AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 08:45   Link #1841
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
In saw him pityfully stuck to the cellar for the first time during episode 8 and it was all Zessica doing.
Previous episode, Yunoha made him fly to the top in a much larger room base on a emotion that is pretty 'small'.

But this is silly, there's nothing concrete that suggest the level of emotions felt can be properly quantified into the number of meters flow off the ground.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 08:48   Link #1842
kuromitsu

Quote:
In saw him pityfully stuck to the cellar for the first time during episode 8 and it was all Zessica doing.
Mikono's panties sent him flying, too, the only reason he didn't hit the ceiling was because there was a table he could hold onto. And he flew pretty high when he realized Yunoha was alive. And he pretty much hit the roof courtesy of zombies, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But this is silly, there's nothing concrete that suggest the level of emotions felt can be properly quantified into the number of meters flow off the ground.
Pretty much... Besides, at this point all Zessica has been doing is basically sexually harrassing him she wanted to make him fly for the lulz so she obviously did things that she knew would make him fly.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 09:08   Link #1843
KBTKaiser

Again, people are omitting the "Sudden" part of the explanation they gave of Amata's powers. If you think about it, how many times has Zessica topic changed/topic skewed with something suggestive for Amata to mentally image and fly off on?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 10:33   Link #1844
mayumi

zessica was not harrasing amata with anything when he flew to the top and got stuck there. that was all amata.
his face also got red at the underwear topic and clearly looked at her by himself as well.

but people can interpret it anyway they like. amata still likes mikono a lot but he is attracted to zessica at some level as well. you can say its one of those love and lust situations if you like.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 10:38   Link #1845
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
zessica was not harrasing amata with anything when he flew to the top and got stuck there. that was all amata.
his face also got red at the underwear topic and clearly looked at her by himself as well.
Agreed. It clearly doesn't take much to arouse Amata, but Zessica seems to hold a little bit of extra kick for him, and I think that might say something.

If Amata/Zessica continues to develop even more next episode, that might push it beyond Amata/Mikono, imo. It's already almost closed the gap there...
Old 2012-02-23, 10:45   Link #1846
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Do you seriously think that Zessica was innocently minding her own business and Amata started flying around all by his own dirty imagination? ^^;; I mean, we're watching the same show, right? Zessica was having fun sticking his arm into her cleavage, shoving her boobs into his face, being all suggestive, dropping innuendo left and right... Obviously this is all comedy and it was funny but it's not like Amata was asking for it, Zessica was doing it to have some fun at his and Mikono's expense. (And I think she'll stop doing it now that she's become more self-conscious around Amata...)
Old 2012-02-23, 11:40   Link #1847
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not last episode, she was not. Did you actually watch it?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 11:55   Link #1848
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
...Aquarion EVOL will turn into Aquarion LOVE and the bad guys will be defeated.
Wow, if this doesn't happen I will be disappointed.

It's hard to say if Zessica has an "extra kick" or not; she's the only woman acting that way around Amata, the others seemingly don't interact with Amata (they're not on the same team, don't sit near him, and know a lost cause when they see one...).

I did just have a fun thought: I was thinking earlier that these line-ups seem to work out ok:

- Kagura and Amata (parallel versions of "same person")
- Jin and Schrade (parallel versions of "same person")
- Izumo and Zen (parallel versions of "same person")

If Amata/Schrade and Kagura/Jin *were* 2/3 of a complete set, then the missing pieces would probably be Mikono and Zessica, which opens up some interesting angles.

And, also: I finally noticed in the OP that you can see Altair reflected in the water behind Mikono early on (in her first appearance, not the one later on...).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 12:04   Link #1849
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Not last episode, she was not. Did you actually watch it?
Just from the top of my head... (paraphrasing, of course)

Mikono wears blue rimmed panties.
Guess what color my panties are?
Do you think it's a problem that my navel is showing? *boobs out*

Did you miss these parts? Or do you seriously believe she was saying these things in all innocence?
Old 2012-02-23, 12:14   Link #1850
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
For me, this was actually the very first situation were she genuinely didn't tried to tease him. I just saw it as a little call for help against Mix. *shrug*
Old 2012-02-23, 12:15   Link #1851
Zuul

Quote:
Just from the top of my head... (paraphrasing, of course)

Mikono wears blue rimmed panties.
Guess what color my panties are?

