AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 488 56.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 237 27.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 58 6.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 44 5.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 0.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 0.81%
Voters: 860. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 18:17   Link #201
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

This anime is great, but the way they put episodes randomly make me bored.
However, I love the art, the music and the story.
About those characters, at the first sight I like Haruhi, her personality is just awesome. And then I saw Nagato Yuki. I knew that this series is the best for me just because of her.

10/10 for Nagato Yuki.
Old 2008-02-21, 01:22   Link #202
Ketro

Haruhi was the first anime I ever watched, and because of it, Im now interested in other animes, and manga as well, perfect 10 Haruhi, perfect 10
Old 2008-02-26, 17:57   Link #203
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
I'm going to give it an 8, because it was a fun series and as usual with KyoAni, the animation was beautiful. But in the long run, maybe because of the lenght of it, I never got all too attatched to any of the characters. (Except maybe Yuki)
I didnt mind the shuffling of the episodes too much because it was something different and an interesting way to unfold everything.
But it was a lot of fun, so an 8 it is!
Old 2008-03-06, 22:44   Link #204
Xacual

The show was just too unbelievably good. A friend of mine recommended it and I ended up watching all the episodes that day.

I gave it a 9 though because there was a few episodes like the island ones that I enjoyed but didn't find that amazing.
Old 2008-03-21, 10:26   Link #205
sosbrigademember
Banned

Send a message via AIM to sosbrigademember
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Just saying it makes you feel good. I gave it a 9 out of 10. I have never been so attached to a show like this before. I bought all the limited editions, and can't wait for season 2. I let my friends borrow the dvd, and now they all want it!
The characters are just great. Haruhi is so cool, and I wish I was her. Mikuru is the cute shy girl every anime needs. Kyon is the average joe, duh, and Koizumi is the cute one. Oh, and Yuki...I like Yuki too, even if she is quiet. Their's something about her.

I gave it a 9 because it is not my absolute favorite anime, Negima, but It really deserves a 9.

~SOSBrigadeMember

ps. Even look at my account name, hehe
Old 2008-03-22, 10:09   Link #206
V33D12AG0N
The Draconic Human

I gave 10

I've never been so crazy about an anime since a long time ago... I guess the last time I felt so hooked on an anime was when I was watching Dragon Ball series when I was in elementary school. I talked it with my friends everyday at school, and draw pictures of Songoku etc.
Now, There's no a single day without watching AMV, seeking pictures, reading fanfics, posting in forums, etc about Haruhi!
Even I placed Haruhi's face as my wallpaper so that when I'm tired of working, I can see her face. She'll transfer her power to me so that my body feel warm and my brain can work better! (well, that's what she did to Kyon and didn't work, but it works on me!)
Old 2008-04-01, 15:02   Link #207
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Watched it when it first got subbed, but didn't watch it again until I recently picked up the DVDs. I completely forgot how good this series is.

The Good: Animation quality, unique storytelling, Kyon as the narrator, Haruhi's ridiculousness, Mikuru Beam!, Hare Hare Yukai, and epic scenes (The kiss, the concert, the space game battle).

The Bad: Some of the episodes dragged a little bit in certain parts (usually involving a lot of dialogue or the Rainy Day episode). I didn't feel like it had a strong ending either, but season 2 is otw.

Series Rating: 9/10
Personal Enjoyment: 10/10
Old 2008-04-04, 14:53   Link #208
FuzzyWuzzy

Some of the things just didn't make sense.
Talking cat?
Computer girl and baseball bat stats? What's up with that?
Frog costume?

If I can give this show a rating, I would give it 19/10. Why?
The ED per episode is entertaining enough to give this series a rating of 10 per episode. The other 9 is for the story.
Old 2008-04-04, 15:13   Link #209
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Some of the things just didn't make sense.
Talking cat?
Computer girl and baseball bat stats? What's up with that?
Frog costume?

If I can give this show a rating, I would give it 19/10. Why?
The ED per episode is entertaining enough to give this series a rating of 10 per episode. The other 9 is for the story.
Read the novels and that stuff will make more sense. The cat and the frog costume are from the as-yet-unanimated stories.
Old 2008-04-05, 04:44   Link #210
AnimeFangirl

8/10 (Very good) for me. Strictly speaking I feel the anime merits a 7/10, but after watching it I went ahead and read all the books so I'm very fond of the characters now. The constant SHnY references in Lucky Star didn't hurt either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Read the novels and that stuff will make more sense. The cat and the frog costume are from the as-yet-unanimated stories.
Shamisen's story was animated, just that they cut everything out and skipped straight to the talking. They cut out a lot of the story for episode 1.
Old 2008-04-05, 18:27   Link #211
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Shamisen's story was animated, just that they cut everything out and skipped straight to the talking. They cut out a lot of the story for episode 1.
Episode 1 was the movie itself!

Novel volume 2 covers the making of the movie with all the problems that entailed.

Old 2008-04-11, 13:34   Link #212
TehSanity
Lurker

Animation Quality: 9
Very good animation quality in general. However, nothing too spectacular that would give this a 10.

Voice Actors: 10
All the seiyuus were very good, fitting voices for a genki girl, alien, time traveller, esper, and an sighing ordinary human. Nuff said.

Script: 10
Not much to say here except awsomeness

Adaptation from Novels: 10
Followed the novels faithfully.

Editing: 9
Nothing to say here.

Overall: 10
Easily one of my favourite anime of all time.
Old 2008-04-13, 21:59   Link #213
Rising Star
Timotei

I absolutely thought it was a brilliant anime.
Made me laugh a lot as well.
I don't really want to go into any major detail concerning my review of it, I'll just keep it plain and simple, basically everything good I've got to say as been anaylised in great detail (I must say) by a lot of the members on here. =]

Favourite Character: Yuki Nagato, I loved her because she's quite like me in many ways.

Favourite Episode: Sorry I forget what the episode number is, I think it's number 7, The one where the SOS Brigade join in on a baseball tournement.

Yes, the 2 parter island episode wasn't exactly amazing but none the less, very good anime series, I look forward to any future sequels.

10/10
Old 2008-05-06, 19:21   Link #214
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

The whole anime scene is inlove. I on the other hand just thought it was good but the not the greatest. 7/10 and yes that i didnt loose sleep from this, i have with others. Plus too many people worship this and that just interfers with my judgement.
Old 2008-05-13, 20:55   Link #215
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasuberi View Post
I simply give it a 10. I see nothing wrong with it, and I loved every single second. No unlikable characters to be seen, either. And it was just the highest quality series I've ever seen (animation, voice acting, script, unique characters and the flaws of Haruhi, everything...).
Same feeling here. This anime didnt change my life but i find it really interesting and refreshing after watching so many animes. The plot, the characters and how is the story told was flawless. The part that i liked most was the concert in episode 12. From the scene when Enoz comes to the stage and the change of Kyion's face expression (ROFL) till the ending of the last song... Not sure how to explain it but it felt as the whole anime was summarized in those 2 songs. The lyrics were really meaningful.... i think i replayed that part over 10 times already lol

After finishing it and spent some time thinking about what was the thing that i liked most from this series, i found myself comparing my own life and everyday worries to the story of Haruhi. "Each one is the god of his own life and at the same time has the control of the worl surrounding him" would be some kind of philosophical conclusion but that is how i feel now. The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was life a representation of anyones everyday life including thoughts, feelings, dreams and wishes all together.

Last edited by incube; 2008-05-14 at 01:37.
Old 2008-05-18, 17:02   Link #216
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

>_< I gave it a 10 keep up the good work.

Quote from something that I saw
Quote:
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is not just an anime, it's a gobal phenomenon.
since the story aims towards gobal domination by the SOS brigade anyways.
Old 2008-05-24, 10:49   Link #217
skeezer

Send a message via AIM to skeezer
Man It was an awaesome anime Wish for season 2 soon
Old 2008-05-30, 20:17   Link #218
BlueRise
anime addict
*Artist

I rated it a 10.
Although the episodes aren't in order which makes it confusing, I think that it just makes this series very unique.
Old 2008-06-06, 20:40   Link #219
Don't press enter
Seriously. Don't.

I was the only one of my friends who didn't really enjoy anime before I saw this.

Perfect 10 for managing to successfully convert me.
Old 2008-06-21, 00:10   Link #220
Jiggy

At its best, Haruhi is my favorite anime fairly easily. I think Haruhi is quite possibly the best heroine ever created, a character I truly and honestly and genuinely love to love, and Kyon is--though I realize this to be an unordinary opinion--possibly the best villain narrator, a character I love to hate. (He didn't start off that way, incidentally; on my first watch I simply hated him on gut reaction, but as I rewatched and rewatched the show, I realized just how pivotal his role was. Everyone needs an obstacle, and for Haruhi, Kyon is it.) Episodes 1-5 and episodes 10-14 are indisputably 10s in my mind, or as close to 10s as any artistic work could hope to reach--and I say this as a usually-harsh person known for trashing well near everything I read or watch. <_< But this? Nah. Here's an anime that can switch from hilarious, somber, poignant, dismissive, realistic, and absurd in a span of three or four minutes and nail all of them perfectly, and actually more than that, where others struggle to hit even one of those notes in a full episode.

But then there's Haruhi at its worst. That stretch from episodes 6-9 wounded this series' momentum for me, with the island episodes being merely above average to me and the cave cricket episode only slightly better than that, and I outright hated Someday in the Rain. -_-; Not for the LOL, Let's Watch Yuki Reading sequences, actually, but more for the fact that effectively nothing happened. I don't mean literally nothing, obviously, but nothing new. The entire episode was mostly a retread of every element and every piece of character development the series had already established, or would be establishing in later episodes--and those other episodes dealt with the same material in much shorter timeframes, to boot. Yes, Kyon hates life, Yuki is quiet, Tsuruya has loads of energy, Haruhi comes up with fantastic schemes, Haruhi makes Mikuru dress up, and Mikuru puts up with it. (And Itsuki's a yes-man, but that was actually handled well in the episode with just a couple of lines.) I absolutely have nothing against long-winded storytelling, but I thought the episode was long-winded and redundant simultaneously, and that much is what I'm opposed to. :/

Anyway... While I hope this doesn't sound like too much of a fence-straddling position, if I averaged it out numerically I suppose I would rate Haruhi an overall 9--but I can't do that. The only other few series I can think of that I would remotely consider rating 10s may have had greater consistency, but for my money they only sporadically ascend to the fullest heights that Haruhi does. Besides: if episodes 1-5 and 10-14 were all we had, I would have given Haruhi a 10 for them alone, so I don't think it would be fair to drop my score by applying an average, particularly when episodes 6-9 are essentially perfectly-skippable side stories. It's not as if they contained crucial information that has to be sat through to get to the stuff I liked; they were just "extras," honestly. So, perfect 10 it is!
Closed Thread