AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 20:17   Link #2061
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkedcat View Post
I will give you permission to post this picture and links on your LiveJournal and DeviantArt pages.

Edit: .... dang....
speaking of images, how about some more text to inspire more?

Edit: I claim this page in the name of

THE LAWN QUEEN
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 20:28   Link #2062
AshLikeSnow
potato
*Author

Send a message via AIM to AshLikeSnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post

THE LAWN QUEEN
subtle request is subtle. lol
AshLikeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 20:53   Link #2063
Junkedcat
Floater

Quote:

THE LAWN QUEEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow View Post
subtle request is subtle. lol
Sorry but no snip bit today. Got a lot of things on my plate coming up so working on it is going to slow down a little. That and i got to think very carefully how i play out the next part. A key moment could fit in the next bit if i play out the story right,. If it doesn't play right then then the moment will not function correctly.
Junkedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 22:13   Link #2064
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkedcat View Post
Sorry but no snip bit today. Got a lot of things on my plate coming up so working on it is going to slow down a little. That and i got to think very carefully how i play out the next part. A key moment could fit in the next bit if i play out the story right,. If it doesn't play right then then the moment will not function correctly.
Aw T_T I was looking forward to one.

Anyway, Added Junkedcat to profiles. ^^
Old 2008-03-07, 00:26   Link #2065
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurianangel View Post
I'm sorry but....
Spoiler for I HAD TO:
Now that is interesting
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 09:06   Link #2066
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Wakeup.

Nanoha slowly sat up in bed, sleepingly looking around as the lgiht flooded her room.

Get ready.

Stumbling into the bathroom, she lazily put toothpaste on her brush and washed out her mouth.

Get Dressed.

Stockings were slid up, making her almost fall over because she tried to do them standing up.

Breakfast.

A piece of toast was all she needed. A little butter, a little jam. She nibbled it lightly with a glass of orange juice.

Check everything.

The coffee pot was on, her ponytail was lopsided, no wrinkles in her stockings, and her uniform was crisp and clean.

Wake Fate.

A light kiss to the forehead. It was all it took. The blonde mumbled something, opened her eyes, and got another fast kiss on the lips.

Go to Work.

Nanoha closed the door behind herself and smiled. Just another morning.

~*Written while waiting for my biscuit to be delivered to me at work*~
Old 2008-03-07, 09:17   Link #2067
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post

That almost made no sense to me

I could've said, "the OC really based on myself and not the superhero version of myself called Kha the Servant Archer", but it wouldn't be fun and confusing.
Old 2008-03-07, 11:13   Link #2068
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Nanoha's Friday cont. time: 0800-1000

Teach.

Nanoha raised her hand, demonstrating how to form differnt energy balls. Each one floated around herself while the forwards tried to pick them off and say what each ball of power was capable of doing.

Nurse.

The instructor sat down on a bench in favor of rubbing her swollen ankle that managed to get clipped in the four-on-one battle. Lightly she tested it's ability to keep holding her weight and was disapointed to realize that it was too painful to walk on anymore.

Get scolded.

Fate was mad. Having passed by and saw her sitting down, she came to speak for a few moments. The wounded ankle was a simple thing, but because the girl walked on it for so long after it got hurt it escalated up into a problem. Red eyes were closed as a finger was brought up to point out obvious facts about taking care of oneself. Everyone walking by had a good chuckle at the flgiht instructor being lectured by an enforcer.

Snack time.

Sitting in Shamal's room, Nanoha took a bite of her candy bar and chewed contently. The doctor gossiped with her about nothing at all while healing the injured section but plucked the candybar from Nanoha after finding out that was the reason for the recent weight gain on the girl.

Get scolded again.

Nanoha sighed mentally while getting 'the speech' about how staying in shape wasn't just looking good but also keeping close tabs on your body as a whole. To make up for the constant snacking, Nanoha was put on a week long diet of health food to make sure she learned he lesson.

Plan.

Sitting on the edge of the training grounds, Nanoha took off her stockings and boots. Her legs were dunked in the clean water and monitors were brought up in front of her. The next lesson was reviewed and, with a few minutes to spare, she dried her legs off by flying around quickly and then reclaimed the rest of her uniform before anyone saw.
Old 2008-03-07, 11:48   Link #2069
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Wakeup.

Nanoha slowly sat up in bed, sleepingly looking around as the lgiht flooded her room.

Get ready.

Stumbling into the bathroom, she lazily put toothpaste on her brush and washed out her mouth.

Get Dressed.

Stockings were slid up, making her almost fall over because she tried to do them standing up.

Breakfast.

A piece of toast was all she needed. A little butter, a little jam. She nibbled it lightly with a glass of orange juice.

Check everything.

The coffee pot was on, her ponytail was lopsided, no wrinkles in her stockings, and her uniform was crisp and clean.

Wake Fate.

A light kiss to the forehead. It was all it took. The blonde mumbled something, opened her eyes, and got another fast kiss on the lips.

Go to Work.

Nanoha closed the door behind herself and smiled. Just another morning.

~*Written while waiting for my biscuit to be delivered to me at work*~
Very Impresive , the things that the hunger inspire. Don't?

Quote:
Nanoha's Friday cont. time: 0800-1000

Teach.

Nanoha raised her hand, demonstrating how to form differnt energy balls. Each one floated around herself while the forwards tried to pick them off and say what each ball of power was capable of doing.

Nurse.

The instructor sat down on a bench in favor of rubbing her swollen ankle that managed to get clipped in the four-on-one battle. Lightly she tested it's ability to keep holding her weight and was disapointed to realize that it was too painful to walk on anymore.

Get scolded.

Fate was mad. Having passed by and saw her sitting down, she came to speak for a few moments. The wounded ankle was a simple thing, but because the girl walked on it for so long after it got hurt it escalated up into a problem. Red eyes were closed as a finger was brought up to point out obvious facts about taking care of oneself. Everyone walking by had a good chuckle at the flgiht instructor being lectured by an enforcer.

Snack time.

Sitting in Shamal's room, Nanoha took a bite of her candy bar and chewed contently. The doctor gossiped with her about nothing at all while healing the injured section but plucked the candybar from Nanoha after finding out that was the reason for the recent weight gain on the girl.

Get scolded again.

Nanoha sighed mentally while getting 'the speech' about how staying in shape wasn't just looking good but also keeping close tabs on your body as a whole. To make up for the constant snacking, Nanoha was put on a week long diet of health food to make sure she learned he lesson.

Plan.

Sitting on the edge of the training grounds, Nanoha took off her stockings and boots. Her legs were dunked in the clean water and monitors were brought up in front of her. The next lesson was reviewed and, with a few minutes to spare, she dried her legs off by flying around quickly and then reclaimed the rest of her uniform before anyone saw.
... your biscuit still don't arrive. Right?

Now I'm hunger too
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:51   Link #2070
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurianangel View Post
I'm sorry but....
Spoiler for I HAD TO:
Had a great laugh from this one

She's surprisingly clean for such a harsh job. Or maybe that's one of her commercials...

Quote:
If we have four dark gods, I think Angel should be made goddess of light.
Seconded

And today's scenarios.

Spoiler for Scenarios 35 & 36:

Spoiler for Special:

Edit: After some misunderstandings, I've added more thorough description to 35th scenario.

Last edited by Sam the Onion; 2008-03-07 at 15:20.
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:42   Link #2071
toran
Kyonko Convert

I'm curious, Has anyone done a Gundam Seed cross/fusion before? I was thinking along the lines of a retelling of Seed using characters from Nanoha. Instead of Gundams, it's magic/staff weapons.

Spoiler for Story idea/plot:

Last edited by toran; 2008-03-07 at 13:44. Reason: Can't forget Befriending
toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:53   Link #2072
Jimmy C

The problem is, we don't need magic.
If you're using an Earth extrapolated from our present day Earth, and the TSAB as presented in Nanoha, our non-magical weapons are virtually superior to anything short of the Bureau's warships.
And if those enter the atmosphere, we might have a chance against them too.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 16:50   Link #2073
toran
Kyonko Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The problem is, we don't need magic.
If you're using an Earth extrapolated from our present day Earth, and the TSAB as presented in Nanoha, our non-magical weapons are virtually superior to anything short of the Bureau's warships.
And if those enter the atmosphere, we might have a chance against them too.
Maybe, but to my knowledge, I don't recall them comparing relative power of physical type weapons to magic of TSAB other than that Physical is very destructive
Old 2008-03-07, 18:20   Link #2074
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
Maybe, but to my knowledge, I don't recall them comparing relative power of physical type weapons to magic of TSAB other than that Physical is very destructive
The physical weaponry was removed do to the ease of use( "A child can kill someone by moving their finger" ).

I don't know about SEED but if you want to logically work magic into Earth battles and stuff, you need a buffer.

One bullet will stop any magic user cold. Period. The same person can probably take a few blast of magic. shields prevent it. Gundams are stonger than mechs, so devices are stronger than weapons. to make it logical, the people going agaisnt them need to use magic as well. So the shields work.

Or you can make a special thing.... like gundams are made of gundamium alloy. stronger than steel. The devices can make a shield that renders physical weapons useless, so they resort to other weapons to go agaisnt them.

But really, as an AU you have the liberty to change things, such as magical warfare. Just make it clear at the start that Earth has developed magic.

That help any?
Old 2008-03-07, 18:49   Link #2075
toran
Kyonko Convert

Quote:
The physical weaponry was removed do to the ease of use( "A child can kill someone by moving their finger" ).

I don't know about SEED but if you want to logically work magic into Earth battles and stuff, you need a buffer.

One bullet will stop any magic user cold. Period. The same person can probably take a few blast of magic. shields prevent it. Gundams are stonger than mechs, so devices are stronger than weapons. to make it logical, the people going agaisnt them need to use magic as well. So the shields work.

Or you can make a special thing.... like gundams are made of gundamium alloy. stronger than steel. The devices can make a shield that renders physical weapons useless, so they resort to other weapons to go agaisnt them.

But really, as an AU you have the liberty to change things, such as magical warfare. Just make it clear at the start that Earth has developed magic.

That help any?
Well, I was thinking along the lines that shield and barrier spells have the ability to stop and disperse the kinetic energy, essentially stopping the bullet(since a barrier can stop a physical attack such as Vita's Hammer). It's not perfect since it requires magical energy in the first place. You also can't always block attacks from all directions. That's why Earth hasn't lost right away. They are only just losing enough for them to have a need to rethink and devise a way to get around that.

On the flip side, tactics, work on Earth's favor, but wide area magical attacks are kind of hard to dodge, hence a need for barriers that are more easily moved. It can be said that they believe that magical barriers and shields would be a quick solution to that problem, which lead them to the creation of staff weapons.

To be truly honest, I was thinking that Intelligent devices would be the equivalent of Gundams since I'm going to have TSAB mainly use Storage Devices.
Old 2008-03-07, 18:58   Link #2076
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
I'm curious, Has anyone done a Gundam Seed cross/fusion before? I was thinking along the lines of a retelling of Seed using characters from Nanoha. Instead of Gundams, it's magic/staff weapons.

Spoiler for Story idea/plot:
Hmm...interesting concept, however, very difficult to pull off for a number of reasons.

The TSAB is far ahead of Earth for one thing, meaning that they would have the upper hand, which includes far more advanced sensors than anyone else.

Secondly, don't forget that if need be, they can erect an AMF on Earth if need be. Since people on Earth will most likely be nowhere near the level power that say StrikerS Nanoha and Fate have, they will not be able to use their powers, because it's just not strong enough. So basically TSAB just has to set that off, and then send in their strongest, meaning their AAA+ and S+ mages in to deal with the situation, since they'll be able to wade through the AMF, and still be able to defend themselves.

Thirdly: Even if Earth advances, we would not have the level of technology, to even dogfight against a TSAB fighter. They'd shoot the fighters down before they even left the runway.

Fourth: If the TSAB wanted, they could call in a large enough fleet to perform an Exterminatus and just wipe out Earth if things go way too far, but then again, that would have to be an absolute Last Resort to pull something like that off.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 19:05   Link #2077
toran
Kyonko Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Hmm...interesting concept, however, very difficult to pull off for a number of reasons.

The TSAB is far ahead of Earth for one thing, meaning that they would have the upper hand, which includes far more advanced sensors than anyone else.

Secondly, don't forget that if need be, they can erect an AMF on Earth if need be. Since people on Earth will most likely be nowhere near the level power that say StrikerS Nanoha and Fate have, they will not be able to use their powers, because it's just not strong enough. So basically TSAB just has to set that off, and then send in their strongest, meaning their AAA+ and S+ mages in to deal with the situation, since they'll be able to wade through the AMF, and still be able to defend themselves.

Thirdly: Even if Earth advances, we would not have the level of technology, to even dogfight against a TSAB fighter. They'd shoot the fighters down before they even left the runway.

Fourth: If the TSAB wanted, they could call in a large enough fleet to perform an Exterminatus and just wipe out Earth if things go way too far, but then again, that would have to be an absolute Last Resort to pull something like that off.
That is one of the reasons I'm choosing to discuss, is how to balance the power difference between the two.

In this AU, the technology level is going to still be much different, but I'm going to assume that Earth's had progressed quite a bit under the help of TSAB.
The AMF issue, I see is also a double edged sword. Their weaker mages wouldn't be able to fight and protect themselves without something to counter the AMF. The people revert to their guns and Earth wins.

Also, I'm also going to make it so that mages in the AA+ rank and over are in the rarity. S ranks are extremely rare, and are usually kept out of minor skirmishes due to the risk of a lucky shot taking them down.
Old 2008-03-07, 19:09   Link #2078
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Doesn't this discussion sound like something to be done in the Magic & Tech thread maybe?
I mean it IS about a Fanfic but... You know.
Old 2008-03-07, 19:20   Link #2079
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Doesn't this discussion sound like something to be done in the Magic & Tech thread maybe?
I mean it IS about a Fanfic but... You know.
yes, agree with krisslanza

btw*still waits for krisslanza's oneshot*
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 19:21   Link #2080
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Which oneshot is this now?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha