AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 16:24   Link #581
Dop
Mmmm....

Great way to end the show that's been one of my highlights of the season.
It's the kind of quality show that we need more of.

Fingers very much crossed for a third season next year.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 17:27   Link #582
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Figured Hachiken wouldn't so easily make up with his father. That guy is a real hard-ass. It's possible father and son will never understand each other.

I really enjoyed the scenes with Hachiken's mother. It's great that at least one of his parent understands Hachiken and supports him. She's a really nice woman.

This season was absurdly great. It was an improvement over the first one that was already really good. This is the kind of slice of life/coming of age anime I'd like to see more often. I hope we'll get a third season, it'd be a shame to stop there, right in the middle of Hachiken's story. Thankfully, there's always the manga if they never make one.
Old 2014-03-27, 17:51   Link #583
forcerounds

I don't think there is enough source material to make a third season, but OVAs are still possible, so I am hoping for that. New manga chapters are not released consistently because Arakawa has to take care of her children. I believe she had another baby a few months ago.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 18:16   Link #584
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
I don't think there is enough source material to make a third season, but OVAs are still possible, so I am hoping for that. New manga chapters are not released consistently because Arakawa has to take care of her children. I believe she had another baby a few months ago.
I think she's also working on the new Arslan Senki manga.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 05:46   Link #585
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I think she's also working on the new Arslan Senki manga.
Arslan Senki is based off an existing novel (there exists an older manga and anime series from what I know), so at least she doesn't need to deal with the story elements that much.

Its still another half a series to juggle with along with her kids + Gin no Saji though.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 21:16   Link #586
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And Hachiken seem to go out in the middle with his mom come to see the school he gose to but still no where with his dad

6/10 wouldnt mind for anther season
Old 2014-04-12, 20:50   Link #587
Miraluka
Banned

I just finished the first season, how are the sales for the second season?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 06:45   Link #588
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Around 2100. Not good, but they were never expected to be, I don't think. The manga continues to be a sales behemoth, though.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 11:02   Link #589
GDB

Unfortunately though, I don't think Shounen Sunday was that big of an investor in the anime. So unless they decide to invest more, or overseas sales (whenever Aniplex gets around to releasing it) are massive (they won't be), I don't foresee a season 3.

Unless somehow this is one of those weird series that seems like it'd have no merchandise but does, and that sells insanely well?

That said... c'mon Viz, gimme english Silver Spoon manga!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 18:25   Link #590
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unfortunately though, I don't think Shounen Sunday was that big of an investor in the anime. So unless they decide to invest more, or overseas sales (whenever Aniplex gets around to releasing it) are massive (they won't be), I don't foresee a season 3.

Unless somehow this is one of those weird series that seems like it'd have no merchandise but does, and that sells insanely well?

That said... c'mon Viz, gimme english Silver Spoon manga!
On that note... SS just instituted a "Hokkaido pork" promotion to go along with the 100th chapter celebration. So merchandising does exist!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 20:54   Link #591
GDB

So... did the second season not get a physical release or something? I don't see anything for it in terms of DVDs, Blurays, or raws thereof. Based on the release schedule season 1 had, they should've started releasing like 4 months ago.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agriculture, comedy