AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-20, 11:01   Link #3901
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
I still refuse to believe that there are serious differences in the design of the characters, so that there are really good and really bad ones (With the exception being George, George is bad^^)

As for the tournament website. I asked a friend for help, who has way more experience doing this stuff (way more experience than me = >0 ^^).
We started throwing ideas around and he did this first design template in PS.
Spoiler for Template:

Of course the real work hasn't started yet, but generally I am against DaBackpack's suggestion due to reasons of fairness.
My friend also suggested making some kind of highscore rewarding the first few players points of some sort. What do you think of that?
Disregard the 'Forum' button for now. We do not plan including a forum, he just thought there was a full forum in place...

Also I want to ask of you a few tips for training. Ougon is my first fighting game that I play 'seriously'. And so far I just played without focusing on any specific character whatsoever. I just played and played and am now at that point where I beat the hard AI with some people without serious trouble. From here on I feel kind of lost. I get the feeling that I do almost never real combos and neglect my defense, especially when I see YT-matches, I feel like a plain noob. How to continue getting better in Ougon? Please help
There are several reasons why Rosa and Jessica are terrible characters lol.

Ougon is also the only fighter I play seriously, and I started in January. At this point, you might want to completely stop playing CPUs; they give really bad habits against human players.

Second, you might want to play more human players. Even if you get totally beaten, you'll learn from your mistakes and maybe even learn stuff while playing against better skilled people.

Lastly, picking weaker characters is never really a good idea if you're starting out. I like to think that Dlanor, Beatrice and Battler are good characters if you're starting out. Once you build real experience and actually improve, you can move on to other characters and build your real team.

Also, don't be afraid to join the IRC. Though it may be inactive at times, there are always people willing to play or give advice regarding the game.

Also@ your template, it's almost like you're making some kind of ladder system. That's pretty cool.

LAST EDIT (for real now) : I forgot to say, training mode is an excellent way to improve your execution (doing combos consistently). I usually practice combos until I can do them 9 times out of 10.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:09   Link #3902
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

I suppose that Dlanor is a bad chara to start with, probably someone who is still learning the game mechanics will only get zoned all day
Old 2012-06-20, 11:13   Link #3903
Solkiskey

Against Beatrice, use the projectile shield then tag. Against Lia, just be patient and wait for a mistake. Against 410... well... just rage. Dlanor is a seriously braindead character, can deal 3000+ unburstable damage easily with her ridiculous SP2 and barely scaling CMD grab. Her ability is also fucking ridiculous, 50% defense for 15 seconds? Full of what. Use Battler/Dlanor for awesome "I don't care if I get hit in metaworld" team.

Dlanor may have bad mobility, but unlike characters like Jessica, she has things to make up for it.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:23   Link #3904
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey
Second, you might want to play more human players. Even if you get totally beaten, you'll learn from your mistakes and maybe even learn stuff while playing against better skilled people.
I cannot stress this enough. Playing actual people is a completely different game from playing the CPU, and one of the things you will learn really quickly from playing real people is finding out what exactly you NEED to learn to get better. From that point its just the matter of getting more experience and nailing down some core combos in training mode.

I haven't been able to get on the IRC for a while which makes me sad, but hopefully I'll be able to get back to playing Ougon again soon lol
Old 2012-06-20, 11:25   Link #3905
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
I cannot stress this enough. Playing actual people is a completely different game from playing the CPU, and one of the things you will learn really quickly from playing real people is finding out what exactly you NEED to learn to get better. From that point its just the matter of getting more experience and nailing down some core combos in training mode.

I haven't been able to get on the IRC for a while which makes me sad, but hopefully I'll be able to get back to playing Ougon again soon lol
Though Boss Black Battler really helps with the poking game, hehe.

Hopefully you get on soon man, we'll have some Erika matches! I still haven't dropped her yet even though I think she's mediocre.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:49   Link #3906
TwilightsCall

I pretty much always thought she was mediocre, but I don't like giving up a character I like just because of them 'being weaker' XD
Old 2012-06-20, 12:19   Link #3907
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey View Post
Against Beatrice, use the projectile shield then tag. Against Lia, just be patient and wait for a mistake. Against 410... well... just rage. Dlanor is a seriously braindead character, can deal 3000+ unburstable damage easily with her ridiculous SP2 and barely scaling CMD grab. Her ability is also fucking ridiculous, 50% defense for 15 seconds? Full of what. Use Battler/Dlanor for awesome "I don't care if I get hit in metaworld" team.

