AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 12:42   Link #121
martino
makes no files now

Quality should be the same, just lower resolution.
Old 2007-04-05, 13:34   Link #122
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
As always, Eclipse released CPU-killing HD nonsense.
Could it be that you got a bone to pick with us? Must be my imagination.

Quote:
I was wondering before, how could they encode 1024x264 Pumpkin so it would die on me, yet Yoroshiku's Kekkaishi in 1024x264 was perfectly playable ? Now they just decided to only release for the rich kids.
I don't know why the 1024x576 release would "die on you". Maybe your processor was insufficient? Maybe your playback setup is screwed (especially in the softsub department - Kekkaishi was hardsubbed mp4 instead of our softsubbed mkv)? Maybe Yoroshiku encoded with less cpu-intensive settings? Or maybe we're just utterly clueless about encoding. Who knows?

I'm sure it must have escaped your sharp eye that we always release xvid avi versions. For the less-than-rich kids. So that everyone can enjoy it. However, I'd find it kind of difficult to tell all those several thousand people who download and watch our higher-res releases that we're going to let this beautiful true HD 1280x720 source go to waste because our friend Karnot is feeling pouty again...

So sorry...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 14:24   Link #123
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thanks Mentar-chan for the release. I'm getting the HD version as I write. It saves me from getting/watching the RAW. Now we just need some other folks to pick up Romeo x Juliet today and I'll have my day complete.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 15:59   Link #124
Joojoobees

LOL, this is not going on my list of "important" shows that I bring out when I make pretentious claims about Anime as an art form, but it was fun to watch. The two main characters don't seem very bright, but they do seem sincere. The art style is very competent while still being light enough to fit the subject matter. Should be a good time.

And I was just saying, "there aren't enough Flemish jokes in Anime these days..."
Old 2007-04-05, 16:01   Link #125
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Is the manga version of Hyate as frantically hare-brained as this episode? I could maybe get to like this, in a bubblegum and popcorn kind of way.

Quote:
I was wondering before, how could they encode 1024x264 Pumpkin so it would die on me, yet Yoroshiku's Kekkaishi in 1024x264 was perfectly playable ? Now they just decided to only release for the rich kids.
What is he using for subtitling? It dies on me if I try to use FFDShow's subtitles, but it's perfectly happy with Vobsub/vsfilter (though my Windows Media Player doesn't play nice with vsfilter). Subtitled formats also kill my MPC, if I try to use any subtitle filter in renderless mode, which tries do do the subtitles as well. It's a pity, but there aren't really ANY softsub render filters that aren't buggy. VOBSub is the best of the lot, and it gives me problems with any player other than Media Player Classic. I wish they'd experiment some more on FFDShow's subtitle support, or offer a version of vsfilter as a plugin like virtualdub...

Also, to play these high-quality resolutions, one needs to turn off all unneeded FFDShow options like color debanding or heavy postprocessing, unless you have a reeally beefy computer to run it with...

Anyhow, the XVid version is usually released by Eclipse at pretty much the same time, so you can watch that version. The quality difference isn't too bad!

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-04-05 at 16:15.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 16:18   Link #126
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
I could maybe get to like this, in a bubblegum and popcorn kind of way.
Yeah, like a candy-coated popcorn. But that's okay; caramel corn has it's place. Just make sure you also eat some veggies, K?
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 16:54   Link #127
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Absolutly brilliant episode, so much moe its un-true, and that includes Hayate --- though i have to admit that Wakamoto Norio made it for me as the narrator. They couldn't have gone with anyone better for the job, your classic epic VA.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:59   Link #128
myopius

Sweet episode.

Spoiler for 1:
Old 2007-04-05, 17:37   Link #129
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the plot sounds crazy and the arts cute so count me in.

*goes off to d/l*

Oh and I feel I should say thanks to mentar and eclipse for the HD releases...I know their not for everyone, but I personally appreciate them and always download them over the smaller res ones when available.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 17:44   Link #130
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Rewatched this again with subs, the jokes are pretty good, atleast i lol'd a few times.

While Norio Wakamoto have "awesome" voice, I think the rest of the cast also did very well especially Kugimiya Rie (Nagi) and Shiraishi Ryouko (Hayate).
Old 2007-04-05, 17:51   Link #131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I think the rest of the cast also did very well especially Kugimiya Rie (Nagi) and Shiraishi Ryouko (Hayate).
Back before the anime was announced, i remember thinking to myself that if this show was ever to be an anime, then it would be them two to do the roles. Of course i have to think Shakugan no Shana & Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ for those thoughts. :3
Old 2007-04-05, 18:31   Link #132
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

OK, I must say the narrator also made me laugh. This is such a refreshing change, considering the last show that I saw with a narrator was The Third, which had one of the most boring and unnecessary narrators I've ever heard...

I don't expect this anime to be smart or artistic, I just expect it to make me laugh while introducing me to some memoriable characters. And hey, so far it has accomplished that, so I've no major complaints.

Some minor nit-picks, the scene transitions felt really abrupt, especially the part after where Hayate jumps out the window. Also, I didn't really care much for the background music, but the voice acting is fairly nice. Rie Kugimiya definitely works for Nagi.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 18:42   Link #133
syniel

There have been some decent series coming out but I think so far this one is my favorite xD

I don't read manga (maybe I should start?) so I am coming to this ignorant and fresh, but it's got likable characters, it'sa cute, and I do like the animation style!

Spoiler:

Last edited by syniel; 2007-04-05 at 19:32.
syniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 19:08   Link #134
Furudanuki

One of the main reasons I decided to take a look at this series was because it gives me another chance to hear Yahagi Sayuri. So, can anyone tell me if the character of Segawa Izumi is shown in the OP or ED? And if so, how can I identify her? Thanks in advance!
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 19:32   Link #135
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
OK, I must say the narrator also made me laugh. This is such a refreshing change, considering the last show that I saw with a narrator was The Third, which had one of the most boring and unnecessary narrators I've ever heard...

I don't expect this anime to be smart or artistic, I just expect it to make me laugh while introducing me to some memoriable characters. And hey, so far it has accomplished that, so I've no major complaints.

Some minor nit-picks, the scene transitions felt really abrupt, especially the part after where Hayate jumps out the window. Also, I didn't really care much for the background music, but the voice acting is fairly nice. Rie Kugimiya definitely works for Nagi.
Try watching "The Bartender" series. The narrator there was practically an invisible main charactor. The narrator in Hayate is not my favorite, but then, I LIKED the narrator in "The Third"! Go figure.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 20:15   Link #136
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Woah, Eclipse and SS picked up Hayate! Great news, I guess this can only mean fast and good releases
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 20:52   Link #137
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Can't believe no one spotted this yet.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:45   Link #138
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Lol, yeah i noticed that one but wasn't sure if it's just a coincidence or a Disgaea parody, you should take the one with him standing on the car hood staring at the kidnapper, the glowing red eye works better ^.^
Old 2007-04-05, 22:49   Link #139
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
I"m just wondering/ wanted to point out some references here. IN episode 1, you see Dorthy from Marchen Awakens romance pasted on the telephone pole. That's because of the director also directed MAR

I"m kinda wondering about another reference tho. When Nagi yelled Hayate. Was that a reference to Gad Guard?
Spoiler:

And yah, loved the narrator. Doesn't matter what he says, whenever i hear his voice it reminds me of Chiyo's Dad and it's just lol
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:08   Link #140
L33tmaster

Glad to see I'm not the only person on here who thought he looks like Laharl. Now we just need Maria in a Flonne costume and maybe a couple of Prinnies.
L33tmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp