AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-22, 02:31   Link #3061
dragon1412

To be fair though, a single Pokemon series is very long (I'm pretty sure easily over 120 eps even for shorter series), so it also should be noted that is if new MC is able to stand on her own or not, I can see them bringing Ash as emergency help if the new MC isn't able to carry the show. I mean, people are definitely going to compare new MC and her pokemon with Ash and Pikachu. Good or bad.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2022-12-22 at 02:41.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-10, 15:38   Link #3062
darthfury78

Hard to believe that the Ash and Pikachu era is coming to an end. Then again, I stopped watching the TV show back in 2002 when it became apparent that Ash was never going to capture a legendary pokemon like Mew. If the show had featured Ash capturing a few rare pokemon(as well as growing up to adulthood), I would still be watching the show.

The one unresolved issue that I had with the show is the circumstances to why Brock became afraid of Professor Ivy.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-10, 16:45   Link #3063
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Wow...Pokemon i finally having its change of guard so to speak. I dropped watching the anime after Johto as school and work came up, and I just generally lost interest in something that lasted so long (similar reasons for dropping Inuyasha, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach etc.). When life happens, it's tough to try to find the time/energy/motivation to pick up where I left off in an extraordinary long anime series.

Ironically/hypocritcally, I stuck with watching Yu-Gi-Oh from Duelist Kingdom all the way up to Sevens, but not Rush Go (8th series) in 2022. I guess for me, it was the appeal of the card game that kept me watching.

Character wise, YGO to this day, still has Yugi and Kaiba as their main nostalgia bait, and every main lead thereafter has been progressively less popular than the originals.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how the new Pokemon characters continue the anime series. I am ready for a change and not have to see Ash. I get it, Ash/Satoshi will always be their OG cash cow, but for the sake of moving the story, I think keeping him around for so long was such a huge opportunity cost when they could have experimented and branched out with other new characters sooner.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-10, 20:20   Link #3064
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Wow...Pokemon i finally having its change of guard so to speak. I dropped watching the anime after Johto as school and work came up, and I just generally lost interest in something that lasted so long (similar reasons for dropping Inuyasha, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach etc.). When life happens, it's tough to try to find the time/energy/motivation to pick up where I left off in an extraordinary long anime series.

Ironically/hypocritcally, I stuck with watching Yu-Gi-Oh from Duelist Kingdom all the way up to Sevens, but not Rush Go (8th series) in 2022. I guess for me, it was the appeal of the card game that kept me watching.

Character wise, YGO to this day, still has Yugi and Kaiba as their main nostalgia bait, and every main lead thereafter has been progressively less popular than the originals.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how the new Pokemon characters continue the anime series. I am ready for a change and not have to see Ash. I get it, Ash/Satoshi will always be their OG cash cow, but for the sake of moving the story, I think keeping him around for so long was such a huge opportunity cost when they could have experimented and branched out with other new characters sooner.
I loved watching the original Yu-Gi-Oh anime that followed the original manga. Once the manga ended, the original show died with it. I never cared about the succeeding series that followed, like GX, etc. I wish that Kazuki Takahashi(manga creator) had continued the original series til 2010 instead of 2004.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 12:40   Link #3065
grecefar

We start the last journey of ash.

Ash wandering aimlessly around and with misty in the next chapter we may go with the nostalgia trip and brock will join soon.

If they wanted to hit harder with the nostalgia then ash first outfit would've made me cry.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 17:01   Link #3066
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I've been so detached from the anime. I remember one time in one of the first few seasons Kasumi/Misty had feelings for Satoshi/Ash, but he chose his adventure over her and she had to give up on him. Were there instances over the various series where he ran into her again and she confessed? If so, what happened of it? Because it doesn't seem like in the preview she has eyes for him, but only to battle as a rival.
Old 2023-01-17, 17:32   Link #3067
grecefar

As far as I remember it was just a tease of feeling with misty just like all the other girls companions, maybe a crush but nothing concrete.