Dlanor may have bad mobility, but unlike characters like Jessica, she has things to make up for it.
Yeah, but you were talking about chara to start with, I was not talking about the chara itself.
I doubt that people new to the game have the patience to deal with Lia, 410 etc
236236C (x2) isn't difficult but neither immediate to someone new to fighting games
and her normals are so bad that you have to know what you are doing
Old 2012-06-20, 12:27   Link #3908
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Ugh... Trying to play this game in Normal is being hard for me. I think I'll start playing using the keyboard when trying in Normal and a gamepad when using Princess.

My current goal is mastering Ronove/either Dlanor, Battler or Virgilia
Old 2012-06-20, 12:30   Link #3909
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
Ugh... Trying to play this game in Normal is being hard for me. I think I'll start playing using the keyboard when trying in Normal and a gamepad when using Princess.

My current goal is mastering Ronove/either Dlanor, Battler or Virgilia
Good luck with it, Gabriel! Also, a joypad/gamepad isn't that expensive. Near my house some guys sell it for 20 or 25 bucks.
Old 2012-06-20, 13:01   Link #3910
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
Yeah, but you were talking about chara to start with, I was not talking about the chara itself.
I doubt that people new to the game have the patience to deal with Lia, 410 etc
236236C (x2) isn't difficult but neither immediate to someone new to fighting games
and her normals are so bad that you have to know what you are doing
Dealing with Lia and 410 is always hard if you're a beginner, wether you're using Dlanor or anyone else, man.

Dlanor's normals? Bad? Are we playing the same game?? Her attacks are fairly fast, have huge range, she has some ridiculous antiair 6B that hits so much upward range, her overhead has little start up and almost NO recovery, her j.C has more priority than most moves, her j.b is also amazing. I think her only bad move is c.5c, it's meh. f.5c is very useful, as it hits low, 6C and f.5c for high/low mixups man.

To begin with, a character with sword normals in this game can't have bad normals.
Old 2012-06-20, 13:37   Link #3911
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Fairly fast?
Old 2012-06-21, 14:58   Link #3912
cronnoponno

Hearing this talk about how godly Dlanor is makes me feel bad, Dlanor and Battler are two of my favorite Umineko characters and I really enjoy playing them, and if I ever start to seriously use them it sounds like everyone's just gonna nag on me for using the best of the best.

I do want to try getting better with Lambda though, because I like her even more than Dlanor.
Old 2012-06-21, 16:02   Link #3913
maximilianjenus
[E]

do not feel bad about using them because kanon and lucifer.

actually, that's not it, if you use the characters because you like them it does not matter what tier are they as long as it is not S broken tier, which is the unplayable one and thankfully we don't have characters like that in this game.
Old 2012-06-21, 21:02   Link #3914
Solkiskey

They will complain, you will laugh. It's the salt bro, don't feel bad.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:23   Link #3915
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
Well, okay, I'll take OMK more seriously. OMK and MK9 were the first fighters that I played seriously, so yeah.

But I'll still searching a main team for me. And the tournament is getting closer. o.o
Old 2012-06-22, 04:17   Link #3916
TwilightsCall

I should learn to play this game again so I can join the tournament.

Its suprising how much worse I got over the course of not playing for a week or two.
Old 2012-06-22, 20:31   Link #3917
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullClad View Post
Well, okay, I'll take OMK more seriously. OMK and MK9 were the first fighters that I played seriously, so yeah.

But I'll still searching a main team for me. And the tournament is getting closer. o.o
You so lucky! I can't even play because my notebook sucks!

Question: What is championship's days? I can TRY to join, via my grandmother's notebook, only if championship is going to be in a weekend.
Old 2012-06-22, 23:14   Link #3918
Solkiskey

It depends, I don't know. I don't think the whole tournament will be in one day considering not everyone's free at the same time, and also timezones.

EDIT : I think I finally have the time to upload matches. I'll do so in the afternoon or something. I just picked up Ange so I will upload matches of me using Battler/Ange.

Last edited by Solkiskey; 2012-06-23 at 23:47.
Old 2012-06-24, 11:53   Link #3919
Asuka0NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I use MotionInJoy, and use

Square = A
X = B
O = C
Triangle = Touch
R2: SP move
R1: Grab
L1: Meta declaration
I'm using that too but the thing is I have no idea what the buttons are in japanese on the actual controller setup on Ougon. I am using the basic PS3 buttons. I just don't know what to assign each to in the controller setup.
Old 2012-06-24, 18:15   Link #3920
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
I'm using that too but the thing is I have no idea what the buttons are in japanese on the actual controller setup on Ougon. I am using the basic PS3 buttons. I just don't know what to assign each to in the controller setup.
The controls are in order
A
B
C
Tag
Taunt
Start
Closed Thread