Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-23, 21:16   Link #21
jade_time

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric
It's a fake. Don't download it.

The DVD hasn't even come out in Japan yet. So don't get your hopes up about the movie being available for download.

unless its a screener copy?
Old 2004-09-23, 21:17   Link #22
Trov
Holy cack!

Eccentric says it's fake... but Wnkryo says it's the real deal.... I'm confused. Any of you actually downloaded it and watched it? If you have, I'll take ya word for it.
Old 2004-09-23, 21:21   Link #23
jade_time

From the torrent stats no one has downloaded it yet, it hasnt been out long enough.

i find it really hard for Anyone to claim its Real or Fake... it might not be a legit release. but if the quality is good i wont be complaining.

i doubt a handcam job would be turned into dvd....
Old 2004-09-23, 21:27   Link #24
markybot

For those who dont know, If you decide to dl this, you need either a virtual drive emulator to play off your hard drive or you will need to burn this to disc to watch it.

Also for those who dont know, a dvd is typically ready way before the release date. But just cuz they have it ready does not mean they want to release it. They can milk extra theatre sales etc. Thats why movies that do poorly in theatres will come out right away on DVD while blockbusters take forever to come out on DVD, remember how long it took the first Lord of the Rings to come out on DVD? The DVD was done way before it was released. They even had time to do that special edition DVD just a little while later.

As you can tell by the dvd faq provided by the group that ripped this in a above post, Their release of this movie is 9/21/04 while the date they claim it will be officialy released is 12/21/04. It is common practice for groups that rip movies and cd's to try to get their stuff out as soon as possible BEFORE the official release date, more for bragging rights.

As for movies that are DVD-R, they are typically high quality, but every now and then you see some crap quality DVD-R

As for the subtitles...who knows? They might be official done by the studio, or they may be fansubbed. If you remember the GITS:Innocence rip, the first one put out by TheHawks was a dude sitting in the theatre with a camcorder recording it, and they put their subs over that. The second version was DVD quality (possibly from the official DVD but idk for sure) and still had their subs used. So it could be either one.

Last edited by markybot; 2004-09-23 at 21:40.
Old 2004-09-23, 21:42   Link #25
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:

The DVD hasn't even come out in Japan yet. So don't get your hopes up about the movie being available for download.
It could be a DVD-rip of a HK bootleg translation of a screener copy. It is unlikely, but possible.

Since we don't list HK rips I'm not adding it to the site even if it is legitimate bootleg. And I doubt that it is a legitimate bootleg.

* NoSanninWa laughs at the thought of a "legitimate bootleg." That's an oxymoron!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-23, 21:46   Link #26
skunkworks

How long has Ghost in the Shell 2 been out in Japan? A DVDRIP version of that is out, so who knows.
Old 2004-09-23, 21:54   Link #27
markybot

legitimate bootleg... i like =)

Also one last note. As anyone who dl's movies off bt (ooooh i know it's wrong, etc. etc.)

You can get almost any movie DVD quality BEFORE the release date. Often though it's in PAL format, so although it's watchable on your computer it's not watchable on set top DVD players if you burn it.

Luckily for us Japan also uses the NTSC format, so if you burn this movie it will play on US set top DVD players.

And when I think back to GITS:Innocence, a DVD quality fansub was released in a shorter time than the Naruto Movie, so I dont see why this one cant be real.

Also as for size, The gits:Innocence movie in avi format is 1.14 gigs, so I think the Naruto Movie in DVD-R format being 4 gigs is reasonable
Old 2004-09-23, 21:55   Link #28
markybot

Doh!

Skunkworks beat me to my Gits example
Old 2004-09-23, 22:05   Link #29
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
When someone has finished downloading this, please take a screenshot of actual naruto footage and upload it to www.imageshack.us or some other site like that. I don't wanna spend time downloading 4gigs on this slow connection if it isn't the real deal.

But if it is the real deal and actually looks nice... well.... *will spread to the rest of the group* xD
Old 2004-09-23, 22:12   Link #30
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:

You never heard of dvd screeners?
Old 2004-09-23, 22:32   Link #31
Ogata
Underling

so can someone confirm this.. i'm still confused on whther what this is
Old 2004-09-23, 22:35   Link #32
skunkworks

Argh, my download stops at like 1.7 percent. It says that it's downloading at 16k yet the torrent itself just freezes. Odd.
Old 2004-09-23, 22:40   Link #33
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Huge, well...not like I got anything else to use my pc for :/
Old 2004-09-23, 22:41   Link #34
markybot

I got a failed hash check, but it's continuing and im at 2% now

O yah and no one will be able to confirm if it's legit for a long time, probably at least a day, to possibly several days depending on the seeders connection.
Old 2004-09-23, 22:41   Link #35
kayoko
Yaoi Witch Trainee

i guess no one has the d/l file in order thing turned on...so then you can d/l a bit and watch that bit the file...

guess i'll check back in a day and hope for an answer? ^_^
Old 2004-09-23, 22:45   Link #36
jade_time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoko
i guess no one has the d/l file in order thing turned on...so then you can d/l a bit and watch that bit the file...

guess i'll check back in a day and hope for an answer? ^_^

Its not possible, like has been mentioned its a DVD image, which means you need the whole thing before you can watch even part of it.

(i am fairly sure about this)

No one would have completed it yet as there is still only 1 Seed, this is probably because it takes Along time to upload 4.3 gb even if its on a fast connection.

i would expect some within 12hours tho.
Old 2004-09-23, 23:19   Link #37
coash

Quote:

you're so smart not
Old 2004-09-23, 23:28   Link #38
bLuDrGn

currently at 9.5%, will download to see. ona college ethernet so it dont kill my bandwidth, hopefully its done by tommorrow. time to go to bed.
Old 2004-09-23, 23:32   Link #39
jade_time

Seems a few seeds are starting to appear, would be nice if one of them found there way to this thread.

and my speeds doubled over what it was an hour ago so Wooo.
Old 2004-09-23, 23:34   Link #40
jade_time

Quote:
Originally Posted by markybot
You can get almost any movie DVD quality BEFORE the release date. Often though it's in PAL format, so although it's watchable on your computer it's not watchable on set top DVD players if you burn it.

Luckily for us Japan also uses the NTSC format, so if you burn this movie it will play on US set top DVD players.
I live in a PAL zone, and almost all DVD players here are compatible with both standards. Would be strange if your area didn’t have the same?
Closed Thread