AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-24, 14:12   Link #5781
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...no matter how I look at it, just what sort of 'weapons training' were you thinking of in that pose, Shigure!?
Submissions holds?
Way for Kenichi to "defeat" female opponents without hitting them except in a more metaphorical way?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 16:10   Link #5782
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well that is one quite menacing looking scythe. Shigure just rolling around was the highlight though.
Old 2013-08-24, 23:28   Link #5783
crow13

Shigure was kinda cute in this last two CP like when she said that Kenichi will have to protect her too lol she have to wait for like 10 years more or something ha ha.
but the fact that Kenichi will need weapons training soon is no joke i guess he will have get his ass kicked by one of the weapons disciples first to take the weapons training seriously.
and who think that the rest of his friends that don't have masters should look for one so they can keep up with the rest that have a master and if his friends get masters they can even be of help against yami.
crow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 09:02   Link #5784
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow13 View Post
Shigure was kinda cute in this last two CP like when she said that Kenichi will have to protect her too lol she have to wait for like 10 years more or something ha ha.
but the fact that Kenichi will need weapons training soon is no joke i guess he will have get his ass kicked by one of the weapons disciples first to take the weapons training seriously.
and who think that the rest of his friends that don't have masters should look for one so they can keep up with the rest that have a master and if his friends get masters they can even be of help against yami.
I think it was stated a while back that a non weapon user has to be quite a bit stronger than a weapon user to have a chance of winning. On the other hand Kenichi is also a weapon user (arm guards) so it may be fairly even.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 13:40   Link #5785
crow13

Quote:
I think it was stated a while back that a non weapon user has to be quite a bit stronger than a weapon user to have a chance of winning. On the other hand Kenichi is also a weapon user (arm guards) so it may be fairly even.
ya but the arm guard is only for defence and what the point of having a weapons master if you are not going to learn how to use any kind of weapon when you are about to fight the weapon disciples of an evil organization.
he don't want to hurt someone with a weapon he can use a weapon that doesn't kill
or at least learn how to avoid weapons from shigure, because shigure right now have no part in kenichi grows at all.
Old 2013-08-25, 14:14   Link #5786
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
ya but the arm guard is only for defence and what the point of having a weapons master if you are not going to learn how to use any kind of weapon when you are about to fight the weapon disciples of an evil organization.
You make it sound like the other masters besides Shigure actually teach him something other than how to survive torture devices...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 15:59   Link #5787
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
he don't want to hurt someone with a weapon he can use a weapon that doesn't kill
or at least learn how to avoid weapons from shigure, because shigure right now have no part in kenichi grows at all.
If you think back to his fight with Ragnarok ... way back.. When Freya's Valkyries came after him. He knew and understood the usage and attack patterns of all of their weapons. They were baffled at how well a non weapon user understood them. I'd be willing to bet his understanding of weapons has grown a lot since then... off screen.

@Johnny

Apachai teaches him to survive other things... like death by foot and death by elbow
Old 2013-08-26, 13:09   Link #5788
crow13

Johnny what i mean is that Kenichi learned some fighting techniques from the other masters but he learned non from Shigure he don't have to use weapons but at least he could learn from her about the weapons he is about to face like how to defend against them she is the prodigy of weapons after all what i don't like is that Kenichi have a weapons master yet he don't learn any thing from her and let's be real now if he didn't learn from her now that he is about to face the disciples of yami weapons group then when will he ever do that ,and if Kenichi don't want to use weapons maybe Shigure should teach the valkyrie at least the are willing to learn and they like to use weapons.
and SoloPanda by the time Apachai is done teaching Kenichi he will become some kind of undead fighter because he was between life and death all this time XD he may even became immortal like alucard ok that was to much but you get the picture
Old 2013-08-26, 16:14   Link #5789
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ She already does that. She has 'attacked' him with a variety of weapons and also he gets to see her spar with the other masters and he learns their counters to certain generic strike and attack patterns. Even the other masters have gotten on him to learn from Shigure so he can better fight against weapon users.

Besides, weapons are still scary for Kenichi - it's his last hurdle. Shigure's skill with weapons makes her the most scary person for him, even if Shigure herself isn't that scary at all. She wants to teach him (very badly) but he's too afraid. Once he gets over that fear, Kenichi will change. It's probably why the manga-ka hasn't shown him overcoming his fear yet of her.
Old 2013-08-26, 16:50   Link #5790
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Johnny what i mean is that Kenichi learned some fighting techniques from the other masters but he learned non from Shigure he don't have to use weapons but at least he could learn from her about the weapons he is about to face like how to defend against them she is the prodigy of weapons after all what i don't like is that Kenichi have a weapons master yet he don't learn any thing from her and let's be real now if he didn't learn from her now that he is about to face the disciples of yami weapons group then when will he ever do that ,and if Kenichi don't want to use weapons maybe Shigure should teach the valkyrie at least the are willing to learn and they like to use weapons.
and SoloPanda by the time Apachai is done teaching Kenichi he will become some kind of undead fighter because he was between life and death all this time XD he may even became immortal like alucard ok that was to much but you get the picture
Since when? What 200 or 300 chapters ago? They haven't shown him anything and yet you expect Shigure too? Do I wish it would happen, hell yes! However, it's not going to happen anytime soon if at all since these master fights are probably going to last for weeks...?
Old 2013-08-26, 21:16   Link #5791
crow13

Quote:
Besides, weapons are still scary for Kenichi - it's his last hurdle. Shigure's skill with weapons makes her the most scary person for him, even if Shigure herself isn't that scary at all. She wants to teach him (very badly) but he's too afraid. Once he gets over that fear, Kenichi will change. It's probably why the manga-ka hasn't shown him overcoming his fear yet of her.
ya i hope he gets over his fear and learn a thing or two about weapons from her.
Quote:
Since when? What 200 or 300 chapters ago? They haven't shown him anything and yet you expect Shigure too? Do I wish it would happen, hell yes! However, it's not going to happen anytime soon if at all since these master fights are probably going to last for weeks...?
what i'm saying is that if Kenichi is going to learn about weapons it should be in this arc after his master finish fighting or after he have his first fight with a disciple from the weapon group and almost die then he will ask her to teach him about that weapon or so it have always been like that frist he run from the training from hell them when he almost die or someone close to him almost get hurt he takes the training then beat the enemy wich is a good thing don't get me wrong i like how he never gives up i just want him to learn from every master all he can so when the time come he doesn't get defeated.
and it's properly now shigure time to shine and that's why she is the one that stayed with kenichi instead of any other master.
Old 2013-08-27, 07:28   Link #5792
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I wouldn't be too sure of that. If they all have the "brilliant" idea of taking on Saiga first, then most of them will get trounced in the same chapter. Akisame might last two or three, but even he cannot stand against the One Shadow. So don't be surprised if it doesn't take as long as you're expecting.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:31   Link #5793
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't care what anyone else says, Shigure's definitely got some 'hot-for-student' feels going for Kenichi. >.> I blame the author for making it seem like that.

Kushineda... get to see her in action again. This ought to be a treat, in more ways than one. Let's see if the power of the invincible four can defeat the big 7.
Old 2013-08-30, 17:25   Link #5794
Breimoon

umh...i think kenichi will stick to gauntlets, at most to tonfa . I don't think he will ever use a lethal weapon.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 19:25   Link #5795
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'm banking the Shinpaku Alliance will show up in the next chapter to even out the odds...
Old 2013-09-08, 01:07   Link #5796
shaqpabst

I bank that Shigure is seriously gonna get hurt this fight
(sad to say though)
shaqpabst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 01:56   Link #5797
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqpabst View Post
I bank that Shigure is seriously gonna get hurt this fight
(sad to say though)
It is sad, but I'm tempted to agree. Against the seven Hachious, she doesn't stand a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Hayato ran to their rescue after he escapes the island. They're gonna need back-up for this one. On their own, they're burnt toast.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 07:22   Link #5798
Breimoon

there is a thing i'm wondering. Why didn't they leave kenichi and company under the boxing master's protection ? They could have brought shigure along which would have helped in that battle . Is that boxing master weak? or maybe they didn't train together with shigure?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 07:34   Link #5799
Ultragunner

It's just that he doesn't really care what Ryouzanpaku does
Old 2013-09-08, 07:50   Link #5800
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
It is sad, but I'm tempted to agree. Against the seven Hachious, she doesn't stand a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Hayato ran to their rescue after he escapes the island. They're gonna need back-up for this one. On their own, they're burnt toast.
it could be one master and six disciples though. In which case it would be Shigure fights the master Miu fights the female +3 disciples and Kenichi fights 3 disciples. Or Miu fights the female who happens to be the strongest disciple and Kenichi fights everyone else... that would be hard to fathom against 5 weapon users but it could happen.

Tags
shounen