AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 14:04   Link #181
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I love me some good ol'metal Blitzcrank action, but there's too many Heimers around...while this is good since I use Nunu quite a bit, I really wanna play Annie and Shen more, and the same characters over and over (Heimer/Morde/fiddles or any popular caster) put me at a disadvantage.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 14:36   Link #182
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Shen is good no matter what is your opponent.

I really hate the tier list. Recently it's nothing but Anivia, Twitch, Corki in my game.
Old 2010-11-30, 19:49   Link #183
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I recently bought a Soraka and will be trying the supportive champ for a few games.
I can own real good with Ashe and Annie (although for Annie I really need a tank like Mordy to assist me).

The Mordy-Annie team is a nice combination on my last game. Was laning against an Ashe and Vlad as Annie, and even though they got the range advantage, Mordy's E and my stunbomb Tibbers kept them from really advancing. Cleanse, however, is my bestfriend throughout the game.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 21:56   Link #184
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Twitch is not that much of a problem unless he has Janna, Morgana or even a Shen as shield. Especially with that game with Groutagg. Twitch has a Janna support while Gragas, Malphite and Anivia provided some nuisance while trying to get to him. Two knockbacks screwed us up. Nothing bad happened after the match, it was a friendly one. Even I got complemented by Groutagg for my map awareness.

Sad, no Udyr this lineup. I'm dying to try him. D:
Old 2010-12-01, 00:55   Link #185
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

New patch note. I am not pleased with the Janna nerf. I am not.
It's not that support champion can protect ranged carries too well, it's the problem of the ranged carries themselves. Instead of doing something about the ranged carries, they nerf Janna, seriously.

Why would you play support champ anymore anyway if the supporter can't support?
Old 2010-12-01, 01:20   Link #186
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ It will introduce the new concept of support jungler Haven't read the patch notes yet, hopping to it.
Quote:
Sad, no Udyr this lineup. I'm dying to try him. D:
That makes two of us...
Old 2010-12-01, 01:25   Link #187
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I can kinda see why they'd do that. Janna's shield lasts through her cooldown without CDR items if I remember correctly, so someone could have a permanent BF sword if they stay out of range and the tanks do well. Not saying that would ever happen, but...
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 02:08   Link #188
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wow, nerf patrol on the loose! I am, however, very confused: why did they nerf the starting items (doran's set) when they are the most user-friendly items in the game? I can understand some things like nerfing Galio's ulti or taking off a stack from WW, hell even Morganna's nerf in both stun and damage, but reducing early-game survivability is a bad idea, methinks...oh, and what's up with the jungle adjustments?
Old 2010-12-01, 05:39   Link #189
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Wow, nerf patrol on the loose! I am, however, very confused: why did they nerf the starting items (doran's set) when they are the most user-friendly items in the game? I can understand some things like nerfing Galio's ulti or taking off a stack from WW, hell even Morganna's nerf in both stun and damage, but reducing early-game survivability is a bad idea, methinks...oh, and what's up with the jungle adjustments?
Doran's Blade is way too good for its price, beside they nerf the HP while buffing what's necessary to prevent the "passive" play, and encourage more aggressive playstyle.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2010-12-01 at 07:46. Reason: grammar, duh.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 07:07   Link #190
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Wow, this Molten Rammus sale makes me want to buy it and play him again after almost a year.
Not to mention it's gonna look good in the upcoming Magma Chamber map.
Old 2010-12-01, 09:49   Link #191
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Doran's Blade is way too good for its price, beside they nerf the HP while buffing what's necessary to prevent the "passive" play, and encourage more aggressive playstyle.
Hah, passive play...well, that statement is valid, but still, items are supposed to be cost-effective in the beginning of the game. Then again, Doran's shield was left untouched, but you can't have everyone start out with a shield, the mana regen and lifesteal from the other items help stay in lane for too long to pass up.
Quote:
Magma Chamber map.
We're getting a new map? Also, magma chamber in winter? :P
Old 2010-12-01, 12:54   Link #192
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Hah, passive play...well, that statement is valid, but still, items are supposed to be cost-effective in the beginning of the game. Then again, Doran's shield was left untouched, but you can't have everyone start out with a shield, the mana regen and lifesteal from the other items help stay in lane for too long to pass up.
Doran's shield is the weakest one among the 3. You don't see anyone stacks Doran's Shield, yet stacking 3 Doran's Blade is common, and 2 Doran's Ring works for some champion (like Janna, Kayle).

Tried out Irelia today, I think I like her. Will buy her after Swain.
Curse me for liking 6300 IP champions.
Old 2010-12-01, 15:30   Link #193
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just realized how new I am to the game...I've had less than 100 games, and today I was matched against a team with like, 3-4 new players to me. It's really weird when you don't know your opponent's moves and common strategies, I was farmed like fertile lands in a hot summer.
Quote:
You don't see anyone stacks Doran's Shield, yet stacking 3 Doran's Blade is common, and 2 Doran's Ring works for some champion (like Janna, Kayle).
Oh yeah, I think I saw that once a few days ago...but if shields were stackable, I bet they'd nerf those too!
Quote:
Will buy her after Swain.
Currently interested in Swain, Malzahar, Ezreal and Karthus, but Shaco's on 3150 now...what to dooo... [current IP:5100]
Old 2010-12-02, 04:05   Link #194
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
We're getting a new map? Also, magma chamber in winter? :P
A new map meaning it's the 3rd one. So it won't replace Autumn map.
Old 2010-12-02, 04:53   Link #195
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Currently interested in Swain, Malzahar, Ezreal and Karthus, but Shaco's on 3150 now...what to dooo... [current IP:5100]
Shaco is free currently, so just play him until you are satisfied. Maybe you will change your mind after 1 week .
Old 2010-12-02, 07:50   Link #196
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Will do...just played a 1:20:18 time-long game with 2/9/26 on my KDA, we were sooo close, like for 10 minutes they had no inhibitors or turrets, but that one Akali somehow pwned the entire team and then they countered us...hard <_< Interestingly enough, it was easier to kill triple-buffed Cho'gath with DFG and a few bombs than it was to get Akali...
Old 2010-12-02, 07:55   Link #197
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Just realize I'm pretty bad at jungling, especially when the enemy disturbs me. To be frank, I didn't like jungling before, until I see Irelia. Is there any advice for jungling aside from killing creep as fast as possible?
Old 2010-12-02, 08:19   Link #198
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Humm...beware of misses, don't wait for others to call it, just hit tab after every kill, plot a jungle course before the game even begins, see if you can intrude their jungle if they got no jungler, defend your own if they do have one and they try to steal your prey.

P.S: I hate jungling. The only things I'll kill are wraiths/wolves when my team's dead and I'm defending well, and whenever we go dragon/nashor. Oh, and one more thing: jungling means you'll level faster than the others, while leaving a lane in a tougher spot. Make use of your superiority and go for a kill/double kill if a lane's being pushed and your teammate's up for it.
EDIT: just like in lanes, there's good junglers and bad junglers. Know when you're up against a good one (Olaf, WW, Udyr, Vlad, Shaco, etc.).

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-12-02 at 12:56.
Old 2010-12-02, 13:15   Link #199
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I can't think of any. When you're being counter-jungled, it means their jungler's extending, and you can try to get your team to gank him/her. Generally, all I can think of is doing it as fast as possible so I can help gank, since that's usually my goal. In my experience, jungling ends once people start hitting levels 6-8 unless you're using someone who can solo dragon.

Jungling is annoying to me because I'm so open to ganks from a better jungler, but really there are champs [ex. Amumu] who benefit much better from jungling only because they have a really tough time in a lane. Plus, reaching level 6 faster than a duo lane is really beneficial to you depending on who your champ is.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 14:26   Link #200
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

To clarify, my situation was one champion (Poppy) keeps disturbing me without bothering laning, together with occasionally laning champions that just disappear from their lane and looking for me, and it's really hard to recover from the mess that caused by them. Do I have to depend on my teammates to prevent such thing, or is there any better way?

Tags
league of legends, lol