Did you miss these parts? Or do you seriously believe she was saying these things in all innocence?
You're mistaking the scene, in the one that stuck Amata to the scellar Zessica (after Mix's comments on her clothing) asks him is it's bad for her to bare her midriff (with no teasing intention it seems). Then the manslut can't repress himself to look at her body (while Mikono is here, so much thoughfulness XD) and is sent flying with an intensity not witnessed so far.

Even if Mikono Amata is the final ship. They'd better to make Zessica a serious threat whom Amata has feelings for. If not their love triangle is going to look like unecessary fanservicy shit.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-23 at 12:28.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 12:24   Link #1852
Triple_R
*Author

You know, guys, you can still ship Amata/Mikono even while admitting that Amata has the hots for Zessica.

I think that Mikono still has Amata's heart... it's just that Amata's Flying Boner now belongs to Zessica.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:40   Link #1853
kuromitsu

I don't give a damn who ships what, I'm just a bit nonplussed over people thinking that Amata is a "manslut" and he's the guilty party here, when it's just his power reacting to Zessica's relentless teasing.

Again, I expect Zessica to stop with the teasing (or at least tone it down) now that she's actually developed a crush on him, and frankly, I think Amata will be relieved. Regardless of how he feels about whom, all that flying around in public must be pretty humiliating, not to mention that's what got him ostracized in the first place...
Old 2012-02-23, 12:56   Link #1854
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I don't give a damn who ships what, I'm just a bit nonplussed over people thinking that Amata is a "manslut" and he's the guilty party here, when it's just his power reacting to Zessica's relentless teasing.
I don't think he's a manslut. It's just that he's a healthy hot-blooded young man who goes flying instead of going schwing when a cute and/or hot girl is touchy-feely and/or flirtatious with him. (Well, he might also be going schwing, but I think the point is clear)

Quote:

Again, I expect Zessica to stop with the teasing (or at least tone it down) now that she's actually developed a crush on him, and frankly, I think Amata will be relieved. Regardless of how he feels about whom, all that flying around in public must be pretty humiliating, not to mention that's what got him ostracized in the first place...
The running joke could probably use some downtime next episode yeah.
Old 2012-02-23, 13:58   Link #1855
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't think he's a manslut. It's just that he's a healthy hot-blooded young man who goes flying instead of going schwing when a cute and/or hot girl is touchy-feely and/or flirtatious with him. (Well, he might also be going schwing, but I think the point is clear)
I agree, after all as the testing shows in the earlier episode, the flying happens as easy as when emotions are triggered, even if Amata is against it. And really, it's very hard to control your thoughts and emotions - what you can control instead is your reaction to that, what you'll do after that.

And in that respect, I think it's actually bad news for Zessica. The way I see it, despite him not being able to help it, his first thought after flying is always that he did a mistake and he should apologize to Mikono.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The running joke could probably use some downtime next episode yeah.
I agree - next episode seems to focus on MIX and probably Andy too, and I hope the main triangle can take the backseat usually reserved for those two.
Old 2012-02-23, 14:12   Link #1856
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I agree, after all as the testing shows in the earlier episode, the flying happens as easy as when emotions are triggered, even if Amata is against it. And really, it's very hard to control your thoughts and emotions - what you can control instead is your reaction to that, what you'll do after that.

And in that respect, I think it's actually bad news for Zessica. The way I see it, despite him not being able to help it, his first thought after flying is always that he did a mistake and he should apologize to Mikono.

I agree - next episode seems to focus on MIX and probably Andy too, and I hope the main triangle can take the backseat usually reserved for those two.
He didn't try to make excuse this episode.

Which is a good thing. He at least has learnt to deal with Mikono's sligh Tsuntsun. He isn't going to get all miserable about it like in the past. Mikono is quick to take offense and she's also quick to forgive and forget.

Now, what Amata needs to learn is control.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:47   Link #1857
Arya

My opinion in this regard is that they are giving room to Zess/Amata because, it is true, she really needs to gain same points to catch up with Mikono. in fact Mikono lately hasn't have any development in any direction but her strip combat skills. She keeps on being annoyed by Amata's flying. And, if I have to say, both behaviors (flying and being annoyed) are starting to become repetitive.
Even from Zess/Amata perspective they need to step up, because this flying routine has no really deep implications. In fact so far if now i can say that Zess is aware of her feelings, I can't say the same of Amata. It is more like Amata is aware of Zessica. But I bet the next episode will fix that. So we will start the more dramatic arc being quasi all square. Quasi because I believe that Mikono will have still the edge.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:54   Link #1858
wisteria233

Quote:
He didn't try to make excuse this episode.

Which is a good thing. He at least has learnt to deal with Mikono's sligh Tsuntsun. He isn't going to get all miserable about it like in the past. Mikono is quick to take offense and she's also quick to forgive and forget.

Now, what Amata needs to learn is control.
That might be hard to do as an awkward teenage boy going through puberty with raging hormones. And a girl with a large bust, wearing very little clothing (for their universe) who is aware of her, own sexuality asking him suggestive questions (whether intentional or not), while she may or may not be either holding his arm against her large chest, or setting her body in a manner where one can better see her cleavage.

Considering that his reaction to her is normal, for any teenage boy, unless they were obnoxiously dense in this area, which Amata is not.

That said Amata's reaction is just that a reaction he hasn't shown interest in her outside of the reaction mentioned above for 8 episodes. So is Amata attracted to Zessica physically? Yes, because she is attractive, he is a normal teenage boy, and she is going out of her way to make him see that, however does he interested in her romantically, no because he hasn't shown an interest in her outside of being friendly.

In a way Amata seems to be just like Kagura, except he is aware of the attractiveness of other women (you could probably say that Kagura react to other females and their attractiveness because he's never really grown up around them, so he might be more tunnel vision than Amata).

Last edited by wisteria233; 2012-02-23 at 16:04.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:57   Link #1859
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, like lots of people pointed out, this would be the only relevant moment to the discussion. And, sure, it seemed completely innocent to me.

Also, I don't enjoy the"manslut" moniker, either.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:13   Link #1860
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

My personal opinion so far is this:
Amata is aware of Zessica's sexuality. He is aware of her features: good body, nice boobs, and lovely skin. So he flies for her because it excites him. He's a teenager... are we really gonna blame him? But I don't think he views her romantically yet. If anything, I think he views her as a younger sister or friend. They've had less screen time to communicate so far, unlike others, so I think it will develop over the next episodes.
Amata is aware of Mikono both sexually and romantically so far. He views her as the "love at first sight" type. He fell in love with her immediately after they met... and that's kinda fast, so I think the "developing towards more" might take a bit, agreed. But he does try frantically, even whilst being shy and embarrassed, to be around her or apologize when he's done wrong. Albeit, sometimes he doesn't understand the wrong or even know it. That could be because he's rarely been around women.
The difference in the relationships so far is that one has Amata's romantic interest and the other doesn't. The flying is only due to sexual arousal, which is common for a teenager such as himself. However, also look at the fact that he flew when he believed the doll was a ghost, without any sexual arousal. Before Zessica grabbed him, he was flying from fright and shock.

There is one thing we can say about his elemental power: it's a problem for Mikono to figure it out when she wasn't there to witness such an event.

So, in closing, Mikono's jealousy/anger towards Amata flying for Zessica is because she missed the key points that would show her that he flies when he's excited and not just because of Zessica. Once that is cleared up, I'm sure Mikono's jealousy and anger will die (or at least simmer down).

Tags
comedy, science fiction