AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 86 72.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 12.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 8.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.84%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-08, 18:47   Link #201
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnaught View Post
We would, it would just be very different and mostly likely wouldn't fit in the format they wanted. It requires far more effort and planning to do a story where the characters aren't idiots, so they took the short cut for this series
Wait, so planning+effort and telling the story they want to tell are mutually exclusive? Well damn, I always thought the whole point was for the creators to tell the story they wanted to tell. I didn't realize they were instead supposed to put planning and effort into telling the story they didn't want to tell.
Old 2011-06-09, 13:42   Link #202
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

I cannot hope to explain all the contrivances and loopholes of Anohana, but the show works. I don't even know why I get tears in my eyes after watching Anohana; I just do. I'm not trying to cop-out of providing an adequate explanation as to why I and so many others really enjoy the show. I just don't really have one.

I do not fully understand general relativity, quantum mechanics, or string theory. Regardless, I can still have an appreciation for their brilliance. The same follows for Anohana. I'm humble enough to say the show is actually beyond my scope of reasoning. It uses plausible characters living mostly average lives, yet still manages to inspire extremely profound emotions. I'm a little frustrated - I can't point as to why the drama of Anohana is so much more compelling than your usual soap opera or slice-of-life anime. So, all I can do is cry like everyone else.

Episode 8 Rating: 9.5/10

To address the debate ongoing: I think it's reasonable to believe Yukiatsu or Tsuruko would have suggested Menma demonstrate her existence to them by now, as they are the skeptical ones of the group. However, the show really works better when they simply act illogically to leave Menma's tangibility unquestioned, or make the assumption Menma cannot interact with the real world.
Old 2011-06-09, 17:04   Link #203
FireChick

After re-watching this episode, I think I understand what Menma means when she says she wants her mom to forget about her. She seems to know that her mom is blaming her friends for her death and that she keeps moping and angsting about it. Based on Menma's actions, I think she forgives her friends but wants her mom to forgive them too...well, I could be wrong, but you never know.
Closed Thread