The only with one geninue feeling towards ash that was known is serena and if ash has an ending with one of them it would be with her or misty, maybe dawn because she is the most popular.
Old 2023-01-21, 20:51   Link #3068
grecefar

I'm never going to get tired of misty, chapter was fun and the "original brat girl" comment from jessie was hilarious.

Misty joins and in the next brook and there will be a cameo of dento. Maybe we will get to see all ash travel companions.
Old 2023-03-04, 04:47   Link #3069
WingedAccelerator

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...visual/.195561

Yay, another character whose main pokémon is Pikachu. But this time, it's Captain Pikachu.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-14, 03:00   Link #3070
AP24

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zXct-OfBiPk

Celebrating Ash and Pikachu’s story ending in 10 days
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-17, 08:35   Link #3071
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 00:37   Link #3072
AP24

Their story is finally over….farewell
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 04:10   Link #3073
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Dang, I feel old now

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 07:35   Link #3074
Twi

Ooph. My age is showing.
Old 2023-03-25, 09:49   Link #3075
grecefar

it was good to see pidgeot again.

ash is totally coming back.
Old 2023-04-04, 07:01   Link #3076
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So in the end, Ash never wanted to be the champion.
Old 2023-04-05, 03:13   Link #3077
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

It is sad to see Ash no longer be the protagonist after so long. I was introduced to Pokemon here in the US, and watched the first few series. Then lost interest and other things like school and work and other hobbies/anime took away my time.

Saw a couple of random episodes here and there, but with such a long standing series, it would have been very time consuming to try to watch them all. Came back to watch the last 11 episodes and while I enjoyed the beginning portion, I didn't feel the final send off was done right. New shoes means a new journey, and Satoshi is still striving to be a Pokemon Master. Still, feeling bittersweet this iconic anime is coming to an end.

I hope the new characters will revitalize interest in Pocket Monsters, but it's a tall order to follow.

We have seen that Yu-Gi-Oh! frequently goes back to their original characters, Atem, Yugi, Kaiba etc., more so that the likes of Yuki Judai, Fudo Yusei, and all the subsequent protagonists.
Old 2023-04-05, 10:26   Link #3078
Twi

Honestly, people who were only invested because of Ash's history are probably going to jump ship. Ain't going to dive into this rabbit hole again.
Old 2023-04-16, 15:55   Link #3079
Chosen_Hero

2 episodes in and I am not a fan of Liko (of course she has a legendary Pokemon with her just because), so far this show doesn't feel like a main entry but a spin off of a spin off because apparently now there are teams like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or something... don't worry, none of it has been explained, not even why everyone is after Liko.

Also, I hope you weren't expecting to see Paldea any time soon because of course we gotta go to Kanto... again... along with having Pikachu and Charizard showing off the most... again... these writers must have a bad leg because they can't seem to let go of those crutches.

So far this not a good way to start the new series, by the end of episode 1 in the OG series Ash and Pikachu had been established as characters we wanted to see more of as opposed as to what is being done in this show by the end of episode 2.

At this point I am just waiting to see if Roy is in any way interesting and I don't think we will be seeing him until like episode 4 or 5 at best.
Old 2023-04-24, 03:50   Link #3080
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
2 episodes in and I am not a fan of Liko (of course she has a legendary Pokemon with her just because), so far this show doesn't feel like a main entry but a spin off of a spin off because apparently now there are teams like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or something... don't worry, none of it has been explained, not even why everyone is after Liko.

Also, I hope you weren't expecting to see Paldea any time soon because of course we gotta go to Kanto... again... along with having Pikachu and Charizard showing off the most... again... these writers must have a bad leg because they can't seem to let go of those crutches.

So far this not a good way to start the new series, by the end of episode 1 in the OG series Ash and Pikachu had been established as characters we wanted to see more of as opposed as to what is being done in this show by the end of episode 2.

At this point I am just waiting to see if Roy is in any way interesting and I don't think we will be seeing him until like episode 4 or 5 at best.
actually you wrong about 2 things.the first thing is about them going to kanto since they going to pleada in the airship to visit liko mom. also we know why the bad guys after liko it bacouse the pendant.and last thing i think liko socially awkward personality and her inner monoluges leaves room for character develoment
elior is offline   Reply With Quote