AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-09, 23:19   Link #2061
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Can you elaborate on this? Why would Nagisa be central to Tsubasa's plan, assuming she has one? Why not Chieri, or Kanata?
Kanata doesn't provoke the right reaction from the kirara. Chieri and Nagisa together do, but Nagisa no Cherry is apparently a solo. She put Nagisa in the front and Chieri as backup, apparently in the hopes that they'd be close enough for it to still work. It's the choice of Nagisa as lead instead of Chieri that gets harder to explain. There are possibilities aside from Nagisa's Acchan-ness (a valuable learning experience for her to get used to the spotlight, for example), but we don't have any solid information. Perhaps she's deliberately trying to push them out of their comfort zones. Perhaps it's necessary, somehow, for what she wants to accomplish.

It is certain that, were Chieri to be leading with Nagisa as backup, it would just be business as usual. And Chieri would have treated it just as seriously as she treats everything else, and perhaps would not have reached the emotional peak required for the kirara's reaction. Perhaps by throwing them off-balance like this, Tsubasa thinks she can get a more "true" performance out of them.

If so, I think she's underestimating (or unaware of) the level of emotional turmoil all of 0048, trainees and successors alike, are dealing with. Right now I don't think either group is capable of putting on a proper performance. They've lost their emotional harmony, as cheesy as that may sound, and until they can recover it they won't be able to put on the concert that's required of them.

To change the topic ENTIRELY, I keep remembering off-and-on a minor thread that they've also never bothered to explain: Yuuko (apparently) using the kirara to gain superhuman strength in episode 2. At no other time have we seen the kirara being used for anything other than soul-sensors and hyperdrive generators. Even the glossary hasn't touched on it, last I saw. It may be a small thing, but the way it was presented makes it seem like it should be something that would come up again. It's just one of a number of things in the series that have yet to be properly explained, and one of the many reasons why this series really needs another season to get everything properly sorted out.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 23:22   Link #2062
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Perhaps she's deliberately trying to push them out of their comfort zones.
Quite likely, IMO. Get them emotional, you know? A common tactic to provoke a reaction, which is exactly what she needs right now. Not a gradual, predictable rise through the ranks, but something dramatic and unexpected.

Oh yeah, the Kirara superpowers are touched on in the Heart-Gata manga (where they seem to follow more formal rules).
Old 2012-07-09, 23:25   Link #2063
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Oh yeah, the Kirara superpowers are touched on in the Heart-Gata manga (where they seem to follow more formal rules).
Can you elaborate about those rules please? Also any other info about the kirara would be appropriated too.
Old 2012-07-10, 00:00   Link #2064
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's like each Kirara provides x amount of energy, and you can only use so much super-strength depending on your idol power level...
This is very interesting. Do they ever say how Acchan's idol power compares to the other girls?
Old 2012-07-10, 00:00   Link #2065
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This is very interesting. Do they ever say how Acchan's idol power compares to the other girls?
I've... only read chapter 1. I should really get on that.
Old 2012-07-10, 00:07   Link #2066
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I've... only read chapter 1. I should really get on that.
I see. Anyway, I think it's really cool the manga has more clear rules and stuff. The anime's "it's magic, I ain't gonna explain shit" approach is pretty frustrating sometimes.

Thanks a lot btw.
Old 2012-07-10, 00:44   Link #2067
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
I see. Anyway, I think it's really cool the manga has more clear rules and stuff. The anime's "it's magic, I ain't gonna explain shit" approach is pretty frustrating sometimes.
Really? I kinda prefer the anime's approach. It's easier to swallow the ridiculous premise when it's given a ridiculous presentation. Trying to formalize something that's inherently a bit silly often ends up losing the effect.

Also, the glossary translations have been updated (no information that you can't infer from the episodes) and some random musings and nitpickings...

Spoiler for Because these little details are important:
Old 2012-07-10, 00:56   Link #2068
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I rewatched the stair scene with Kanata and Takamina on episode 11 again.
Takamina's right leg still seems stiff. The way she climbed the stair is definitely not normal.
You realize that there are at least several weeks between that scene and their arrival on Lancastar? Everyone has to prepare for their performance as well as the completely new song for the understudies. Also around ~14:30 you can see Takamina in her concert dress which means that she will participate.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 01:04   Link #2069
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Really? I kinda prefer the anime's approach. It's easier to swallow the ridiculous premise when it's given a ridiculous presentation. Trying to formalize something that's inherently a bit silly often ends up losing the effect.
I just don't like that without specific parameters the writer basically can get away with anything. I like my stories to make some degree of sense, but for that the setting needs some rules and limits.
Old 2012-07-10, 01:12   Link #2070
Random Wanderer

I mostly don't mind the anime's approach to the kirara. I just feel that showing the power once without ever having talked about it, never showing it again (so far) and never talking about it afterwards (again, so far) makes it feel like we're missing something. The dramatic portrayal of it in the scene it was in makes it come across as something that should have come up again. Whether through an explanation, just basic discussion, or actually being utilized more in the series, it felt like something we should have been expecting to see more of, and indeed I have been. The fact that we've come this far without it coming up again feels... odd.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 03:14   Link #2071
sa547
*Author

While watching I noticed Suzuko's statement:
Quote:
Statistics say that mining towns frequently produce 00 members.
Jokingly... Is Okada making a shoutout/reference to The Hunger Games?

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-10 at 09:58.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:58   Link #2072
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I mostly don't mind the anime's approach to the kirara. I just feel that showing the power once without ever having talked about it, never showing it again (so far) and never talking about it afterwards (again, so far) makes it feel like we're missing something. The dramatic portrayal of it in the scene it was in makes it come across as something that should have come up again. Whether through an explanation, just basic discussion, or actually being utilized more in the series, it felt like something we should have been expecting to see more of, and indeed I have been. The fact that we've come this far without it coming up again feels... odd.
I believe the idea of that scene was just to show that there is something related with the strength of the successors and the kirara. But the main focus on the story is the understudies, which aren't successors yet. I think that would be something explained when/if we get a few of the girls becoming successors, something that seems now would only really happen on a season 2.

Btw this does makes sense on why those young girls are able to face armored and trained soldiers so many times and still survive.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:41   Link #2073
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
While watching I noticed Suzuko's statement:

Is Okada making a shoutout/reference to The Hunger Games?
Nope, just a reference to how hard living ironically creates the best idols. Compare an AEPS Idol to an DGTO Idol. AEPS Idols like Yuuko and Mimori may be more skilled thanks to their wealthy upbringing but they never really know what life was like outside of their cozy homes where they have a great deak of priviledges. A DGTO Idol was used to living in terrible conditions, they had to hide from the corporate cops who will throw them in jail and humiliate them for the rest of the life, occassionally lose parents to the exploitive corporate conditions (Orine's parents died in the mines not just because it was an accident but frankly the DGTO does not care about the lives of their workers. Just meeting the Dualium mining quotas or face demotion, Nagisa's father being more concerned about the DES' brutality than becoming an idol and Kanata's father's death). But yet these girls continue to fight for their dreams. That is why Episode One was called Unerasable Dream, they had the worst of it yet believes in creating a future where entertainment (and Kirara supply cheap clean energy) will be available for all.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:26   Link #2074
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Tsubasa wants to awaken a new Center Nova to find out what happened to Acchan, and her clue was the picture of Chieri and Nagisa that Miichan took. I don't know why she chose Nagisa specifically and not Chieri though, or if it was S4 who did it. Either way, now Nagisa is indeed central to her plan.
I am expecting nagisa to fail while singing then chieri taking her spot then both of them singing together.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:04   Link #2075
mochichan

I think Tsubasa figured that if she push Nagisa into the stage, it will provoke her emotion as well as Chieri who is her rival too?

Quote:
Well I'm not talking Death Note rules here or anything. It's more... mathematical I guess? It's like each Kirara provides x amount of energy, and you can only use so much super-strength depending on your idol power level... something like that. At one point Acchan is like "If the three of us combine our Kirara power we can lift this for 30 seconds" or something. That sort of thing.

The anime is more like, "A KIRARA DID IT. JUST ACCEPT IT."

...Kirara and Idol aura is like the Force...
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:42   Link #2076
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If it's like the force, where are the 'anti-idols' with the dark side of the Kirara? Oh yeah, bring double bladed micsabres too lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:50   Link #2077
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If it's like the force, where are the 'anti-idols' with the dark side of the Kirara? Oh yeah, bring double bladed micsabres too lol.
Just wait for Yuuko to up the angst and you'll see the dark side of the kirara-force.
Old 2012-07-10, 16:55   Link #2078
sa547
*Author

An idea just struck me while playing Skyrim:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-10, 18:40   Link #2079
mochichan

A parallel universe? D:
that would raise more question

if they turned to kirara, it actually would make more sense
but if they're send to another world...then it would be why? :|
so they can fight w/e evil forces there are in that world?
or maybe they pulled a madoka and become goddesses protecting the universe....:P
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:50   Link #2080
Kazu-kun

I don't expect an answer to the Center Nova mystery with only two episodes left, but I'd feel satisfied if they at least explain why Chieri's kirara follows her around.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime