AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 24 26.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 42.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 20.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-28, 01:53   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Suisei no Gargantia, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:56   Link #2
Mangaka-chan

Judging by last week's preview this episode will be more slice-of-life than the previous 3 episodes. I'm interested to see more of Gargantia and whatever shenanigans Amy's friends might have in store for us.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:54   Link #3
hai_san

Damn the anticipation is killing me... not as bad as Unicorn yet but still SnG is till the serie i look most forward to this season atm.
Old 2013-04-28, 08:46   Link #4
Algent

Spoiler for End Card:
Old 2013-04-28, 09:56   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-04-28, 11:19   Link #6
tsunade666

Wow... he just started working and he is already in dept. such treatment -_-
Old 2013-04-28, 11:44   Link #7
lightbringer
M9000

I was wrong. At the rate he's going, he'll have full mastery of spoken moonspeak (seaspeak?) within an episode or two.
Old 2013-04-28, 12:50   Link #8
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am suspicious of the black antena looking thinig, it looks out of place...
Old 2013-04-28, 12:58   Link #9
SonicSpeed

During the flashback, is that his little brother send into space, because he was weak, disabled, or anything that possible has to do with his health. He seem to be sad because all he remember is that his little brother has that flute and he probably played the flute before. Considers that he recall his memory.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:03   Link #10
Entravity

Nice calm episode, but the end part is well done. It made me actually care for his situation and the disparity between two different people.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:04   Link #11
mikeomni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I am suspicious of the black antena looking thinig, it looks out of place...
Yeah, that was the one thing that seemed out of place. It looked like a tower where someone lived but I doubt that was its original purpose. Unlike everything else in Gargantia it didn't appear corroded. Plus the scale of thing was huge. Pointing straight up it reminds me of an attachment point for a space elevator. I suppose it could also be the tube to a rail launcher.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:08   Link #12
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Looks like Bebel will be around alot to give Ledo some perspective. Well, also because he has alot of time to talk to Ledo because of his condition. Ledo will at least understand that "sick" people can contribute in some form or another. Hopefully, Ledo will find his place in this society outside of being the military ass kicker he's been so far.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:09   Link #13
Midonin
Last Engage

Gargantia 04 - Cruise Control

This is the kind of story I was expecting from this series back when it was announced. The first episode since the beginning with nobody getting killed, no overtly military elements - just surviving and enjoying life with friends at sea on Gargantia. It's good to see Ledo starting to snap out of his mindset, and that brief flashback hints that soldiers like him aren't born, they're made. I know giant space... things (Cryptids?) aren't the most pleasant to deal with, but Earth looks like the better place to live. I should know, I've lived there my whole life. (*rimshot*) Chamber does look a little suspicious with his intent to stop Ledo from being here, even if he is a hero and starting to get used to it, but he's an AI - one with some degree of sentience, mind you, but if Chamber started living here I can see it ending up like Straight Title Robot Anime's finale. He can't process the non-military life on Earth and just shuts down. Laughter has that effect on a person. I know this relaxing pace can't be kept up forever, but next week looks like a beach/swimsuit episode, and that means at least a little bit of fanservice. Viva fanservice! The Gargantians are what got me watching this series, and they're the ones I'm rooting for. Plus, their swimsuits look sexier than the ones in Majestic Prince. This is a very crucial element to weigh the shows on.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:23   Link #14
hai_san

Oha only 4th ep and Ledo is already in troubled thought about this "home". Bebel 2 killer lines+flute makes Ledo from obedient soldier to a more "human" being. Dunno about the boy in capsule is that Ledo younger brother or is it himself there and the one outside is his brother/father/genetic donor?
Old 2013-04-28, 13:28   Link #15
Gravitas Free Zone

The bit with the rain catching brought up another minor bit of scene trivia from Waterworld... though it did provide some further insight on their technology level; they would need to have some form of water treatment to support that large a population, but natural fresh water would still be an important supplement. Not knowing how the ships are powered, it's difficult to guess whether there is any other means of desalinating.

Big black tower: There is a building with some plants growing on it at the top. Presumably we'll find out what that is in due time.

It would seem that Chamber is more willing to roll with the punches in the current circumstances than Ledo is, but that's the benefit of being a pragmatic AI, I suppose. It might also be possible that Chamber does have some idea of where they are but it makes no sense to it yet. And now we find that Chamber is willing to be directed by others... which, presumably would not extend to hostile actions directed toward Ledo or other humans, but might give people bad ideas about removing Ledo from circulation.

So the Galactic Alliance's entire social organization is based around what seems to be the Clone Life and being cogs in the big wheel? The first episode suggested a civilian population on Avalon, but that seems a bit less likely now. Then again, maybe there is one, and it would be a matter of Ledo needing to be pointed at the right... places... to go while on shore leave.

Next week: Beach Episode already?
Old 2013-04-28, 13:28   Link #16
Kirarakim

This episode was excellent, even though it was just slice of life with world and character building it was done so well.

Ledo is so clueless and adorable. Not really sure how he grew up as well as he did in the world he grew up in. Loved his conversation with Amy's little brother.

And can I say how pleased I am Bebel is a little brother and not a little sister.

Looks like next week is the swimming service episode.

I only wonder when the plot line is going to kick into gear, after all this is only a one cour series. It's fantastic they are taking the time to build the world and characters but I just hope things won't be rushed in the end.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:32   Link #17
ookamigirl

Dealing with the aftermath of all the damages.
Nice and relaxing episode this time.
Ledo seems to have been adapting nicely.
At least he got to spend some time with Amy.
Guess he still hasn't figured out that people have more freedom there.
He doesn't know how to be free...

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-04-28, 13:36   Link #18
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

The whole conversation between Ledo and Bebel seems like therapy session between a patient and a psychologist.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:41   Link #19
Tranhieu

Very nice episode. Though we all expected Ledo's gonna change his mindset sooner or later from being a strict soldier who always follows orders and rational thinking to a more understanding human being, this episode really struck me by how the world of future Earth is so beautifully depicted without exaggerating the idea of 'everyone lives together happily ever after'. Plus the way it skillfully brings up those nuances of the 2 worlds (the downpour, families, kids) really grew on me. All in all, most favorite episode so far. I've had enough violence with Shingeki no Kyojin already :P
Old 2013-04-28, 13:50   Link #20
Kirarakim

Okay at first I thought Ledo's flashback was all him at different ages but then I looked at the screencaps again and realize it must be his own brother.

I guess Ledo's brother was killed because he was not a benefit to society.