AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-07-03, 05:14   Link #21
Tiberium Wolf

Yep! You get tricked by your parents that ghosts/spirits exist. When you reach the age of reason those beliefs are all gone.
Old 2008-07-03, 08:57   Link #22
Jigsy
I get paid to post. ^_#

I don't know, I was watching Ghost Hunters on YouTube last night/this morning ... and that seemed pretty convincing.
Jigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 09:36   Link #23
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i really didnt believe in ghosts until last year. i was tending my car in my garage when i saw a girl walk by and when i looked at her i saw that she had no face. what was unexplainable was that i was not scared or anything while i continued fixing my car, and i only realized what i saw when it was 1-2 minutes after i saw the image.

i dont know if i was fooling myself or what, but that was a strange experience.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 18:12   Link #24
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

We would all like to believe that ghosts exist. But the sad truth is that they don't. All my life I have been reading a lot on that topic but not even once have anything happened to me personally. Yeah you can see a lot of reports on the TV, net and even in this thread but in reality those are just your mind playing tricks on you. The existence of an afterlife as well is just our instinctive conviction put in place to minimize our fear of death. There's nothing after really. No god. I'd be happy if someone proved me wrong but there's a lot of stories and legends and an absolute lack of scientific evidence on the matter.
neqael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:59   Link #25
kyoji-kun
2DestroyU

I don't exactly believe in ghost but I love watching and reading things about ghost stuffs. if they are really real, I don't want to see them!
kyoji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 04:36   Link #26
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Smile Ghost are Real????

Well, its already been obvious that you all are aware that there are many ghost, monster, zombies, vampires, aliens and demons theme animes that have been already in trend in the anime industry.

l just wanted you all to share your believes and opinions regarding these things, for example, do believe in them? Have you seen them? Do they exist in your folklore etc. Please share them in accordance of the Halloween season!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 04:55   Link #27
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
In my place, we got this "aswang". They are usually monsters disguising as beautiful women ( they are females) by day.

When its night, their body divides into two, the upper part detaches, wings grow at the back, fangs on the mouth. The lower part just walks and hides from view.

They usually attacks pregnant women (probably at the third term, they can tell by smelling), at there houses. They fly on top of the house. They slip there tongue ( which stretches very long) in openings of the roofs the, it enters the mother and stoles the unborn child unnoticed and eats them whole.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:29   Link #28
solomon

All I know is that.......THE HILLS HAVE EYES
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 06:58   Link #29
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I heard that daemons have chicken feet... I can't verify the accuracy of that since I never saw one. I've also heard a few places that Hitler may have been a daemon and have had chicken feet. That sounds less accurate though.
Old 2010-11-01, 07:46   Link #30
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I don't know if ghosts really do exist, and it's really hard to say that they do. I've been told that they appear when you're not exactly asleep but also not exactly awake, but somewhere between the two. I could explain that logically, it means that you're dreaming but you can see what's in front of you in reality and so you percieve your dreams taking place in real life. Not just ghosts, though, but demons or angels as well. I wouldn't believe in ghosts until I actually see one though.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 08:09   Link #31
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Imo ghost doesn't exist otherwise we'll see them , yeah you'll say that maybe they're invisible but so they are no point to talk about them as we can't see them. But what if they can move stuffs or whatever? Meh , i don't see it happening. It's psychologic. I remember my youth , i watched a lot of horror movies then when i was solo i imagined a lot of things and start to see and ear weird things but in fact that was just in my head.

The only thing in my life that i didn't understand and wasn't my imagination was in Halloween yeah coincidence . I came back to my home after collecting candies , i was on a wall ready to jump on my garden but something fast and black went past on my foot then i fell on a pillar but fortunately it just scratched me otherwise i won't be here today...
A bird/bat ? no way that a bird/bat is so fast and so black like a shadow + it didn't touch me but i still fell and there were the light on my right where he went but nothing was showing. At the end i was bleeding , my sis helped me. That was a big choke and i'll always remember it.
For folklore , in the familly we believe that they exist and we did some tradition like to help them go in heaven or whatever. I won't argue much about it.

I'll believe in them if i'll see one of them .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:21   Link #32
JRendell
Manga Addict

Personally, I have not yet had an experience that has given me proof that Ghosts, or any other 'mythical' creatures exist. Therefore, I remain skeptical about their existence.

However, I have met a few people who have told me that they have seen Ghosts.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:23   Link #33
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I don't believe in ghost because I have never seen one of them. I think most story about ghost are mostly and only psychological or some natural phenomenon that we don't know well yet.

The same about monster. To me monster are most likely species that we don't know yet or psychological effect.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:29   Link #34
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
The same about monster. To me monster are most likely species that we don't know yet or psychological effect.
I agree with this. 'Monster' rarely gets used nowadays, unless you watch a 1970s horror flick. Unless I myself see some concrete proof that the supernatural or mythical exist, then I find them hard to believe in.

I think that most 'sightings' can be simply put down to Sleep Paralysis, which I think Tsuyoshi was getting at.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:35   Link #35
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
I agree with this. 'Monster' rarely gets used nowadays, unless you watch a 1970s horror flick. Unless I myself see some concrete proof that the supernatural or mythical exist, then I find them hard to believe in.

I think that most 'sightings' can be simply put down to Sleep Paralysis, which I think Tsuyoshi was getting at.
I mentioned that before in another thread. What I meant was a little different because when you're half asleep, you see your dream mixing with reality, but you don't really feel it with your body. Sleep paralysis is different because your mind is fully awake, unlike in the case I described, but the rest of your body is trying to catch up, so you feel as if gravity just got ten times stronger and you feel a sudden fear that you're being crushed. Some people, including the friend who told me about the case I described before, say this is when a demon is trying feed on your fear, but it's actually just sleep paralysis, as you said.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myth