, at least have them shine for a move or two and then get pushed back into nonexistence. when the fight's over they won't seem useless, just not as good as whoever did the most to win
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 11:18   Link #886
Reality_Breaker

Sakura because shes useless and Sasuke because he's way too emo, also why the hell does Kishimoto keep giving him new jutsu when every other character has only two they spam for the entirety of the series (Naruto - Shadow Clones and Rasengan) or for some reason get nerfed so bad they forget stuff they used to do (Kakashi - Copy Ninja = Retconned), just reading the manga you can feel that Sasuke really is his favorite character. The only reason I haven't dropped this mess is because after years of following it I need to see how bad the ending is.
Old 2013-10-19, 11:27   Link #887
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Sakura because shes useless
http://sparda3g.tumblr.com/post/6444...a-appreciation

Also this...

Spoiler for posts:
Old 2013-10-19, 15:24   Link #888
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Also this...

Spoiler for posts:
but what is a character's usefulness if other characters can easily fill the void if they left? plus a lot of what you mentioned is just busy filler work that kishi had her do so one of his 'main characters' had at least something to do. also, sakura has an almost non-existent story-line. i mean what is it? she couldn't compare to naruto and sasuke so she became a medic so she could stay in the background and heal them when needed? that's completely uninteresting and just serves as a bandaid for the characters who actually matter and are interesting. and she has no idiosyncrasies as a character either. inner-sakura was good, even though it was kinda goofy, but it's been gone so long it doesn't matter anymore. now she's just a milk toast healer character who could be easily replaced by tsunade, shizune, ino, etc... and that list is just proof that kishi can't write women at all
Old 2013-10-19, 15:34   Link #889
Candeloro1

Almost every good guy in Naruto.

From bleach, Kon and some who seem to have immortal plot armor.

Louis from Freezing.

actually my list is too big.
Candeloro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 16:11   Link #890
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
but what is a character's usefulness if other characters can easily fill the void if they left? plus a lot of what you mentioned is just busy filler work that kishi had her do so one of his 'main characters' had at least something to do. also, sakura has an almost non-existent story-line. i mean what is it? she couldn't compare to naruto and sasuke so she became a medic so she could stay in the background and heal them when needed? that's completely uninteresting and just serves as a bandaid for the characters who actually matter and are interesting. and she has no idiosyncrasies as a character either. inner-sakura was good, even though it was kinda goofy, but it's been gone so long it doesn't matter anymore. now she's just a milk toast healer character who could be easily replaced by tsunade, shizune, ino, etc... and that list is just proof that kishi can't write women at all
Could anyone do remote healing through Katsuya? Tsunade could have, but she wasn't there. Does Shizune, Ino, Tsunade or any other female have a string connection to Naruto? To declare his feelings to the rest of the Shinobi Alliance? Without her could 1/10 of Katsuya be summoned to the battlefield and allow the alliance to keep fighting without having chakra completely drained? Who has shown a subplot with Sasuke's upcoming betrayal, and who has the team 7 connection to be part of the Naruto vs. Sasuke confrontation? Who worries that Naruto is still keeping things to himself regarding that? No else comes close to Sakura.

While what she does is not the focus most of time in a shounen manga. What she does is important in the grand scheme of things. Whether abilities or emotional connections.
Old 2013-10-20, 21:35   Link #891
itachi-san314

the funny thing is that sakura even acknowledged her own uselessness, which is why she became a medic. all she did was get in the way and be a burden to her teammates. even after the timeskip she's managed to be a burden many times. vs orochimaru and kabuto on the heaven and earth bridge she was instantly ko'd and had to be rescued. vs hidan and kakuzu she was entirely useless. vs pain she was useless. vs sasuke she had to be rescued and wound up getting naruto poisoned with her own kunai, etc...

she was useful vs sasori (which got my hopes up only to be constantly let down since then) and of course healing is useful all be it boring and simply busy work to keep the interesting characters on their feet. but all in all, it's my opinion that her uselessness far outweighs her usefulness which is primarily just healing, something of which all the villages have an entire squad dedicated to just that.
Old 2013-10-21, 01:01   Link #892
Kurohane

You're right, she acknowledged how she was powerless to do anything to stop Sasuke or help Naruto. That's why she went to Tsunade. However, basically what you are saying is that because she didn't have prominent role in those battles, she's useless. She's only determined worth by fighting, not the emotional support or other little things she provides others in lackluster moments, like to Naruto when Tsunade was in a coma, one of many examples where she helps in other ways. Also, have you considered that all her self doubt and supposed uselessness is leading to something?
Old 2013-10-21, 09:28   Link #893
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Also, have you considered that all her self doubt and supposed uselessness is leading to something?
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2013-10-21, 12:18   Link #894
Kurohane

That's part of the development. The fact she still needed help proves she's still growing.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:38   Link #895
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
That's part of the development. The fact she still needed help proves she's still growing.
After 651 chapters, really ?
Old 2013-10-22, 10:40   Link #896
Myo
Imoutolicious

I hate Danzo because he's Danzo and an all round dick.

I hated Kabuto up until we saw his past.

I don't really hate anyone, to be honest. I suppose Pain a little for being a dick.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:57   Link #897
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
After 651 chapters, really ?
Well it works for Sasuke and Naruto...
Old 2013-10-22, 11:01   Link #898
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Well it works for Sasuke and Naruto...
Kishi ignored almost every female character when it came to development so, expecting that to change now is, honestly, quite naive'.
Old 2013-10-22, 11:12   Link #899
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Kishi ignored almost every female character when it came to development so, expecting that to change now is, honestly, quite naive'.
Sakura's journey is maybe slow. But it's there.
Old 2013-10-22, 12:23   Link #900
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Sakura's journey is maybe slow. But it's there.
Well, you're the one who's gonna end up disappointed if you pinning your hopes on Kishi in regards to female characters