Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Japan lowers retirement age to 10"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-17, 10:14   Link #3042
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I wonder if theyll actually tweak the formula a bit with the newfound freedom of Ash leaving
I assume the female lead will do the traditional battles/gyms stuff that Ash would do while the male character is going to be hunting for the Herba Mystica.
Old 2022-12-17, 10:19   Link #3043
B214

For now i'll just focus on enjoying the 11 episodes send off for Ash & Pikachu. Anything new to Pokemon i'll think about it later.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-17, 12:28   Link #3044
The Green One

It was time for him to retire. He's hit his peak. Not really much else for him to do from here. Best to end it on a high note.
Old 2022-12-17, 13:17   Link #3045
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
For now i'll just focus on enjoying the 11 episodes send off for Ash & Pikachu. Anything new to Pokemon i'll think about it later.
Since the new series starts in April, it's highly likely that finally the structure will be JoJo and/or Yu-Gi-Oh! like. Though for Scarlet and Violet, since the 3rd legendary that is responsible for the regional gimmick is DLC material, that could be a reason for the late start, not just the 11 remaining episodes.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-17, 14:48   Link #3046
The Green One

Wonder what they have in mind for these 11 episodes. He's been around for 25 years so they have a lot of material for his swan song.
Old 2022-12-17, 15:03   Link #3047
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Since the new series starts in April, it's highly likely that finally the structure will be JoJo and/or Yu-Gi-Oh! like. Though for Scarlet and Violet, since the 3rd legendary that is responsible for the regional gimmick is DLC material, that could be a reason for the late start, not just the 11 remaining episodes.
Given Game Freak's rather consistent schedule that's highly unlikely. With Sword and Shield, the first DLC expansion released in June of the following year.
April would be too soon if it was delayed to start in line with the DLC story.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-17, 20:12   Link #3048
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It was time for him to retire. He's hit his peak. Not really much else for him to do from here. Best to end it on a high note.
It's really the end of an era. Haven't watched Pokemon in a while, I should catch up for old times sake.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-17, 21:34   Link #3049
B214

There's a possibility they will still use Ash for the movies.
Old 2022-12-17, 21:44   Link #3050
Wandering Soul

Haven't watched Pokemon in ages, but hearing Ash is being retired still feels me with all sorts of nostalgia.
Old 2022-12-17, 22:19   Link #3051
Twi

Butterfree came back. It's going full circle.
Old 2022-12-18, 07:46   Link #3052
Huh...?

Quote:
There's a possibility they will still use Ash for the movies.
Seems less likely, considering they haven't worked on a Movie since 2020 (which was "Secrets of the Jungle").

We aren't sure yet whether Pokemon Company still want to make Movies or not, and even if they make one, whether it would be based on Ash (the one we know), or an Parallel World one is unknown.

The Ash from the last 3 Movie's ("I Choose You!", "The Power of Us" & "Secrets of the Jungle") isn't the same Ash as the Anime one (or the one from Movie 1-19).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 03:05   Link #3053
Chosen_Hero

I would care more for the whole Ash and Pikachu final episodes, but my personal favorite Ash was already retired back when Sinnoh finished and he got replaced by an alternate world version of himself that was still 10 years old, so I feel nothing.

I will give the new series a few episodes to see if it's at least decent.
Old 2022-12-19, 08:24   Link #3054
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I would care more for the whole Ash and Pikachu final episodes, but my personal favorite Ash was already retired back when Sinnoh finished and he got replaced by an alternate world version of himself that was still 10 years old, so I feel nothing.

I will give the new series a few episodes to see if it's at least decent.
Alternate world version? I'm pretty sure it's the same Ash.
Old 2022-12-19, 21:52   Link #3055
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Alternate world version? I'm pretty sure it's the same Ash.
Sadly it is, but only because that's what the studio that makes the anime says, but considering how different of a character Ash is in every single post Sinnoh season, he might as well just be an alternate world version of himself:

Kanto to Sinnoh = OG Ash.

Unova = Retarded Ash.

Kalos = Bullshit Greninja spam Ash.

Alola - Journeys = Slice of life/fanfic Ash.

And the movies only make the list longer, besides, when you try to make sense of events in the anime with the shows own logic, you get an inconsistent mess of a story after a certain point and a lot of the things they try to link from past seasons make no sense (like Iris being Champion when in universe, using their own logic, it's only been like a month and half or two since they saw each other and the Pokemon League is supposed to be a yearly event).

I will never accept that all of the anime takes place in one year (and that he didn't age to 14 by the time he was in Sinnoh), it's insulting to the fanbases intelligence to gaslight them into being ok with this.

I'm prime bait for Pokemon nostalgia, but this announcement does nothing for me, like I said, my favorite Ash was already unceremoniously retired long ago, so good riddance I say and let's hope that the new MC's are good and not obnoxiously annoying and boring characters like Goh.
Old 2022-12-19, 23:13   Link #3056
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Sadly it is, but only because that's what the studio that makes the anime says, but considering how different of a character Ash is in every single post Sinnoh season, he might as well just be an alternate world version of himself:

Kanto to Sinnoh = OG Ash.

Unova = Retarded Ash.

Kalos = Bullshit Greninja spam Ash.

Alola - Journeys = Slice of life/fanfic Ash.

And the movies only make the list longer, besides, when you try to make sense of events in the anime with the shows own logic, you get an inconsistent mess of a story after a certain point and a lot of the things they try to link from past seasons make no sense (like Iris being Champion when in universe, using their own logic, it's only been like a month and half or two since they saw each other and the Pokemon League is supposed to be a yearly event).

I will never accept that all of the anime takes place in one year (and that he didn't age to 14 by the time he was in Sinnoh), it's insulting to the fanbases intelligence to gaslight them into being ok with this.

I'm prime bait for Pokemon nostalgia, but this announcement does nothing for me, like I said, my favorite Ash was already unceremoniously retired long ago, so good riddance I say and let's hope that the new MC's are good and not obnoxiously annoying and boring characters like Goh.
I feel like that's your fault for tying to find logic in anime like Pokemon. An example Detective Conan went from no cell phone to smart phone and Conan hasn't aged at all since.
Old 2022-12-20, 16:20   Link #3057
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I feel like that's your fault for tying to find logic in anime like Pokemon. An example Detective Conan went from no cell phone to smart phone and Conan hasn't aged at all since.

Aah yes, it's totally my fault for expecting the show to keep doing what it was doing for 4 regions, for expecting it to honor what it was setting up in the season, for noticing how egregious bullshit like Tobias and for being baffled that the Pokemon Company decided to revert Ash into a 10 year old with the excuse of "kids wouldn't be able to relate or like an older Ash" in a series that is primed for having a new younger MC every region while properly honoring and respecting the OG MC (which they stupidly didn't do when it made proper sense)... yes, totally my fault, how dare I expect consistency.

Detective Conan is an entirely different problem, that series suffers from Simpson's syndrome, where the characters have to stay as they are, but the world needs to reflect the current time because of technological dysphoria... also, you know, Detective Conan takes place in a version of the real world and Pokemon doesn't.
Old 2022-12-21, 06:40   Link #3058
dragon1412

I half agree with that, I mean, OG for me was up to Unova, where they messed up a little bit, but when it reach kalos I think it returned to original Ash. Alola is the biggest shift in Ash personality and the point I feel it's different from his OG self.

Honestly I don't know if i'm going to follow new pokemon after Ash, I mean, letting go of Ash essentially they are going to reharsh the formula like gym but I don't have nearly as much of attachment with the new character compare to Ash. Worse, Journeys honestly isn't that good of a series for me to feel it's a proper send off for Ash.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-21, 12:24   Link #3059
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Worse, Journeys honestly isn't that good of a series for me to feel it's a proper send off for Ash.
Maybe, that's why we are getting the Special on 26th Dec & the 11 Episode Mini Series from 13th Jan.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-21, 14:15   Link #3060
grecefar

I would like for the last 11 that he returns to kanto change to his original outfit and had a quick kanto trip on the memory and nostalgia lane.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote