AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-11-08, 01:29   Link #401
Key Board
Carbon

The story begin because Suletta, by her own decision, decided to retrieve Miorine from space

afterwards, Suletta, again by her own decision, decided to accept a duel at the risk of expulsion to defend Miorine's honor

So yes, she stutters but she can be assertive if she wants to.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-08, 01:39   Link #402
Marina2

What I find strange right now is Prospera doesn't seem to worry a bit that Aeriel secret technology might be discovered/leaked by Earth house students who did the maintenance and modification on it. Did she foresee that Suletta will join Earth house?

Who is her cooperator/supporter anyway? Someone from Grassley Defense Systems? Considering that Aeriel has their technology installed.
Old 2022-11-08, 02:11   Link #403
Key Board
Carbon

I don't think it's a Gund jammer, because it didn't just knock out Pharact.
it also stopped the Halo satellite. I doubt that satellite runs on Gund format.

What I suspect is Aerial's permet values overloaded everything in the vicinity

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2022-11-09, 14:25   Link #404
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
What I find strange right now is Prospera doesn't seem to worry a bit that Aeriel secret technology might be discovered/leaked by Earth house students who did the maintenance and modification on it. Did she foresee that Suletta will join Earth house?

Who is her cooperator/supporter anyway? Someone from Grassley Defense Systems? Considering that Aeriel has their technology installed.
Yeah it seem strange that Aerial technology is taken so lightly despite Prospera insistence and trust towards Aerial, with how confidence she is in Aerial, I'm feel weirder and weirder that the security and maintainance of Aerial is so light.

I'm fairly skeptical toward the whole clone issues, I won't denied it's hold water and have a fair share of evidence toward, but I think it's stretching it's a bit. 21 years old grudge is more likely when everything began and it's start deteriorating into the attack. Rewatch ep 0 just now, there was mentioning the council and the whole pressure where young Prospera have, so the grudge is likely continue much earlier than the start of the story in ep 0. The whole attack was when stuff finally boiling over, It's could also be mention that Lfrith is refered as an infant, so Aerial is could be Lfrith AI finally getting all developed. The tension is likely start from the very beginning of Gundam development, and Even if the theory of Eri=aerial is wrong, Aerial being an ethical nightmare is still standing straight, since if Aerial is effectively Lfrith , then where did Prospera get the data, and how did they managed to develop Aerial AI up to that level.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 14:58   Link #405
Kazu-kun

If there was an incident that could elicit such a grudge from Elnora other than the murder of her husband and friends, I think it would have been mentioned in the Prologue.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-11-09 at 15:16.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 16:30   Link #406
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If there was an incident that could elicit such a grudge from Elnora other than the murder of her husband and friends, I think it would have been mentioned in the Prologue.
I think what happened 21 years ago is what directly lead to the attack in ep 0, effectively the reason why the whole vengeance is on. Remember from Ep0: we knew that the council is somehow already aware of the gundam system and GUND format. The earlier conversation between Cardo and Elnora also noted that the council is pressuring them, which is to say that the seed of hate already plant way earlier before the attack. The whole reason why this happened because Spacians don't want earth to move away from their positions, and gundam lfrith was born because of that. Remember, the attack happened precisely because they don't want to see the gundam complete. So the seed of hatred(discrimination, oppression,...) was always there, it's simply got expand over proportion when the attack. From where i see it, Prospera just see her husband and her family on the base died because of the oppression of the spacians and the councils which already span years ago.

2nd, it's unlikely to know if Belmeria is even that knowing of the attack, since everyone on the based except Eri and Elnora is death, and they escaped on lfrith. The very fact that she survived mean it's questionable of her status, and not to mentioned that och earths and gund format was having a lot of bad rep prior to ep 0 and that's why they have to move into the base.

And finally read the short story. It confirmed a lot of thing, i read it just now, it's effectively confirm that :
Spoiler for Spoiler for Eri and Aerial:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 17:40   Link #407
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I think what happened 21 years ago is what directly lead to the attack in ep 0, effectively the reason why the whole vengeance is on.
In the Prologue no one talks about seeking vengeance though. All the opposite, Dr. Cardo literally said they're developing Lfrith to make it easy for people to live in space. There's no indication whatsoever that Cardo or Elnora has anything but the best intentions in mind at the time.

Quote:
Remember from Ep0: we knew that the council is somehow already aware of the gundam system and GUND format. The earlier conversation between Cardo and Elnora also noted that the council is pressuring them, which is to say that the seed of hate already plant way earlier before the attack.
Yeah but that's on the council's side. Belmeria was talking about Elnora's grudge when she mentioned the 21 years thing.

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler for Eri and Aerial:
Not from the start. If the attack happened 21 years ago, then there's a gap of at least 5 years between the attack and the novel, and we have no clue what happened in that time frame.
Old 2022-11-10, 01:21   Link #408
Key Board
Carbon

Do we know what caused Elnora to have intensive Gund surgery in the first place

She said that Cardo Narso saved her from death

But what is the full story . Perhaps that is the grudge from 21 years ago

//
Old 2022-11-13, 10:54   Link #409
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
its not airing this week?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 12:55   Link #410
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
its not airing this week?
IIRC it's a recap episode with cast interview.
Old 2022-11-20, 04:35   Link #411
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Before episode 7: "Shall we Gundam?"
After episode 7: "Shall we commercialize Gundam?" 😏
Old 2022-11-20, 05:32   Link #412
Marina2

Ep.7

Interesting development...This episode is literally "Shall we Gundam"

Damm.....It sure easy for everyone to just come out and outright declared their product is Gundam. If I am Delling, I probably feel like I got slapped hard in the face.

Talk about Delling, I guess he is a nice dad and just want his daughter to relay more on him after all. Easily agreed to invest in her company just like that.

I was wondering what will be Miorine role in this whole plot beside being Sulletta's bride, since she seem to get side-lined after the first 2 episodes....so this is how they go with her. Next, she probably need to recruit people into her company...I guess that is how Nina and the rest of Earth house will get involved further.

Also:
Sulletta: M..Mom, Aerial is not Gundam right???
Mom: Ehe! It's actually Gundam!

Random thought
- Lady Prospera manipulative skill is so great. She always get everything going as she planned. Or maybe she didn't plan this???
- Shaddiq and Nika had some secret deal/agreement in the past??? This is not a foreshadow to a new top 10 anime betrayal right?

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-11-20 at 11:22. Reason: Fixed name
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 07:06   Link #413
EroKing

Episode 7

Nice hint.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:55.
EroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 08:10   Link #414
kuroyanagi

So Miorine's got her own company now, making her & Suletta a faction to be reckoned with, even if she's still riding of her father's coattails. Now I'm just giddily wishing she'll invest in a company flagship and helm it as captain (mostly so she can be a playable character in SRW ). As much as I like G-Witch, it has a grave lack of spaceships so far.

Also, Prospera just peaked #1 at the "would not want for mother-in-law" list for me. Miorine's got some difficult times ahead of her...
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 09:16   Link #415
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

For the people that still doubted, Prospera confirmed in this episode that it was indeed the Vanadis incident (therefore the prologue) that took place 21 years ago. So Suletta can't be Eri unless she went into cryo-sleep for a few years.

The girls looked gorgeous in those dresses, and it made me wish Nika had accepted to wear too.

It's always funny to see Jeturk's schemes blow up in his face. Miorine cares a lot more about Suletta than she's willing to admit, she threw away her pride to protect her. Is Prospera really so good she saw all this coming and she gave her that speech for that reason?
Old 2022-11-20, 09:59   Link #416
Frontier

There were two MS's added to the background of Delling's scene in the Opening. One of them definitely looked like a Gundam! Kind of curious what the deal is there .

Suletta is obviously still concerned about Elan, even if she should be focused on the fruit at her girlfriends' greenhouse, but a party seems like the perfect chance to dress up and find him

Man, Suletta and Miorine looked amazing in those dresses! Miorine looked so classy and elegant, while Suletta's red dress really popped. And they both had their hair done up !

So Shaddiq and Miorine...maybe not exactly childhood friends, but they've seen each other a lot over the years. Also kind of seems like Shaddiq misses the old, completely standoffish, Miorine from before he met Suletta. Not that it seems like he doesn't respect her so much as he personally doesn't seem to love the effect she's having on people .

Miorine meets her future mother-in-law! It's kind of sweet seeing Miorine be so bashful and respectful towards someone, although Prospera pays that back by basically gauging her mettle and telling her that, despite her hatred towards her father (especially in regard to her mothers' death) she still can't help but owe a lot to him .

Suletta gets paid a visit by the real Elan to ward her off from asking about #4, and she so far seems none the wiser that they're completely different people. I kind of would prefer she find out the truth before they find Elan #5 .

Shaddiq talking to Nika...is she a mole !?

Peil technologies basically absconds with Suletta and then conducts yet another Witch Trial to declare the Aerial a Gundam and sacrifice the Pharact on the pyre to take it and Prospera's company down. Man, I hate these women .

Luckily Miorine comes in to save the day again with her management skills to bascially crowd-fund a company based around ethical and safe GUND-Arm technology, literally called GUND-Arm, basically to redeem the company that was so unjustly slaughtered to begin with (even if she's not aware of this). I love when Miorine makes her moves .

It's just too bad...no one is interested. At least until Miorine runs and bows her head to her father and gets his support, probably the first thing Delling has genuinely done to support his daughter, possibly showing he's gained some measure of respect for her or actually does care, enough to also tell her not to run away from the ghost of the GUND-Arm technology she's now involved herself in .

Welp. Suletta just found out her mother lied to her about Aerial being a Gundam. I foresee this being the beginning of a lot of revelations to her
Old 2022-11-20, 10:00   Link #417
ryllharu

It was nice to see Miorine excel in her own element instead of crashing a ship into every object around.

While it was a bare-bones business plan, she did it all on the fly including the cost estimation on how much the Pharact cost Peil to develop. Also all the business babble she had with Shaddiq.

Prospera called her out on being a petulant daughter who still takes advantages of all the privileges afforded her, and while she first got offended about it, she didn't take the bait. She doubled down and used her father's influence to continue escaping his grasp without resorting to living in a tent in the academy biosphere.

But what was the tense and awkward scene with Nika and Shaddiq all about?
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 10:18   Link #418
Twi

Blog review done. Wow, Suletta is just having her world turned upside down this week. All she wanted to do was see if Elan was okay and she gets stabbed in the back by the three houses. Thank goodness Mio is best girl, even willing to swallow her pride to make sure they're safe.
Old 2022-11-20, 10:46   Link #419
justavisitor

What a great bride, and person, Miorine is. She throws out everything to help Suletta.

Don't think Prospera planned all this (like, knowing Miorine will come out and form a gundam company) but she is about to use the same defence that Miorine gave: Gundam is much more advanced, and her own daughter is alive and kicking!

and betrayal from Nina is forthcoming
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 10:56   Link #420
Twi

I'm willing to bet that we'll discover a twist that was how she got that Flight pack working. She sold information to Shaddiq.