Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-02, 00:58   Link #10361
Gravitas Free Zone

Sad team is sad shambolically horrible.

Images
I get top XP, really?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 10:16   Link #10362
Sumeragi
Banned

To celebrate the release of Chi-Nu Kai:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 13:04   Link #10363
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
To celebrate the release of Chi-Nu Kai:

Cute~
Chi-Nu Kai's gun is amazing.

Though not sure if the engine is really just that bad or it will be acceptable once crew gets 100%. I guess we'll see.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 07:40   Link #10364
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

The Marder 38T`s armor is garbage because it can be destroyed with 1 shot from arty(damn that shot almost hit me). I killed 2 enemies with it.

Is the M48A1 a decent tank to use? I was looking for a tank to use in clan wars..but I think I`ll go for TD
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 11:38   Link #10365
Gravitas Free Zone

The bar for Ace Tanker on the Marder 38t is around 1350 XP, since I just got that award. (With a 7-kill Top Gun and 50 defense points. Premium yes, daily double no.) Also during this game I had to put another player on ignore after I was the last one alive, since all they did was ping MY OWN position repeatedly. Checking the scoreboard showed that they had died early and pointlessly.

It's an open-topped TD, of course it'll have arty issues. It continues, three days of real games in, to be a reasonable middle ground between the SU-85B (good view range, strong gun, no useful gun traverse) and the T40 (slower, larger, good gun traverse).
Old 2013-11-03, 13:35   Link #10366
Sumeragi
Banned

Old 2013-11-03, 13:38   Link #10367
Gravitas Free Zone

Turquoise tank is turquoise.

I unlocked the Flakbus. Now to get 22000 free XP to pop in the final gun.

Amusingly, the unlocking game in the Marder 38t was another 7-kill game, only 35 fewer XP than the 7-kill Ace Tanker game that immediately preceded it.
Old 2013-11-03, 21:27   Link #10368
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
My initial, split-second reaction: I see a Centurion, an M48, a Lorraine, an IS-3, a 121, a T-62A, a Leopard 1, and then a... hm

Amazing what color can do.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 22:54   Link #10369
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Try out this amazing mod. It tells you exactly what tanks have been hitting you, even the invisible ones, username and all. It even tells you the type of ammunition they used, so you can distinguish the gold-spammers from the rest of the pack.

Edit: Some GIFs from MAI_WAIFUTRAGER_E_100 playing his shiny new WTE-100.

Images

This TD looks absolutely glorious. Assuming it doesn't get nerfed to oblivion, it's definitely up there in my future tank collection.

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-11-04 at 00:30.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 01:34   Link #10370
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Almost tempted to come back and grind 500k exp and convert it all on the first day to get that tank.

Almost
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 03:24   Link #10371
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Try out this amazing mod. It tells you exactly what tanks have been hitting you, even the invisible ones, username and all. It even tells you the type of ammunition they used, so you can distinguish the gold-spammers from the rest of the pack.

Edit: Some GIFs from MAI_WAIFUTRAGER_E_100 playing his shiny new WTE-100.

Images

This TD looks absolutely glorious. Assuming it doesn't get nerfed to oblivion, it's definitely up there in my future tank collection.
Looks good~ Can you tell me how the config part works? I don't really get that part. I just wanna turn off the messaging because I don't want to autochat in pubs, if team messaging is the default setting, that is.
Old 2013-11-04, 03:57   Link #10372
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Looks good~ Can you tell me how the config part works? I don't really get that part. I just wanna turn off the messaging because I don't want to autochat in pubs, if team messaging is the default setting, that is.
Go to Program Files\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.9\scripts\client , and open the file "vehicle_damage.json" with Notepad++. In the editor, go to the part of the text file that says "team_announce" and set "enabled" to false. I also increased the value of "min_damage" (the minimum amount of damage received that is needed to autochat) to 4000 just in case.

Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 06:29   Link #10373
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I wonder if daisengui / kankou is here , i just want to know the name of the jap tier 10 HT , is there something that even bigger than the maus ...?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 07:23   Link #10374
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
I wonder if daisengui / kankou is here , i just want to know the name of the jap tier 10 HT , is there something that even bigger than the maus ...?
She's Sumeragi here, just posted a post a few post above you.
Old 2013-11-04, 12:07   Link #10375
Gravitas Free Zone

Team battles Reddit thread.

Personally I was a bit bored by it. It typically came down to Tier 8 heavies and a couple of slot warmers, playing with half-sized teams on full-sized maps wastes a lot of space, and yeah, might as well just group up and either rush or defend.

Quote:
Trying to play strategically just doesn't work. Bring 5 tier 8s and 2 tier 1s, use the tier 1s as canaries, and drive your 8's directly at where you think the enemy's main force will be is the only strategy that seemed to work (and it works almost every time).

The only thing that matters is effectively applying DPM in a focused manner to get enemy tanks off the field as fast as possible, and I guess mobility in case they go the other way and you have to rush across a 1,000m map.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-11-04 at 13:10.
Old 2013-11-04, 13:57   Link #10376
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Yes yes, she is known as Sumeragi, one of MUP's founding members and resident Deputy Commander.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 14:15   Link #10377
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Unfortunately I cannot tell you the name. However, given that even the Mi-To at 60~100 tons was bigger than Maus, what do you think a more than 140 ton tank would be like?
Old 2013-11-04, 14:29   Link #10378
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Go to Program Files\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.9\scripts\client , and open the file "vehicle_damage.json" with Notepad++. In the editor, go to the part of the text file that says "team_announce" and set "enabled" to false. I also increased the value of "min_damage" (the minimum amount of damage received that is needed to autochat) to 4000 just in case.

I see. Not having Notepad++ was my problem. Thanks Tempester
Old 2013-11-04, 14:40   Link #10379
Gravitas Free Zone

I screwed up and got my Doom Toaster killed by a PzIC. The damage feed rolled off the screen.

I did redeem myself the next game by pulling a Top Gun. Had to try APCR on the front of an AT 2 to see what would happen, was not disappointed.
Old 2013-11-04, 18:17   Link #10380
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I've started carrying a few HE rounds in many of my tanks just because of the annoying mass of WT's milling around haplessly at every tier. Feels pretty good to oneshot toasters.

Team battles are exactly like tournament play. If you have a premade team it's great and the income is really good as well (as long as you win; if you lose you get jack shit). If you can't get a coordinated team (voice comms not optional) you shouldn't even bother getting out of bed though. The optimal tryhard lineup is probably two AMX 50 100's, three IS-3's and two T1 Cunninghams, but really, most teams are pretty terrible and you can usually win easily even with one or two tier 7's on your team.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks