AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-03-12, 15:29   Link #1
UberDork

Question [Manga]Who will become the next Hokage

I think it will be Konohamaru because he is the grandson of the Third of it would be Naruto because he is the little brother of the 4th
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 18:00   Link #2
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Konahonamru hasnt shown any real potential and I think Tsunade will be around a Long time, added with the fact she can basicly take years off year life, unless she's killed.

I think there are a few possibilities, Kakashi would be one but ultimatly, i think Naruto would become hockage or will die saving the village and be made a Hockage at his funeral or something.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 22:03   Link #3
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Sakura will be.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 23:02   Link #4
ranchan13

I see any of the following being the 6th

Kakashi (though I doubt Tsunade will retire till he's too old to play the part himself)
Konohamaru (If (BIG IF) he developes some insane skills and becomes a powerful ninja fast)
Sakura (She's incredibly brilliant, I believe she picked up nearly everything Tsunade could teach in the time skip, and she's developed on her own, I doubt there will be a Medical ninja who can match her)
Sasuke (once he loses the revenge bit and leaves Orochimaru)
Naruto (Afterall, he is the title character, and if he ever learns to control Kyuubi at 9 tails and not detriment his life, there will not be a ninja alive who could even hope to stand up to him)
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 23:21   Link #5
Zek
Eyebrows...

Spoiler for Manga:
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 23:49   Link #6
Slayerx

Sakura seems like an excellent choice for a future hokage
Right now, she doesn't quite cut however... but it's like kakashi says, at the rate she's going, she may surpass Tsunade
Brains, brawn, and life saving jutsus

Kakashi seems like the type who would turn down an offer for hokage, much like Jiriaya... besides, kakashi seems like that type who best suited for being out in the field instead of staying in kohona

Naruto... he's the main character and it's his dream... but i just can't picture it
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 23:52   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kakashi the most likely among younger generation .Hyuga clan too has some strong contenders but Kakashi was once anbu that adds more weightage to him. Even Yamato is quite skilled
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 00:02   Link #8
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Naruto doesn't really think that well. He'd be a pretty bad choice for a hokage.
Kakashi is pretty smart and skilled, but I don't think he would even be alive in the end.
Neji has pretty good leadership skills, and is also a pretty good fighter.
Sasuke betrayed the village, so he is out of the question.
Sakura is pretty much like Tsunade except more hardworking, but that's probably because of age.

So it's either Neji (if they we're to remove that thing on his head) or Sakura.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 00:32   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Kakashi as great as he is (and he is the best grown-up ninja not a Sannin), he's just has too passive of a personality to be Hokage...He couldn't even sense the tension between Naruto and Sasuke (tension he's actually responsible for to an extent) so I can't imagine him having a feel for an entire village of people...Tsunade also doesn't seem the type to be Hokage forever, she's a great stop-gap, but I think she's vulnerable to be replaced at some point..She would still be invaluable as the head of Konoha's medical division, but she doesn't seem to be too level-headed or diplomatic in any way...Most of the time she's trying to get out of doing work...

As for the youngins I think Shino and Shikimaru have the best potential for being a possible hokage in the future...Both are very smart, straight-forward leader types...Shika might grow out of his "troublesome" nature, because as a strategist he could be an incredible war-time or peace-time hokage...None of them have the brute strength or passion of Naruto so while they are probably more smarter and practical, Naruto's passion has them beat by a mile and I believe at some point he will fulfill that dream, but it will be a while (Late 30's early 40's prolly)...When he becomes a Jounin I imagine he'll be the sensei for Konohamaru's-group setting him up to be a Hokage some day...

I would count out Sakura, I mean what has she used like 2 jutsu's the entire series?? Hell Ino and Hinata have more quality "skills-moments" than Sakura...You think Sakura coulda fought Neji or anybody other than Ino? Not to mention she doesn't have the self-confidence and is emotionally unstable (That could all change, but not good indicators for me to even mention her for Hokage) She doesn't have what it takes at all for something like Hokage so please stop acting like she's the "fun-pick"...

So right now I think the jury is still out, but somebody is gonna have to be Hokage before Naruto gets it i think...I can't see Tsunade there for 20 more years...Perhaps there are some more former konoha greats still out there we haven't seen yet...Even Jiraya might come to his senses and become Hokage at some point when he gets a little older...I do believe Naruto will be a Hokage (sense it's basically the nuts and bolts of the show), but I'm not sure whose gonna be it before him, as good as he's becoming I can't see Naruto being a genius hokage at a super young age like Yondaime, he needs more work on his mental capacities before he can take that next step...Ofcourse Sasuke would have been a good choice, but since he's an avenging back-stabbing, gremlin-winged, betrayer and scab, he'll never sniff that honor...Hell i'd never let him back in the village after the choice he made to seek power from the last Hokage's killer...

