AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 02:39   Link #2541
darthfury78

Is Code Geass: Renya of Darkness still ongoing? I haven't seen anyone talking about the series for almost a year. I have yet to see it they will make an anime for this series. What are the chances of that happening?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 05:55   Link #2542
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

It's still ongoing, but I think most people lost interest in it (or at least talking it), since the scanlated chapters are intermittent. Chances of an anime? Very low, considering how different it is from the regular code geass plot. Many people have discussed the idea in the past, but that's mostly wishful thinking, I think.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 05:14   Link #2543
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
It's still ongoing, but I think most people lost interest in it (or at least talking it), since the scanlated chapters are intermittent. Chances of an anime? Very low, considering how different it is from the regular code geass plot. Many people have discussed the idea in the past, but that's mostly wishful thinking, I think.
I think that when Tanaguchi received the opportunity to write a Code Geass Manga, he should have either had done a prequel that would have centered around Charles and V.V. during the time he becomes Emperior of Britannia; or he could have done Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion manga that would have been in his own words by providing a story that would have provided greater depth to the story and characters in which he could not do with the anime. In other words a Code Geass Manga that would have serve as the perfect version to Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion with CLAMP doing the artwork.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:42   Link #2544
Destined_Fate

Please no more Lelouch stuff that's set in the past.... It would be too painful for the fanbase to bear as they know what happens in the end for him.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 19:59   Link #2545
Lost Cause

Oh I don't know, I'd love to see where Geass actually came from, and the World of C.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 18:24   Link #2546
gordol
Banned

This month's HJ: OZ 1 year anniversary and some interviews

If this is the only content than this was a waste of space...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 09:29   Link #2547
Kreion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Please no more Lelouch stuff that's set in the past.... It would be too painful for the fanbase to bear as they know what happens in the end for him.
I agree, but would amend that for me both Lelouch's and C.C's story is over. Regardless of what you think happened to Lelouch at the end of R2 (given you the variables in play); his story of recreating the world and her story of rediscovering humanity is over. The reason I also don't want anymore C.C stuff really is that we know full well that she has little to no good experiences between becoming a 'witch' and the start of R1. The best thing that seems to happen to her is Mao and look how that turns out.

If they did something post-R2 I would want C.C to be a cameo at best. Same with Lelouch if you want him to be around. But even then I don't know that I'd want something that kinda screws over the peace which everyone suffers for in the first series.

If they did anything more in this series I would want something in the past but not using any of the characters which we already know. The problem I have with Akito the Exile is that Akito seems way to much like Lelouch, I was looking forward to a more original character.
Kreion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:52   Link #2548
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreion View Post
I agree, but would amend that for me both Lelouch's and C.C's story is over. Regardless of what you think happened to Lelouch at the end of R2 (given you the variables in play); his story of recreating the world and her story of rediscovering humanity is over. The reason I also don't want anymore C.C stuff really is that we know full well that she has little to no good experiences between becoming a 'witch' and the start of R1. The best thing that seems to happen to her is Mao and look how that turns out.

If they did something post-R2 I would want C.C to be a cameo at best. Same with Lelouch if you want him to be around. But even then I don't know that I'd want something that kinda screws over the peace which everyone suffers for in the first series.

If they did anything more in this series I would want something in the past but not using any of the characters which we already know. The problem I have with Akito the Exile is that Akito seems way to much like Lelouch, I was looking forward to a more original character.
Everyone suffers for? Haha, right.

Not to mention Lelouch's sacrifice was a needless one.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:23   Link #2549
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Here's this month's photo story summary:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 11 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 12 Summary:
Old 2013-04-26, 03:33   Link #2550
Chibiloli

Is this still being translated? Because I've been waiting since march for an update: http://ozthephotostory.yolasite.com/
Old 2013-04-26, 06:24   Link #2551
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry, there was some delays because of IRL issues, but the photo story translation will be resuming very soon. I'm going to try to catch up as many chapters as possible by the end of May.
Old 2013-04-26, 07:50   Link #2552
Chibiloli

Okay, I'll be looking forward to it till then.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:30   Link #2553
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Here are the scans for the latest Oz photo story chapter. For the interview at the end, I'll probably translate it sometime in May for those who are interested.

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 12 Scans:
Old 2013-05-06, 20:29   Link #2554
gordol
Banned

Do they mention a possible OZ anime in the interview?
Old 2013-05-06, 22:09   Link #2555
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, at the very least, they do say they "would like" to animate Oz the Reflection at the end of the interview. (No real plans for yet it seems, though.)
Old 2013-05-10, 07:41   Link #2556
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Alright, here's this month's manga chapter summary. (Also note that the translation is a little rougher then usual, since the meaning is a bit vague in some parts.)

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 12 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 13 Summary:
Old 2013-05-10, 08:50   Link #2557
gordol
Banned

Nta

1:トトが捕まって人質にされました
2:それをレオンハルトがカッコよく助けました
3:ソキアの元にサザーランド・アイが届きました
4:意味深な女の子
Old 2013-05-10, 18:05   Link #2558
gordol
Banned

Quote:
【双貌のオズ】ちなみにROBOT魂白炎受注締切間近です!白炎もグレイル同様他ナイトメアとの連動がある かも?連動する未発表のナイトメアをチラリ sun_コウジロウ #geassp

New KMF to appear in OZ?? Ze or the new gladiator guy?
Old 2013-05-10, 20:16   Link #2559
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Hmm, hard to tell. It looks like a Gekka variant based on the shoulder design, but I get the impression the face isn't a mono-eye type. Guess we'll have to wait for the next issue to come out.
Old 2013-05-10, 20:38   Link #2560
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Hmm, hard to tell. It looks like a Gekka variant based on the shoulder design, but I get the impression the face isn't a mono-eye type. Guess we'll have to wait for the next issue to come out.
It must be for the gladiator guy who'll join Peacemaker. This thing is a melee god: 2 large knives on left hip, 2 swords stored on forearms, brass knuckles on the knees, nunchaku on right hip, daggers on chest and a large thing on the back.

Tags
drama, mecha