AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: How Infected Are you with NFSD?
worship Naruto, have a naruto Bible/Bingo book 6 4.38%
listen to naruto Music rewatched episodes over 10 times, bought sharingan contact lens. 12 8.76%
only watch naruto because it rules.. 22 16.06%
actually watch anime other than naruto 69 50.36%
download it, cus there is nothing else to do 12 8.76%
I like cheese... 16 11.68%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-09-23, 07:28   Link #21
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I watch other anime, but the little blonde ninja just happenes to be my favourite by far.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 07:38   Link #22
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I watch Naruto because I like it. It may not be the deepest, most advanced series out there but so what? It's got flair and good action, I like it, unlike DragonBall which I just thought was annoying and silly. Naruto also has a very interesting world that it's fun to learn more about, as well as a nice cast of characters.

And I watch other anime series as well, Naruto is not my favourite show or even on my top 10, but I like it.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 13:23   Link #23
lotus_lee

I'm kinda in the middle. I watch other anime as well but I do listen to the Naruto OST often and I have seen Episodes 49 and 50 like over 30 times.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 14:00   Link #24
gamergirlx
I want Kakashi's bells!

Send a message via AIM to gamergirlx
I truly suffer the disease, I have all the soundtracks loaded in my car cd player. I'm cosplaying Sasuke, and have plans to cosplay Naruto. Would get the Sharingan contacts if it was in my budget to do so (maybe later), plus I need to check with my eye doctor first, and because I have had really sensitive eyes since I blew a cannon up in my face and needed to have my eyes checked for shrapnel debris. I now have gotten all my friends into watching the series. I have seen a good number of episodes more than once, although mostly for cosplaying reference. But I also still watch other anime... And although Naruto's not my all-time favorite (yeah, I think you'd hate to hear about the stuff I have for my favorite), it's up there.
gamergirlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 22:22   Link #25
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
I'm not sure where to place myself on that poll, but the disease is pretty big on me too.. just by entering my room, my Naruto fandom should be apparant. 41 Naruto figures on my shelves, most of the Naruto games are laying around the room everywhere, my 23 manga volumes plus 3 artbooks in the manga shelf. And hey I did start up a fansubbing group with my friends out of love of the series, that's gotta count as something. Also don't forget that I'm most of the time walking around with Orochimaru-sama earrings (I'm making a costume to cosplay him, too, so far haven't gotten it complete though). I'm also actively trying to get Naruto licensed for showing on swedish tv, and also trying to get the companies I'm talking to about this to let me translate it for national television. It's kind of like fansubbing, only I'd be paid for it O_Ox heaven, indeed...

Naruto might not be my favourite, but it's most probably in my top 5 anime, and for some reason I have this huge craving for Naruto merchandise. I don't feel this way about my absolute favourite animes, and I don't know why. I would've gotten Sharingan contacts already (I was planning on doing a Sharingan no Orochimaru-sama :P), but I think I won't do it, cause the doctor's check costs so much. The lenses themselves cost 2500 swedish kronor and the checkup costs at least 1000kr (the girl at the counter said it was "around 1000 kronor" so I guess it's about 1200kr then :P).
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 22:36   Link #26
markybot

I enjoyed the series more in the beginning, Don't get me wrong I think the story line is getting more and more intresting by the episode, But I do not like the fact that recently it gives me that dragon ball z "omfg when are they gonna get to something good and stop with the filler crap" feeling.
markybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 22:46   Link #27
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by markybot
But I do not like the fact that recently it gives me that dragon ball z "omfg when are they gonna get to something good and stop with the filler crap" feeling.
The manga reminds me of DBZ right now, as well.

Spoiler for Don't look unless you've read the latest chapter!:

listen to naruto Music rewatched episodes over 10 times, bought sharingan contact lens.

That's me, minus the contacts. I'm too poor; what are they, like $200?
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 22:54   Link #28
IntegraTypeR

Its a good anime worth 40 mins of my time a week (1 when its subbed and another rewatch during the week).

Seems like all the DBZ noobs are transferred over Naruto.
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 23:03   Link #29
Minnaloushe

Love the series, both anime and manga. Though I do watch other series... Jin is cute. ^^
Minnaloushe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 16:08   Link #30
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I don't know the "I like Cheese" choice was really pulling at me

However I am watching other anime other than Naruto.

I am dissapointed with the flow of Naruto lately, and it's not that cute little fillers are completely worthless, it's more that they take the addiction out of the series for me.

If I have to watch much more fillers, I'll have to change my answer to "I LIKE CHEESE" seeing as I WILL be watching other animes, but Naruto will NOT be one of them anymore.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 16:30   Link #31
indo

listen to the music, rewatch eps but i don't have the lenses
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 17:20   Link #32
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
You taked words right from my mouth. Naruto's net community is big so it's easy choise even though it's an idiot magnet.
Actually it doesn't matter what forum you go to, there's bound to be some idiots, it's not something you can avoid really...
More than a Naruto fan I'm a fiction fan. I guess I just like elaborate fantasy worlds, cool stories, whatever. I love elaborating and delving into all the little details and facts and whatnot, even though it might be somewhat pointless it's great when you just want to relax for a while. I hate lame stories, our western world is full of lame fantasy and fiction, since fantasy is considered mostly a children's thing there are few people willing to make elaborate fantasy, like LOTR, and most that are willing, are already so fixated on Dungeons & Dragons type fantasy that they fail to create something truly original. Since oriental fantasy is so different, I guess I just find it refreshing. Currently I'm watching Naruto, FMA and Last Exile, all of which I have to say are pretty cool, though lately I feel inclined to say FMA is better than Naruto (I'm on episode 45 ). I'm also reading a book called The Hitchickers Guide to the Universe, which isn't oriental, but it is one hell of a laugh, just wondering if anyone might know it.
I come here because like Animizzle said, Naruto has a lot of stuff to talk about, and apparentally a lot of people willing to talk talk about it. It just has a very rich and elaborate world.
I have to say though, lately the anime has been very bad, it's not just that they're showing three filler episodes in a row, it's also that the filler is so bad, it seems completely out of context with the rest of the story.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 18:12   Link #33
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraTypeR
Seems like all the DBZ noobs are transferred over Naruto.
How can you be a DBZ noob?

Oh and VMLM3 I wanted to give you good rep for your most exelent post but it seems I have to wait a while before I can give you anymore.

And I have heard about that book and I am actually going to read it one day, maybe we will be able to discuss it sometime in the future.

Last edited by Shay; 2004-09-24 at 18:25.
Old 2004-09-24, 19:13   Link #34
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
How can you be a DBZ noob?
Yeah, I've been reading/watching DBZ for years.
Old 2004-09-24, 19:30   Link #35
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

WHERE CAN I BUY SHARINGAN CONTACT LENSES?!?!?

I'm serious though, lol.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 20:00   Link #36
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakashi
Yeah, I've been reading/watching DBZ for years.
From the faces I gather you are being sarcastic towards my post?

I admit there maybe some DBZ noobs out there, but if their still noobs to the likes of DBZ then it’s unlikly that they will start watching Naruto, the first arc of Naruto is nothing like DBZ and thus (From past experience) Naruto would be over looked by the average DBZ fan.
Cause as much as it sucks and sounds lame now, I can admit I was once a DBZ fanatic.
Hmmm, just realized that I’m now a Naruto fanatic. Must be on-going.
Old 2004-09-24, 20:58   Link #37
naruto_117

I didn't buy the contacts...
naruto_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 21:02   Link #38
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
From the faces I gather you are being sarcastic towards my post?
Not at all. I just like making faces, that's all. DBZ n00bs would probably be like those little 12 year olds that watch the FUNI dub on Cartoon Network and say;

"OMG KID BUU IS t3h STRONGEST FORM OF BUU BECAUSE FUNIMATION SAID SO AND AKIRA TORIYAMA IS WRONG!!!"
"OMG IF YOU ARE BEAT IN BATTLE YOU GO TO "The Other Dimension!!!"
"OMG THOSE BLUE GUYS SHIRTS SAY "HFIL!!!" (If no one gets this, it's because the blue dudes in Hell shirts say "Hell" in the Japanese version, but edited to say "HFIL" in the American version, which means...HOME FOR INFINATE LOSERS???? WTF WTF WTF???)
Yeah, those kids are DBZ n00bs.