So basically i guess i don't know who should be the next Hokage^^...
Old 2006-03-14, 23:36   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
As for the youngins I think Shino and Shikimaru have the best potential for being a possible hokage in the future...Both are very smart, straight-forward leader types...Shika might grow out of his "troublesome" nature, because as a strategist he could be an incredible war-time or peace-time hokage...None of them have the brute strength or passion of Naruto so while they are probably more smarter and practical, Naruto's passion has them beat by a mile and I believe at some point he will fulfill that dream, but it will be a while (Late 30's early 40's prolly)...When he becomes a Jounin I imagine he'll be the sensei for Konohamaru's-group setting him up to be a Hokage some day...
You hit the nail on the head there. The whole theme with Naruto is that if you have the determination then your dreams shall be fulfilled. Last time I checked a Hokage isn't picked simply because of the amount of knowedge he/she has. They need to also have a kind heart and be able to care a great deal about the people. Martial artists in our world confirm this: "Titles and ranks are worthless without spirit (or more poeticaly, passion)". In that sense Naruto is the perfect candidate for the next Hokage title. While most characters love the people of Konoha a great deal Naruto is the one that cares the most. And even though he's not the brightest person in the world he could just as easily hire Shikamaru and Shino as his advisors, at least in strategy and political issues.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 01:33   Link #11
Uchiha-kaze

For the sixth, my money is on Naruto. Considering Naruto will become Hokage at some point in time. The fourth was in his twenties or so (correct me if I'm wrong) when he became Hokage, and Naruto does have the potential to surpass the fourth.
Uchiha-kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 01:38   Link #12
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha-kaze
Naruto does have the potential to surpass the fourth.
False. Jiraiya and Tsunade said Naruto doesn't have talent like the Fourth.
He is simply Yondaime's guarddog, the little monster with insane power.
Yondaime created Naruto as an experiment, and Kyuubi Naruto can defeat Oro.
This should tell you that Yondaime was on a whole other level, unrivalled in strength.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 02:53   Link #13
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
False. Jiraiya and Tsunade said Naruto doesn't have talent like the Fourth.
He is simply Yondaime's guarddog, the little monster with insane power.
Yondaime created Naruto as an experiment, and Kyuubi Naruto can defeat Oro.
This should tell you that Yondaime was on a whole other level, unrivalled in strength.
Omg ... Yondaime is turning his back to you in his grave. How dare you insult Naruto !? ^_^;;

I don't see why Naruto cannot be Hokage? To me, the previous kazekage of the Sand village was far less intelligent than Naruto to tricked and killed in such a way.
Also ... you can't say Naruto will be bad as Hokage. He's still a kid... let's see what will become of Naruto when he's 18 or in his twenties. He'll surprise us all
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 04:17   Link #14
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
How dare you insult Naruto !? ^_^;;
I didn't insult Naruto. I believe he will become stronger than Orochimaru and Itachi.
But it is still not enough to compare to Yondaime Hokage.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 04:34   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
I didn't insult Naruto. I believe he will become stronger than Orochimaru and Itachi.
But it is still not enough to compare to Yondaime Hokage.
Dude no diss , But if Naruto learns to control and manipulate the Kyubi Kitsune to his inkling he can surpass even Yondaime and possible be strongest Shinobi ever.There is big if, I dont know if Naruto will be able to do that to Kyubi Kitsune
If we anaylize the facts Yondaime defeated Kyubi Kitsune with Shiki Fūjin (Dead Demon Consuming Seal) but at the cost of his life.That itself proves Kyubi Kitsune was more powerful than Yondaime or he could have defeated it normally without sacrificing himself

You may argue Naruto got defeated against Sasuke even with help Kyubi Kitsune.But all I can say is that was a one-tailed kyubi
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 05:00   Link #16
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
That itself proves Kyubi Kitsune was more powerful than Yondaime or he could have defeated it normally without sacrificing himself
we dont know if the death god got his soul because he didnt get the kyuu-bi's , we're not sure what happened.

Yondaime sealed the kyuu bi in naruto to protect konoha, if yondaime had wished for him to be killed after his sealed while still a baby, yondaime could of ordered so, right?
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 10:00   Link #17
carb

sasuke - no way in hell. thinks too much of himself and his needs. solo fighter too.

sakura - hmm maybe. but lacks courage and willpower to stay in battle. if she improves, maybe she will be a candidate one day.

naruto - actually the opposite of sakura. if sakura doesn't have that much willpower and resilience to stay in battle, naruto has plenty. but at the same time, while sakura has brains, naruto doesn't. still, i give naruto props for learning( although not yet mastered ) rasengan in a short amount of time. naruto instills something to people that makes them like him fast. though still careless.

kakashi - hmm no i dont think so. good leadership, but plays too safe i guess. kakashi gives me the impression that he can lead small groups quite well, but not an entire village. sori
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 10:31   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Other then the Sannin is Naruto the best possibilty.

So far Kakashi might have much more techniques is smarter etc. etc. but he seriously lacks what all previous Hokage's had. A large chakra pool and a great amount of stamina.

Naruto is getting bright, learns quick, has a strong will to protect someone or something. Has a great ambition.

My thought: As soon as Tsunade & Jiraiya start to worry about their life (old age, war between countries or assaults/assasanation) they might pick Naruto both.

Both to train him the skills & knowlegde he needs to become their succesor...just like Shodai en Nidaime Hokage did with Sarutobi.

Sasuke - is currently a traitor and a (former) traitor will never be allowed to rule that's common sense.
Sakura - currently she lacks alot..courage, techniques, ambition
Lee - he cant use ninjutsu or genjutsu which will seriously limit his abilities.
Neji - a possible shinobi but i am not sure they will accept someone from a specific Clan, he actually posses every factor to become one.

So i'd still say Naruto might be the best option.
Old 2006-03-15, 11:08   Link #19
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Why not. It's not said that clans are pushed aside as Hokage candidates.
Problem with Neji is that he's wearing the Hyuuga family curse, limiting his abilities to outperform the head family.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 12:09   Link #20
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I think that Naruto will eventually find ways to develop jutsu's like he already did with: Harem No Jutsu and specific kinds of in the manga.

He told himself he'd change the Hyuuga once he becomes Hokage. So i think Naruto will eventually develop a technique to unseal Neji's seal...or Hiashi will do it himself.